Injuries & Tricks

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2020 7:20 PM

Just curious if anyone is going through it. Lower back problems prevent me from doing Hop Ice Stalls. And neck problems prevent me from getting sexy hop 3s. Mine turn into pivots because I can't turn my head that far lol.

Anyone else being held back from certain tricks because of injuries?

|

10/3/2020 8:43 PM

uh. yes.

I can no longer ride a bike AT ALL. because I broke my back three times. three surgeries.

I doubt that I will ever be able to recover enough to get back on a bike and do tricks. My goal is that I might be able to get a beach cruiser type of bike and simply pedal. But that is at least a year out.

Before these injures, I did a lot of yoga / stretching to be able to continue to ride how I wanted. Drink water and eat well. Take care of your body because it's the only one you have.

|

10/3/2020 8:45 PM

pnj wrote:

uh. yes.

I can no longer ride a bike AT ALL. because I broke my back three times. three surgeries.

I doubt that I will ever ...more

Damn dude. Didn't know it was like that. Sorry you're going through it.

|

10/3/2020 9:09 PM

Full fusion of my dominant wrist. Learned x-up rides as soon as it healed. Idunno.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/4/2020 1:05 AM

pnj wrote:

uh. yes.

Sorry to hear that. That’s a real bummer.

|

10/5/2020 3:17 AM

pnj wrote:

uh. yes.

Oh man, that is so heavy. Fingers crossed that moment on a beach cruiser comes sooner than later.

|

10/5/2020 3:18 AM

Nowhere near as gnarly as pnj's, but riding anything other than 'bigger' ramps hurts my ankle at the moment. It's just over a year since I broke it, and maybe 10 months since I've been walking and it still isn't right. Any time I ride the smaller bowl or the plaza at the local the session tends to end sooner than if I only ride the bigger bowl.

|

10/5/2020 5:09 AM

My right knee is currently giving me trouble.

I had lower back issues that flare up once in a while.

My plan this winter is to pull the "Big Boy" body change. Lose a bunch of weight and get stronger. I know it will help me across the board. I figure I will just do body weight stuff for now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/5/2020 9:27 PM

Dave, resistance training really helps, and I think is the thing that has ultimately kept me going over the years. I have a knee that tends to swell up any time it gets hit, but luckily is still mobile enough to do squats and the like. I think there is nothing for a sore muscle or joint like downing some protein and pumping it full of blood with some weight lifting.

I fell at the track Sunday. Seems I gave myself a nice little concussion and didn’t even realize it when I did it. I was supposed to get up earlier tonight and go to practice, but I just felt so tired I couldn’t get up. Then I went to use the gym before work (night shift) and lost my breakfast before I even finished my warm up. Now I’m at work all dizzy and feeling like crap. Funny thing is it wasn’t even a bad fall. I got right up and even got an hour or so of practice in afterwards. Definitely feeling it now, though. Lol.

Oh well. I’m just going to take a week or so away from any racing or trails to rest. Might cruise around here and there just to keep loose, but mostly I’m just going to focus on finishing up a couple builds and take care of maintenance work on some of the bikes.

|