Interanally laced wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2012 5:51 PM

I'm pretty sure someone explained this but whatever. Has anybody have ever done this? I getting kind of sick of my Raptor and I looking in to a new custom wheel.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

You can't really see it but please is this reliable? Any tutorials?

|

1/1/2012 6:03 PM

heads in, like this? picture doesn't enlarge
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/1/2012 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2012 6:06 PM

he may be thingking of tree hubs aswell, or like the primo n4fl

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

1/1/2012 6:07 PM

Just like that @ sundaybmxRR How is it holding? I'm really looking in on this idea.

|

1/1/2012 6:13 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Just like that @ sundaybmxRR How is it holding? I'm really looking in on this idea.

I've had my front laced like this for about 3 years now, new hub/rims throughout though but all the spokes are 3 years old cause i never break any due to it being laced like this

it's a bit confusing to lace, just when you get to the spokes that are normally facing out, you put them in the opposite way and have to bend them quite a bit to get above the first 2 crosses, then below the 3rd

i was gonna make a how-to on how to lace like this but i was too lazy, guess i should've haha

|

1/1/2012 7:15 PM

Please do! sad

|

1/1/2012 7:18 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Please do! sad

if i can find some spokes for this hub & rim i have in my room ill make it with that, ill check my garage tomorrow

|

1/1/2012 8:15 PM

i have it on the drive side of my ratchet like that. premiums been doing it with their front wheels for years

|

1/1/2012 8:52 PM

that is different never seen that

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

1/1/2012 11:42 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

i have it on the drive side of my ratchet like that. premiums been doing it with their front wheels for years

Yeah that's where I got the idea on the Premium wheel.

Here's my friends wheel

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/2/2012 2:27 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Please do! sad

i tried to do it as best i could in a short amount of time, hope this somewhat helps explain how to do it

|

1/2/2012 2:55 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Please do! sad

sundaybmxRR wrote:

i tried to do it as best i could in a short amount of time, hope this somewhat helps explain how to do it

not sure but isnt the first 8 or 9 spokes start on the left of the valve hole then go over the valve hole and skip 3 holes and put in the 4th all the way around...?not sure if it works for this wheel lacing.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

1/2/2012 3:00 PM

HAROF2 wrote:

not sure but isnt the first 8 or 9 spokes start on the left of the valve hole then go over the valve hole and skip 3 holes and put in the 4th all the way around...?not sure if it works for this wheel lacing.

the way i learned is you always start at the valve, if you're doing the nondrive side, take the first spoke to the nipple hole directly next to the valve on the left side, then as for the next spoke, i guess it doesn't matter which way you go but as long as you go to the 2nd hole on the left (not counting the spoke you already did) and follow in that order, it should be good. i just like starting & ending at the valve

|