Indoor Skatepark Fail

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2011 3:54 PM

where to start

Theres an indoor park recently built called break n bread. The owner is a pastor. (hence the name) It has a foam pit and a nice halfpipe and vertwall section, but besides that It sucks. Like all of the ramps are so close together its stupid. Its hard to explain the setup but its just been done so poorly because either the pastor dude is doing it himself or he hired some idiot. It deffiniatly wasnt done by a professional ramp builder. The box jump is horrible, the take off is so steep it bucks you like hell. Its funny too because 99% of people who go there are bmxers and the logo ofnthe skatepark has a skateboarder on it. Haha.

And thats not all, it costs i think like 7 dollars an hour 15 dollars for 3 hours, and i think 20 bucks for all day. Which is kind of rediculous.
Also, they made a bmx team for it. Im sure i could be on the team if i asked, but...
Team riders dont even ride te park free, or get a discount. All they get is a t shirt and go to comps for free, and comps around here are rare because they dropped the amjam program a year or two ago. So basically the owner is trying toget some free advertisement

|

4/7/2011 4:02 PM

csb.

tell him its bs or just dont go.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

4/7/2011 4:03 PM

haha, thats gay

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

4/7/2011 4:05 PM

at least you got an indoor park, it could be much worse dude.
But yeah i get what youre saying.

|

4/7/2011 4:08 PM

at our indoor park its $15 for two hours and all it is is basically two hallways wide and 50 feet long, straight bull

|

ukdthjctfukghcyr5eh

4/7/2011 4:10 PM

Skooter wrote:

csb.

Yeah, ive gone like 3 or 4 times. Its fun when theres shit weather, like this weekend.

And yeah im lucky i have an indoor skatepark. And im REALLY lucky i have about 5 skateparks that are at most a 15 minute drive from my house. Theres a couple that are like 30-40 minute drives i havent been to yet.

|

4/7/2011 4:18 PM

Skooter wrote:

csb.

Fbm Marauder wrote:

Yeah, ive gone like 3 or 4 times. Its fun when theres shit weather, like this weekend.

And yeah im lucky i have an indoor skatepark. And im REALLY lucky i have about 5 skateparks that are at most a 15 minute drive from my house. Theres a couple that are like 30-40 minute drives i havent been to yet.

i have THE WORST park 2 seconds from my house, a decent park 45 mins away thats getting torn down, and an indoor park an hour away. we have like 2 street spots too.... around here is terrible for riding but we manage.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

4/7/2011 4:21 PM

Skooter wrote:

csb.

Fbm Marauder wrote:

damn, closest park to me is 90 miles away, takes more than 2h with car. You americans are lucky.

|

4/7/2011 4:22 PM

Yea one of the skateparks by me is jusy down right horrible. Like im a park rat and id rather ride street lol. Street is fun fore me sometimes

|

4/7/2011 5:28 PM

dude your ignorant. like seriously i went to vegas on a trip a little while back and went there, its pretty fun. we became good friends with the owner and hes the nicest guy ever, he made all the ramps with his own hands. that place i so clean and well taken care of. i would pay that much just to ride a foam pit. he said hes going to build another park down here in phoenix, twice as big, im so stoked. but yeah rather than calling it a faliure and bagging on it, go try and open an indoor bike park thats better than that

|

4/7/2011 5:44 PM

TJ.dougherty wrote:

dude your ignorant. like seriously i went to vegas on a trip a little while back and went there, its pretty fun. we became good friends with the owner and hes the nicest guy ever, he made all the ramps with his own hands. that place i so clean and well taken care of. i would pay that much just to ride a foam pit. he said hes going to build another park down here in phoenix, twice as big, im so stoked. but yeah rather than calling it a faliure and bagging on it, go try and open an indoor bike park thats better than that

Well im 14, so that may take awhile.

He hardly listens to riders about sugestions about the park. He comes off as nice because hes a jesus freak, but he flips out when someone trys to take flairs to the halfpipe there. What do you expect if theres a foam pit ? He gives half hour long speeches if your scared to do a trick or if you cuss or if your trying some sort of flair. Like once his son was trying flairs to foam on his scooter and for 15 minutes he was giving him a speech on how to do em.
He is a nice guy, but i just dont think he knows how to run a skatepark.

|

4/7/2011 5:47 PM

TJ.dougherty wrote:

Fbm Marauder wrote:

Well im 14, so that may take awhile.

He hardly listens to riders about sugestions about the park. He comes off as nice because hes a jesus freak, but he flips out when someone trys to take flairs to the halfpipe there. What do you expect if theres a foam pit ? He gives half hour long speeches if your scared to do a trick or if you cuss or if your trying some sort of flair. Like once his son was trying flairs to foam on his scooter and for 15 minutes he was giving him a speech on how to do em.
He is a nice guy, but i just dont think he knows how to run a skatepark.

hahaha, why does he freak out i dont understand

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

4/7/2011 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2011 3:54 PM

al least yall got a park.......im thinking of making a q-pipe by a nice quiet area by water fro me and friends thats about it.
btw or single skate park (which is 30 mins away from me by car) is too crowded

|

4/8/2011 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2011 7:09 AM

TJ.dougherty wrote:

^^ THIS ^^

I just came back from a Vegas ride as well, i missed this park but i did research on it after the fact and plan on hitting it when i go back to Vegas in June.

There is not one single indoor park where i live and we have snow on the ground for 6 - 7 months of the year. For me to ride in the winter my friends and I have to build our own ramps and rent warehouse space. This year between 7 of us it costs us all almost $180.00 a month per person. At the end of the season we have to dismantle the ramps and put them in storage till next year. I can tell you its a lot of work and costs a lot to to do this not to mention our ramp set up isnt even 1/4 of what Break & Bread is like, but we are happy.

If we had a park like Break & Bread in my town, i would gladly pay more then what they are currently asking for admission.

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

4/8/2011 3:14 PM

I'd do anything for a foam pit.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

4/8/2011 3:22 PM

flow wrote:

Lawl

|

4/8/2011 3:30 PM

Shakesman69 wrote:

Lawl

No joke. Imagine me and a foam pit.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

4/8/2011 3:45 PM

what are you bitching about? you have an indoor park. just cause you think the ramps are shit, doesnt mean it fails. its just that spot, if it was different it would be a different spot, not that one. are you too good to ride ghetto ramps?

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

4/8/2011 3:46 PM

TJ.dougherty wrote:

Dannykobra wrote:

^^ THIS ^^

I just came back from a Vegas ride as well, i missed this park but i did research on it after the fact and plan on hitting it when i go back to Vegas in June.

There is not one single indoor park where i live and we have snow on the ground for 6 - 7 months of the year. For me to ride in the winter my friends and I have to build our own ramps and rent warehouse space. This year between 7 of us it costs us all almost $180.00 a month per person. At the end of the season we have to dismantle the ramps and put them in storage till next year. I can tell you its a lot of work and costs a lot to to do this not to mention our ramp set up isnt even 1/4 of what Break & Bread is like, but we are happy.

If we had a park like Break & Bread in my town, i would gladly pay more then what they are currently asking for admission.

exactly!!!!

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

4/8/2011 3:49 PM

flow wrote:

Shakesman69 wrote:

Lawl

flow wrote:

No joke. Imagine me and a foam pit.

probably lots of tucks :/

|

4/8/2011 5:23 PM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

what are you bitching about? you have an indoor park. just cause you think the ramps are shit, doesnt mean it fails. its just that spot, if it was different it would be a different spot, not that one. are you too good to ride ghetto ramps?

Yes smile

|

4/8/2011 6:02 PM

I don't even have a park in my city. Not one..

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

4/8/2011 6:10 PM

Dude I went there about a week ago. We were the first ones there right when they opened and we had the park to ourselves for a while. Then a few cool people came but after like 2:00 it got so crowded and annoying. I didn't care for the owner too much either. I was waiting at the bottom of the roll-in for the foam pit and he yelled at me for not going up and waiting. There was no possible way I could have fit myself up their with a bunch of scooterers and a few bikes at the top. I actually thought the box jump was sick though and the huge qaurter after it was so much fun. Miniramp was sick and I liked the little street section too. You just gotta be creative about the setups man and make the best of it. I got to spend the whole day their and I never got bored of it.

|

4/8/2011 6:16 PM

this thread makes me feel funny

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

4/8/2011 6:30 PM

alex517 wrote:

Dude I went there about a week ago. We were the first ones there right when they opened and we had the park to ourselves for a while. Then a few cool people came but after like 2:00 it got so crowded and annoying. I didn't care for the owner too much either. I was waiting at the bottom of the roll-in for the foam pit and he yelled at me for not going up and waiting. There was no possible way I could have fit myself up their with a bunch of scooterers and a few bikes at the top. I actually thought the box jump was sick though and the huge qaurter after it was so much fun. Miniramp was sick and I liked the little street section too. You just gotta be creative about the setups man and make the best of it. I got to spend the whole day their and I never got bored of it.

Im going tomorrow. And i got a clip of me doing a wall tap thingy on that quarter past the box in my edit if you havent seen it. But i guess they turned that quarter into a vert wall like the wall itself is the vert part

|

4/8/2011 6:34 PM

Dolphin wrote:

this thread makes me feel funny

I like that song called earl

|