Injuries

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2010 7:01 PM

Post any legitimate bmx-related injuries you've had. Ones that have taken you out of activity for awhile. And just for kicks, if it could have been prevented by a helmet.

|

AUGUST 1ST=GO BMX DAY!

5/28/2010 7:04 PM

Ive sprained and jamed all my fingers none are straight. if thats counts

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/28/2010 7:04 PM

i snapped both my arms

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BMXFU

Loading Haters
█████████████ 99%
Complete

5/28/2010 7:06 PM

one time i cased a curb doin a sick nasty bunny hop i almost broke every bone in my body that day

|

you tryin to throw hands?
fuck trends
it feels like a piece of metal secks between your legs
i ride street cuz im not into trannys

5/28/2010 7:06 PM

broken collarbone over the summer

|

crystal meth

5/28/2010 7:09 PM

umm i moved a tooth, tore a hole in my stomach near my kidney, had 4 minor face/more ead plants i gues. jammed my balls between seat and tyre. iv been lucky. i usually land on my ass on face

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

5/28/2010 7:10 PM

Harry95 wrote:

broken collarbone over the summer

harry wins, tht musta been a world of pain

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

5/28/2010 7:22 PM

I've had too many to name, but the most recent was an exploded foot and big toe last summer. Took me out for over 8 months total b/c i kept re-injuring it. Getting old sucks. Feeling good now though and getting back on the bike again.

|

5/28/2010 7:39 PM

umm i shinned myself and got 13 stitches, but in hockey i broke my collarbone

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/28/2010 8:28 PM

Separated shoulder with torn ligaments and partially torn rotator cuff, concussion, chipped tooth, bit a small hole inside my cheek, broken helmet-supposed to be out for a month with at least 2 weeks in a sling, I was doing truckdrivers literally a week and 4 days later (BAD IDEA-SHOULDER IS FUCKED)

Torn ligaments in ankle-Happened skateboarding when a kid wanted to ride my bike (he felt so bad) I thought I was broken (Same twisted leg thing happened to my roommate, he ended up with 7 screws and a plate in his ankle...DRINK MILK KIDS)

Bad knees, fucked up wrists, thrown out back, lots of bruises, scratches, cuts, road rash, gouges, and stuff that should have been stitched up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2010 8:31 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Separated shoulder with torn ligaments and partially torn rotator cuff, concussion, chipped tooth, bit a small hole inside my cheek, broken helmet-supposed to be out for a month with at least 2 weeks in a sling, I was doing truckdrivers literally a week and 4 days later (BAD IDEA-SHOULDER IS FUCKED)

Torn ligaments in ankle-Happened skateboarding when a kid wanted to ride my bike (he felt so bad) I thought I was broken (Same twisted leg thing happened to my roommate, he ended up with 7 screws and a plate in his ankle...DRINK MILK KIDS)

Bad knees, fucked up wrists, thrown out back, lots of bruises, scratches, cuts, road rash, gouges, and stuff that should have been stitched up.

holy shit

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

5/28/2010 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:44 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

carjakester wrote:

holy shit

That was 2 events, minus the bottom sentence. The shoulder was one event, tried a downside footplant and didn't succeed. 6+ feet to my head and shoulder on asphalt.

http://assets.espn.go.com/...mx_footplant_630.jpg

The ankle was just skateboarding. Fucked up doing a hardflip and my toes caught, the board kept moving, and I sat on my own ankle. Heard a loud "crunch" and dropped to the ground in pain. Fucked my hand up some from punching concrete...haha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2010 8:40 PM

Photo

This is like the footplant I was trying.
|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2010 8:41 PM

dave lawrence wrote: Photo

hardcore

|

5/28/2010 8:42 PM

Bad knees, fucked up wrists, thrown out back, lots of bruises, scratches, cuts, road rash, gouges, and stuff that should have been stitched up. Credit: dave lawrence

This. And tearing open my thumb. I had to use butterfly stitches( enclosures) to keep the skin together. It got infected and I had to use a lot of Hydrogen Peroxide.

|

6/5/2011 6:42 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Photo

^^^^ thats me^^^^

|

6/5/2011 6:47 AM

Separated shoulder with torn ligaments on both sides of my collarbone and concussion-would probs be a veggie had I not had a helmet on, pretty sure I dislocated bones in my hand/wrist, sprained ankle (thought I broke it, but didn't-foot twisted out and I sat on it), sprains, jams, wicked bad sun burn that made me a lobster, knee spasms over the last two years, ankle pain, threw my back out twice, sliced open shins (1/2 in wide, 6 in long), countless cuts and bruises etc.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/5/2011 6:54 AM

concussions, contusioned ribs, broken fingers, impaled stomach,

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/5/2011 8:58 AM

2 herniated discs. couldnt ride for 3 months. just started riding again a few days ago. not doing anything big yet cuz i dont want to re injure it

|

6/5/2011 5:58 PM

I was trying a 180 over this one gap and my brake lever tore a moon in my leg out for a month or so couldve been protected by some thicker pants

|

RIDE 4 THE THRILL OF IT!

6/7/2011 1:48 AM

fat bald man wrote:

i snapped both my arms

I snapped one and fractured my wrist :D

|