Inexpensive bike to try a few tricks at the park?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2014 7:50 PM

Hey everyone!

I have been into BMX racing for 9 years and my race bike is worth around 3000. Therefore, i want an inexpensive bike that I could use to try hoppin' over picnic tables or anything else without having the fear to bust my current carbon fiber frame.

Any suggestions?

I also have an old frame (from when I was sponsored by Intense BMX) that I could maybe use as a base for a custom bike with "cheap" parts. Could you help me to choose these parts (durability/price) ?

|

7/10/2014 7:58 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/10/2014 8:07 PM

Keep in mind you get what you pay for

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/10/2014 8:26 PM

Thanks man. I appreciate it... But I am kind of tall (6') is there anything with a longer TT (this one is 20.5). My race bike is a Pro XXL (21.5 TT) and I've always riden the right size of frame.

Any other suggestions?

|

7/10/2014 9:27 PM

Nigahagi wrote:

Thanks man. I appreciate it... But I am kind of tall (6') is there anything with a longer TT (this one is 20.5). My race bike ...more

at 6 foot you probably should go with a 21 or MAYBE 21.25... 21.5 would be a bit hard to maneuver around.

|

7/11/2014 6:04 AM

Nigahagi wrote:

Thanks man. I appreciate it... But I am kind of tall (6') is there anything with a longer TT (this one is 20.5). My race bike ...more

KrisnerBMX wrote:

at 6 foot you probably should go with a 21 or MAYBE 21.25... 21.5 would be a bit hard to maneuver around.

Hey Krisner! Thanks for the answer. Are there a lot of bikes on the market that have a long TT? Example?

|

7/11/2014 6:38 AM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling