Injury of the day...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2018 9:00 AM

Not really a injury but some longboarder road by me and I said is it a boosted board and he pulled a fuckin knife on me so i rode pretty fast and I have some hamstring contraction from a skiing accident so my leg was on fire.

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

4/20/2018 9:17 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Not really a injury but some longboarder road by me and I said is it a boosted board and he pulled a fuckin knife on me so i rode pretty fast and I have some hamstring contraction from a skiing accident so my leg was on fire.

So yes it is.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2018 9:19 AM

Edman123 wrote:

on Tuesday i sheared off my tibial plateau and disconnected my cruciate ligament at both ends, i have surgery coming up next Thursday.

Pretty sure you win this

|

4/20/2018 9:28 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

There's been constant pain in-between my forearm bones right above my wrist. I've taken a break from riding in hopes to make it feel better but it still feels just as bad. No idea what it's from or what's causing it.

Bulletpup wrote:

Same!!! If you figure it out post it here! Im still trying to figure mine out. Does it hurt when you squeeze the middle of your arm?

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

When I grip my good arm with my bad arm, it doesn't exactly hurt but I can feel something, it's uncomfortable. When I grip my bad arm with my good arm, it doesn't hurt. If I keep my bad arm in a postition for a while (going thru vital on my phone for a bit) right after I put my phone down, my hand becomes very stiff and I have to stretch it for a second to feel normal again.

I suffer with this also and find that when it flairs up a wrist strap is very helpful. It does sound a lot like arthritis in the way that it affects you. But I am not an expert so I cannot comment. Photo

|

4/20/2018 6:20 PM

Fraser Disney-Spiers wrote:

Not a BMX related injury but one that stops me riding the way I would like too. Osteoarthritis in my lower back.

Things that help.
-Swimming
-Stretching
-Yoga of any form.
-Core strengthing exercisers. (There's many videos of them on YouTube which are helpful)
-working on posture while sitting, standing and walking.
-sleeping flat on your back with no pillow and a firm mattress.
-mixing turmeric with warm water, lemon juice and honey. (Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and can be added to most meals). Black pepper taken with it can help your body absorb it more efficiently.
Oily fish like salmon or cod liver oil supplements.

Some of these things take patience and time, but if you stick with it you'll start to feel a lot better. As I am now feeing after following all these things. I am able to if I'm sensible, pump around a BMX track and ride a skatepark for a couple hours with not too many problems.

Warming up and then stretching after is a must and keeps me relatively pain free.

Sorry for the long, possibly boring post. I just thought it might be helpful to someone who may be suffering with a bad back.

Im gonna try the turmeric with honey deal, i have been taking a spoonful of local honey to try and get my allergies under control. Be nice to add some anti-inflammatory to the mix.

|

4/20/2018 9:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 10:16 PM

1 year ago,
Photo

And now,
Photo

So those are the teeth I broke... Yeah its not an in injury that happened today, but the replaced teeth still are a bit sensitive so I still deal with some pain though...

But my most recent injury would be, the other day I went to just throw a hop bar, and the bar slammed my knee pretty good, and it still kinda hurts bUT that's it lol, I don't really fall/get injured alot lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/20/2018 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 9:45 PM

Rolled my ankle hard on a fast plant today and I'm gonna be taking a day off riding tomorrow. It will be hard not to go out but that's life lol

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/21/2018 8:06 AM

Pedal to the shin when I screwed up on a megasin and when I fell off the peg, the pedal hit me in the leg
Look, I’m a poet and didn’t even know it, or maybe I’m a rapper, I don’t know, I’m on my phone while I’m sitting on the crappersilly
Photo

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/21/2018 8:12 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Pedal to the shin when I screwed up on a megasin and when I fell off the peg, the pedal hit me in the leg
Look, I’m a poet and didn’t even know it, or maybe I’m a rapper, I don’t know, I’m on my phone while I’m sitting on the crappersilly
Photo

Hate shinners. Id rather take a pedal than a peg though. What is a megasin btw?

|

4/21/2018 9:02 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Photo

Bulletpup wrote:

It’s probably one of the more basic gliding tricks. It’s kind of disguised as a scuffing trick but you put a foot on the back peg, use another foot as a balancing point and you swing around while lifting the front wheel off the ground, you kick the rear wheel backwards with your balancing foot (it’s harder than scuffing) while you spin in a circle backwards.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/21/2018 10:17 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I think he means megaspin, which is this:

">Link
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/21/2018 10:20 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Photo

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I think he means megaspin, which is this:

">Link

Oh ok

|

4/22/2018 3:31 AM

Fraser Disney-Spiers wrote:

Not a BMX related injury but one that stops me riding the way I would like too. Osteoarthritis in my lower back.

Things that help.
-Swimming
-Stretching
-Yoga of any form.
-Core strengthing exercisers. (There's many videos of them on YouTube which are helpful)
-working on posture while sitting, standing and walking.
-sleeping flat on your back with no pillow and a firm mattress.
-mixing turmeric with warm water, lemon juice and honey. (Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and can be added to most meals). Black pepper taken with it can help your body absorb it more efficiently.
Oily fish like salmon or cod liver oil supplements.

Some of these things take patience and time, but if you stick with it you'll start to feel a lot better. As I am now feeing after following all these things. I am able to if I'm sensible, pump around a BMX track and ride a skatepark for a couple hours with not too many problems.

Warming up and then stretching after is a must and keeps me relatively pain free.

Sorry for the long, possibly boring post. I just thought it might be helpful to someone who may be suffering with a bad back.

Bulletpup wrote:

Im gonna try the turmeric with honey deal, i have been taking a spoonful of local honey to try and get my allergies under control. Be nice to add some anti-inflammatory to the mix.

It's not the best tasting but the honey and lemon make it much better smile

|

4/23/2018 7:18 AM

First day back out after fixing my chain and putting some new parts on and I go to 180 feeble a little box and I double tired it instead. Slipped out and fucked up my wrist pretty good.

I'd kill to be twenty again laughing

|

4/28/2018 3:26 PM

dead goon wrote:

First day back out after fixing my chain and putting some new parts on and I go to 180 feeble a little box and I double tired it instead. Slipped out and fucked up my wrist pretty good.

Feeling my age today too. Fakie’d down a jersey barrier, back wheel slipped off, I flew backwards and landed on my elbow and hand.

My elbow now has a golf ball on it, and the golf ball has an elbow on it, and I bruised the shit out of my palm.

I’ve been so crazy about the shitty weather that I came back home and am resting so I can get out tomorrow too.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/28/2018 7:50 PM

dead goon wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Feeling my age today too. Fakie’d down a jersey barrier, back wheel slipped off, I flew backwards and landed on my elbow and hand.

My elbow now has a golf ball on it, and the golf ball has an elbow on it, and I bruised the shit out of my palm.

I’ve been so crazy about the shitty weather that I came back home and am resting so I can get out tomorrow too.

You fakied down a jersey barrier?...wtf lol

|

4/28/2018 8:02 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hahaha not down it like that. You know how some of them end in a gentle slope? I’ve been riding up and trying to fakie down that slope and got worked today.

Like this: Photo

|

4/29/2018 7:27 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Hahaha not down it like that. You know how some of them end in a gentle slope? I’ve been riding up and trying to fakie down that slope and got worked today.

Like this: Photo

Ohhhhh...i get you lol

|

4/30/2018 9:02 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Ohhhhh...i get you lol

Bad bad bruise. This shit HURTS!

Photo

|

4/30/2018 11:00 AM

I got hit by a car while i was riding street a week ago my ankle hurts pretty bad but i can ride.

|

4/30/2018 3:47 PM

Photo
3am wallride to body slam. Left some arm meat at the spot. Photo
My whole body is sore but i ended up landing it third try so i guess it was worth it.
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/30/2018 6:07 PM

I'd say its worth it. Gnarly.

|

4/30/2018 7:53 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Photo
3am wallride to body slam. Left some arm meat at the spot. Photo
My whole body is sore but i ended up landing it third try so i guess it was worth it.

Thats a good one! Thanks for posting the pics too!

|

5/2/2018 10:27 PM

Got some meatpaw today… that’s a stone lodged in my palm in the 2nd photo. tried to 3 a gap I 3ed like 6 years ago… didn’t end so well haha

Photo Photo

|

5/12/2018 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2018 2:59 PM

Photo got snaked and slid out bad
This is why people should start paying attention where they're going
|

BOTTOM TEXT

5/12/2018 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2018 4:25 PM

Photo Turns out I probably broke my elbow too. I went home and it was swollen up big time so now I'm in the hospital waiting to get an x-ray #standwithGCBMX69
|

BOTTOM TEXT

5/12/2018 4:54 PM

GCBMX69 wrote: Photo Turns out I probably broke my elbow too. I went home and it was swollen up big time so now I'm in the hospital waiting to get an x-ray #standwithGCBMX69

Well damn...that escalated quickly.

|

5/12/2018 5:35 PM

GCBMX69 wrote: Photo Turns out I probably broke my elbow too. I went home and it was swollen up big time so now I'm in the hospital waiting to get an x-ray #standwithGCBMX69

damn that sucks,,, i really hope its not broken because that blows

|

Hmmm

5/13/2018 1:31 AM

Edman123 wrote:

damn that sucks,,, i really hope its not broken because that blows

Didn't break it, I just really fucked it up luckily lol.

|

BOTTOM TEXT

5/15/2018 11:27 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Figured injuries go hand in hand with this kind of action sport so why not dedicate a thread to updating everyone here on injuries and improvements!

How are you doing?

Photos are welcome! Makes injuries more real for riders that have been lucky not to get hurt yet.

I crashed through my heels last week super hard. I was doing a hop manual to fat bunny out but I lost control and bailed. Turns out I hurt my peroneal tendons, which run down the side of your foot under and in front of the ball of your ankle. It hurts like shit. I'm limping like crazy.

Word to the wise: don't be like me. I was wearing a pair of zero drop running shoes when I crashed. Absolutely no heel cushioning. They're great if you don't want to roll your ankle, but I think I need some vans pros from now on

This shit sucks.

|