Installed new sprocket why is is wobbling (video)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2020 6:13 AM

I just changed my friends sprocket it's one of those without a sprocket bolt just a whole for the pedal nut to hook into.

I haven't tightened up the crank bolts tight yet (could just be this) but I'm concerned at why the sprocket is all wobbling and slacking

Here's a video, thanks

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

8/6/2020 6:16 AM

Mad Mars wrote:

I just changed my friends sprocket it's one of those without a sprocket bolt just a whole for the pedal nut to hook into.

I ...more

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

8/6/2020 6:57 AM

You need the correct "top hat" spacer for that sprocket. So you need to know the spindle size (likely 19mm) and the hole size on the sprocket itself (usually 15/16ths)

Your friend MIGHT have one in the old sprocket. Otherwise hit up a local shop with the sprocket and the crank spindle and tell them you need the correct spacer for it. They should be able to sort you out. Otherwise your buddy needs to order one up if you cannot source one locally.

https://www.albes.com/products/sprocket-spacer-to-fit-most-cranks-sprockets?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImOmQwN2G6wIVoQiICR2ujQD_EAQYASABEgJpvfD_BwE&sku=SKU-50FB5B9B

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura