Injury of the day...

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2018 12:12 PM

4130Junkie wrote:

My ACL is not attached at the femur anymore and medial meniscus has complex tearing. They tell me without surgery I'd only be able to walk straight, no pivoting. Want me to regain full mobility before he could graft it together. Second opinion?

A good friend has gone thru an injury similar to this in both knees (from a different sport) but he had to have surgery both times.

Did you talk to a GP or a sports med doctor? I have found a sports med guy is a lot better for this sort of stuff.

|

6/13/2018 10:02 PM

My MRI got approved by my work insurance! Just got to wait for the papers and schedule a meeting! Things are moving!

|

6/14/2018 11:51 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

A good friend has gone thru an injury similar to this in both knees (from a different sport) but he had to have surgery both times.

Did you talk to a GP or a sports med doctor? I have found a sports med guy is a lot better for this sort of stuff.

Thanks man, that's who I'll have double check my MRI, need an unbiased opinion to convince me.

|

6/15/2018 3:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2018 3:30 AM

Tried a simple 180 out of a small bank yesterday and rolled my ankle in the worst way. Felt fine for a couple of hours afterwards, rode some street so it's not broken I don't think, but the pain kicked in later on, the clutch on my car triggered it driving home. Just had the worst night's sleep ever, hot sweats, none stop burning pain, it's possibly the worst I've experienced. What's worse is I work in a warehouse so my work is manual labour, guess I'm not buying any shiny new parts this month.

I swear broken bones have nothing on this sprain. No idea if I've trapped a nerve or something but the pain is blinding. Very drugged up right now grin

Moral of the story: Simple tricks still mess you up so may as well just huck it for the scary ones!

|

6/24/2018 12:47 PM

Messed up my damn right foot again...

On a damn 4 stair, it was a really long one but I was so confident I didnt really brace my legs and feet properly on the landing.

Foot folded towards my shin. I kept riding and got 3 tricks ive been trying to do for a while so thats cool but Im still mad at myself for being complacent.

Anyway. Still dont have my damn mri for my left knee problems. Hopefully soon!

|

6/27/2018 6:39 PM

I twisted my right ankle on a 6ft halfpipe
">[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/27/2018 6:41 PM

thetor88 wrote:

I twisted my right ankle on a 6ft halfpipe
">[LINK TO IMAGE]

No good...hate ankle injuries. Sorry to hear.

|

6/27/2018 9:35 PM

Cut my thumb like a dumbass trimming my grips! I don’t get why I don’t get hurt much riding anymore but working on my bike ??

|

6/28/2018 6:15 AM

Got snaked yesterday and jackknifed trying to dodge him. Landed one arm out and dislocated my shoulder and may have fractured my wrist.

|

An Indian on a small bike

6/29/2018 11:21 AM

Second opinion last week confirmed I need surgery on my ACL, got clearance yesterday from the initial sports medicine orthopedic surgeon that my range of motion is good enough and he's going to fix me up next week. Holy crap dude, this sucks. I mentioned that I might try the Mat Hoffman method... https://m.vitalbmx.com/videos/member/Mat-Hoffman-and-the-Lars-Ligament,58140/Karl-Poynter,55711

|

6/30/2018 3:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2018 9:49 AM

Embarrassing, but I looped out practicing manuals. Felt the bike go, but my old fogey brain didn't kick in and so I didn't jump off of the pedals. Landed on my back with quite a crunch. Knocked the wind out of myself and at first I thought I'd cracked my ribs again. Thankfully not the case, just a bit bruised. A little stiff and sore at the moment so am taking it easy. I don't heal as quickly as when I was younger! :p

|

Grow old, live young...

7/1/2018 11:54 PM

First time I sacked myself on a rail.
Photo

|

7/2/2018 11:16 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

First time I sacked myself on a rail.
Photo

...never will i do a rail that tall. For that reason. Lol

|

7/12/2018 12:16 PM

I tore my anus TWICE doing handrails. Miss the back peg on a legit rail and you might be in for a bad time.

Just wanted to update y'all with my back injury issue. Scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Paying cash because I don't have insurance. If you see a rash of bank robberies on the news, don't worry, it's just me...

Should be back to full health in a few weeks.

|

7/12/2018 12:53 PM

pnj wrote:

I tore my anus TWICE doing handrails. Miss the back peg on a legit rail and you might be in for a bad time.

Just wanted to update y'all with my back injury issue. Scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Paying cash because I don't have insurance. If you see a rash of bank robberies on the news, don't worry, it's just me...

Should be back to full health in a few weeks.

That's dope I just started doing rails.

|

7/12/2018 1:45 PM

I halfcabbed my ass right into a pole yesterday, bruised the fuck out of my elbow and scraped the shit out of the back of my left leg with my pedal... I felt like a total dumbass... but hey, who cares right?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/20/2018 3:25 AM

@ Pump track this morning, only on second lap, looped out, road rash & a sprained wrist.

Photo
Photo

|

Ride everything

7/20/2018 4:31 AM

Jibby wrote:

@ Pump track this morning, only on second lap, looped out, road rash & a sprained wrist.

Photo
Photo

Oooooooooh

|

Hmmm

8/22/2018 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2018 11:36 AM

I just figured Id update a few things. I have been doing stretches every day for my leg pain, and while it hasnt gone away, it is much more tolerable...All my life I have never believed in stretching and now I am able to touch my toes for the first time ever.

Wrists still hurt a lot everyday as well, thinking I might have the first stages of carpal tunnel...

|

8/22/2018 2:07 PM

broke my toe the other day learning tailwhips on a bank

Photo

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

8/22/2018 3:02 PM

I got a cramp in my good leg right now. It's not from riding though.

|

Hmmm

8/22/2018 5:10 PM

Practicing some peg tricks today and I rolled Photo
my ankle. Heard some cracking and have some swelling. here I am!

|

8/22/2018 6:37 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Practicing some peg tricks today and I rolled Photo
my ankle. Heard some cracking and have some swelling. here I am!

Might have snapped a ligament...i feel you if thats the case. Still hurts every day

|

8/22/2018 6:51 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Sexy time?

|

8/22/2018 6:55 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sexy time?

Legit made me laughlaughinglaughing

|

8/23/2018 12:52 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sexy time?

+ lack of potassium.
Need some potatoes

|

Hmmm

8/23/2018 1:28 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sexy time?

I hate when that happens :D

Collarbone/shoulder area still hurting, no bruising or swelling but the pain is definitely not in the muscles, at least the ones near the surface. It's weird, I've had similar shit before but always had an obvious reason like taking a slam on the shoulder etc. This time it came pretty much out of nowhere. Biggest bummer is that riding clearly aggravates it so I might need to limit it for a while.

|

8/23/2018 5:53 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sexy time?

Edman123 wrote:

+ lack of potassium.
Need some potatoes

Potatossium

|

8/23/2018 5:57 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Potatossium

This guy knows what's upcool

|