Injury of the day...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 12:32 PM

Figured injuries go hand in hand with this kind of action sport so why not dedicate a thread to updating everyone here on injuries and improvements!

How are you doing?

Photos are welcome! Makes injuries more real for riders that have been lucky not to get hurt yet.

|

4/19/2018 12:42 PM

ill post in here later but i really cant be bothered right now, probably twice an hour someone i know asks what happened so its wearing me down a bit.

|

Hmmm

4/19/2018 12:53 PM

Edman123 wrote:

ill post in here later but i really cant be bothered right now, probably twice an hour someone i know asks what happened so its wearing me down a bit.

Well now you can post it here and send them the link to this topic! Lol

|

4/19/2018 1:05 PM

I...have hacked my back injury.

I've realized if I don't keep my quads, hamstrings, and glute muscles strong as hell, my back goes out. So...not an injury per se, but I can feel comfortable knowing I've reserved a spot in this thread.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/19/2018 1:12 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I...have hacked my back injury.

I've realized if I don't keep my quads, hamstrings, and glute muscles strong as hell, my back goes out. So...not an injury per se, but I can feel comfortable knowing I've reserved a spot in this thread.

Unfortunately its not if but WHEN you get hurt riding...So reservation appropriately made Energist! Lol

|

4/19/2018 1:23 PM

I have my back too, but it’s been under control lately. I’ve been stretching my hamstrings and lower back a lot more than usual and it keeps it at bay and hopefully will continue to do so.

Currently my right ring finger is still hurting from jamming it on an ice barspin 2 weeks back. feels fine to ride with but haven’t done a bar since because of that.

hand injury from mid February seems to finally be healing up to 100% but my palm hurts still if I land hard front heavy

|

4/19/2018 1:24 PM

My legs and hips hurt today. Mostly from exercising and then riding. Running is dumb.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/19/2018 1:27 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

My legs and hips hurt today. Mostly from exercising and then riding. Running is dumb.

I only run in two situations:

1. Towards food.
2. From danger.

|

4/19/2018 1:47 PM

Pinched a nerve in my back but that's just my getting-back-into-regular-riding technique coming in. Getting quickly better with stretches but I gotta watch it. Ankle finally stopped hurting which was being a bitch for the past 2 weeks. Knee kills from riding Hadley yesterday. Otherwise im glad to be back at challenging myself with new tricks.

|

4/19/2018 1:48 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

1. Towards food.
2. From danger.

You couldn't pay me to run.

|

4/19/2018 1:55 PM

There's been constant pain in-between my forearm bones right above my wrist. I've taken a break from riding in hopes to make it feel better but it still feels just as bad. No idea what it's from or what's causing it.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

4/19/2018 2:00 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I have my back too, but it’s been under control lately. I’ve been stretching my hamstrings and lower back a lot more than usual and it keeps it at bay and hopefully will continue to do so.

Currently my right ring finger is still hurting from jamming it on an ice barspin 2 weeks back. feels fine to ride with but haven’t done a bar since because of that.

hand injury from mid February seems to finally be healing up to 100% but my palm hurts still if I land hard front heavy

I feel you on the hand/wrist front. Besides my knee and foot they are causing me the most pain...

My right shoulder feels fucked in some positions but is mostly fine while riding.

|

4/19/2018 2:01 PM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

There's been constant pain in-between my forearm bones right above my wrist. I've taken a break from riding in hopes to make it feel better but it still feels just as bad. No idea what it's from or what's causing it.

Same!!! If you figure it out post it here! Im still trying to figure mine out. Does it hurt when you squeeze the middle of your arm?

|

4/19/2018 2:03 PM

Slammed my knee really hard yesterday and now half of it is pretty swollen and painful.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/19/2018 2:08 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Pinched a nerve in my back but that's just my getting-back-into-regular-riding technique coming in. Getting quickly better with stretches but I gotta watch it. Ankle finally stopped hurting which was being a bitch for the past 2 weeks. Knee kills from riding Hadley yesterday. Otherwise im glad to be back at challenging myself with new tricks.

Just bought this because of my back issues. Stretching is really helping, but I think this might be worth looking into.

https://www.amazon.com/HealthmateForever-Electronic-Arthritis-Inflammation-No-USD723178S/dp/B00O7CM12W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1524172033&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=tens+unit&psc=1

|

4/19/2018 2:13 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

1. Towards food.
2. From danger.

Lol same!

But seriously, I'm going to start doing more running and workouts, just more insurance training for when I go into the Military, so then in boot camp I can be prepared...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/19/2018 2:16 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol same!

But seriously, I'm going to start doing more running and workouts, just more insurance training for when I go into the Military, so then in boot camp I can be prepared...

Read up on SEAL training. If that doesn't motivate you to go out and try to bench press Buicks, I don't know what will. But really reading about what they go through motivated me to stay on my workouts constantly.

|

4/19/2018 3:18 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Running is dumb

Sigged!!!!
|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/19/2018 5:46 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Same!!! If you figure it out post it here! Im still trying to figure mine out. Does it hurt when you squeeze the middle of your arm?

When I grip my good arm with my bad arm, it doesn't exactly hurt but I can feel something, it's uncomfortable. When I grip my bad arm with my good arm, it doesn't hurt. If I keep my bad arm in a postition for a while (going thru vital on my phone for a bit) right after I put my phone down, my hand becomes very stiff and I have to stretch it for a second to feel normal again.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

4/19/2018 6:53 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

1. Towards food.
2. From danger.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol same!

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Read up on SEAL training. If that doesn't motivate you to go out and try to bench press Buicks, I don't know what will. But really reading about what they go through motivated me to stay on my workouts constantly.

Yeah dude I'll for sure read up on some shit like that dude... when I go to boot camp I just want to be a lean and strong motherfucker! I want my drill sergeants to look at me and be amazed, plus, I'd rather go through the pain and suffering form working out more consistently now, and build that muscle and endurance, than build the endurance in boot camp... I want to be 100% ready for boot camp when I go in... and I want to train so much now, that when I go through boot camp, the physical work, the running, and the pushups are easy for me and not have to struggle lol

Damn I can't wait till I'm 18!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/19/2018 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2018 11:01 PM

Guess I jinxed myself...slammed real hard today trying to get some clips for the edit. Hip and elbow feel like shit. Hip feels like my bone is on fire when I move it. Might have fractured or broken something. Quite a lot of pain.

Ill post the link to the video when its live.

|

4/19/2018 9:52 PM

Old injuries are really fucking with me every year around this time because I've been off the bike all winter and am starting to ride more frequently as it warms up. Once my core strength is back on point I'll be good for the season unless I separate my shoulder again or something but barring any more injuries it'll get better and better. Damn sure don't heal as quickly as I used to.. Getting old is lame

|

@coupd_tat

4/20/2018 12:37 AM

Link to the Slam...

|

4/20/2018 12:53 AM

My bad knee (or worse, as they're both a bit knackered) has been playing up a bit. Absolutely fine whilst riding, but swells up and gets stiff for a couple of days after. Other than that it's just muscular due to not riding much.

I should start stretching and stuff really. But that usually just makes my bad joints ache more.

|

4/20/2018 5:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 5:10 AM

Just some boo boo's on my knees from falling on rails. Nothing picture worthy, plus the Mongoose has been down for a week. She'll up and running today or tomorrow with some new goodies. smile

|

4/20/2018 5:13 AM

on Tuesday i sheared off my tibial plateau and disconnected my cruciate ligament at both ends, i have surgery coming up next Thursday.

|

Hmmm

4/20/2018 5:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

My bad knee (or worse, as they're both a bit knackered) has been playing up a bit. Absolutely fine whilst riding, but swells up and gets stiff for a couple of days after. Other than that it's just muscular due to not riding much.

I should start stretching and stuff really. But that usually just makes my bad joints ache more.

Gotta break up the scar tissue and then it will feel better.

Running is lame but I am in better shape than I have been in years-so I am going to tolerate it for now.

I started my bike commute to work today-my goal is only driving when I have to (crap weather, errands to run etc).

Today was my commuter/mtb. Next week I will be rocking the BMX once or twice to session some pretty awesome BRAND NEW ledges.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2018 6:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 6:45 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah dude I'll for sure read up on some shit like that dude... when I go to boot camp I just want to be a lean and strong motherfucker! I want my drill sergeants to look at me and be amazed, plus, I'd rather go through the pain and suffering form working out more consistently now, and build that muscle and endurance, than build the endurance in boot camp... I want to be 100% ready for boot camp when I go in... and I want to train so much now, that when I go through boot camp, the physical work, the running, and the pushups are easy for me and not have to struggle lol

Damn I can't wait till I'm 18!

I know many people who have went to the military, and I just want to let you know:
There is no way you can impress the drill sergeants, just do your best to stay out of his way, those guys are T-1000s.

Also, what you going to the military for? No BMX in there man...

Edit: also, you have to work out until you're tired, they'll make you work more if you seem too enthusiastic.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/20/2018 7:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 7:03 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

I know many people who have went to the military, and I just want to let you know:
There is no way you can impress the drill sergeants, just do your best to stay out of his way, those guys are T-1000s.

Also, what you going to the military for? No BMX in there man...

Edit: also, you have to work out until you're tired, they'll make you work more if you seem too enthusiastic.

Yeah I was gonna say, I don't wanna be a "listen here young man" kind of person, but my father was a drill sergeant for 12 years and uhh...

That man was impossible to impress. Ever. In the 20 years he and I were alive, he told me he was proud of me once.

Once!

I think if there's one thing you should go into boot camp thinking it's "I'm not special"

(you're special to us, though)

|

4/20/2018 8:52 AM

Not a BMX related injury but one that stops me riding the way I would like too. Osteoarthritis in my lower back.

Things that help.
-Swimming
-Stretching
-Yoga of any form.
-Core strengthing exercisers. (There's many videos of them on YouTube which are helpful)
-working on posture while sitting, standing and walking.
-sleeping flat on your back with no pillow and a firm mattress.
-mixing turmeric with warm water, lemon juice and honey. (Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and can be added to most meals). Black pepper taken with it can help your body absorb it more efficiently.
Oily fish like salmon or cod liver oil supplements.

Some of these things take patience and time, but if you stick with it you'll start to feel a lot better. As I am now feeing after following all these things. I am able to if I'm sensible, pump around a BMX track and ride a skatepark for a couple hours with not too many problems.

Warming up and then stretching after is a must and keeps me relatively pain free.

Sorry for the long, possibly boring post. I just thought it might be helpful to someone who may be suffering with a bad back.

|