Integrated headset bearings falling apart??!?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2017 8:28 PM

A while ago I had noticed that the lower bearings seal (the little orange or red thing) had fallen off the bearing and was resting on my fork, right below the frame. I decided to take the gyro off the bike (my spare bike) and I figured I might as well put the seal back on the bearing. But low and behold, when I took the fork off, not only had the lower bearing fallen apart, but the top one had too! Has anyone else had problems like this?

Photo
Photo
I put it back together and it works alright, but I'm going to order some replacement ones soon.

|

1/25/2017 8:52 PM

Yeah, happens. Never had it on my bike, though. My scoot, however, this happened to the top and bottom, felt funny, but I never checked it for a few weeks. Finally took it apart to do my monthly clean, and bam, haha. Definitely should get the new ones.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/26/2017 1:14 AM

Just grab a new headset kit

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/26/2017 8:09 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Just grab a new headset kit

my friend might have some spare ones, if not I'll order the $5 ones off of danscomp

|

1/26/2017 10:01 AM

I always just pop em back together. Hit it with a mallet till it works again.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

1/26/2017 10:58 AM

I ran headset bearings like that for like 5 years without issue. Just make sure dirt and grit isn't in there.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2017 11:30 AM

Maybe you should have bought signature headset bearings and it wouldn't have happened lol

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/26/2017 4:15 PM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

Maybe you should have bought signature headset bearings and it wouldn't have happened lol

Probably, haha. The only signature part more pointless then a headset is signature stem bolts.

|

1/27/2017 11:17 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Probably, haha. The only signature part more pointless then a headset is signature stem bolts.

That can't really be a thing lmao

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/28/2017 9:13 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

That can't really be a thing lmao

Thankfully, it's not.

|