Inquiry

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2017 6:48 PM

I bought a bike for my son and am curious about it. Anybody know about this bike? Is it a good starter bike?Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/24/2017 6:50 PM

Photo

|

9/24/2017 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2017 8:35 PM

It's an old Mongoose. Can't really tell how old from the pics but I'd guess late 80's early 90's. How old is your son? How tall? What sort of riding are you thinking he'll be doing?

|

9/24/2017 7:16 PM

To be honest, I bought it as a first bike for him to learn on but it's kind of heavy. He is only 8 years old. I found him a lighter Gary Fisher bike and might sell the bmx bike or save it until her is a little older. I'm not sure what to do.

|

9/24/2017 7:44 PM

nikixoxoxo@gmail.com wrote:

To be honest, I bought it as a first bike for him to learn on but it's kind of heavy. He is only 8 years old. I found him a ...more

That is a really old bike. If he wants to learn tricks or least start to learn then get a good bike built for tricks

|

9/24/2017 8:03 PM

To be honest, I bought it as a first bike for him to learn on but it's kind of heavy. He is only 8 years old. I found him a ...more

Joe Breslin wrote:

That is a really old bike. If he wants to learn tricks or least start to learn then get a good bike built for tricks

That is a bike built for tricks. It was just made close to 30 years ago. Your kid would probably have MUCH more fun on a modern bike than on that though.

|

9/24/2017 8:37 PM

What was said here is all true. To be honest, you might be able to sell it to a collector. & at 8 years old, an 18" wheel bike would probably be better.

|

9/24/2017 8:43 PM

How would I know how much to sell it to a collector for? Thanks for your help

|

9/25/2017 12:42 AM

My sons just about to turn 9 and he's got an 18" wheeled bmx, he'll probably be on it for another couple of years.

There's plenty of old school bmx groups on Facebook, join up to a couple of them and ask what a fair price is, and if anyone wants to buy it. It's not worth silly money, but you might make a few quid, depending how much you bought it for. But even collectors like a bargain

|

9/25/2017 5:17 AM

How would I know how much to sell it to a collector for? Thanks for your help

BMXmuseum.com is a good place to see what is out there & possibly give you an idea of what it may be worth. But like Steve said, yeah, collectors like a bargain & many times, they are worse to deal with than someone who wants to "buy their old bike", etc..;

|

9/25/2017 10:41 AM

CULT Juvenile line of bikes.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/25/2017 7:42 PM

Dammit. If I had not just taken a pay cut at work, I would make an offer on that. i love old Mongooses!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence