Interbike 2016

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2016 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2016 9:01 AM

Interbike is making me suicidal. There's absolutely nothing new. All the "new" shit is just the same shit in a different color, or someone bringing back something old to try to appeal to older riders.

I used to be stoked seeing Interbike posts because it was all new, cool shit, at least from most companies. Now it just makes me depressed because no one is doing anything.

Discuss.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/23/2016 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2016 9:28 AM

The market is over saturated with catailogue Taiwan part made company's , to invest in new technology companies need to spend money to do that

When theirs too many companies the profit gets split into more pieces of the pie less money for companies, this happens in cycles , give it a year or 2 and youl start seeing companies go under , the solid well established companies will survive and continue on , while every little guy who wanted his own company and just put his brand name on cookie cutter tiawan parts will go bankrupt

|

9/23/2016 9:24 AM

the "new" bikes look pretty sweet, one thing that made me laugh was Shadows copy of the Eclat AK sprocket/guard.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/23/2016 9:55 AM

Haro won interbike

|

It’s all bmx

9/23/2016 10:21 AM

BMX doesn't need anything new. Maybe pegs that roll or something. or seats with little rollers in them.

Instead of crying over nothing new being created, go ride your bike.

Haro couldn't come up with anything new so they went back to what they did 35 years ago.

Bikes are the best they have ever been. Nothing new needs to be created.

Just ride.

|

9/23/2016 10:43 AM

I'm just stoked that my homie, Andy, from Grindworks is there.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/23/2016 11:05 AM

pnj wrote:

BMX doesn't need anything new. Maybe pegs that roll or something. or seats with little rollers in them.

Instead of crying ...more

w00t w00t w00t
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/23/2016 11:30 AM

pnj wrote:

Instead of crying ...more

This isn't a site for riding, this is a site for crying.

Srsly tho, bikes are far from perfect. Sure, we're pretty much down to a lot of the small stuff, but saying there's nothing left to do is very limiting. There's always room for improvement. Hopefully you didn't take my post too seriously. It just sucks to see fucking nothing new.

Hopefully eskimojay is right and we start seeing improvements in a couple years if the catalog companies start dying out.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/23/2016 11:46 AM

I was really hoping to see Eclat producing these new internals for the Blind hub that were posted on The Merge from the last Interbike. Shane is still supposedly going strong on his hub but when it comes to everyone else, there is no new development. Id like to know more on this new Shadow coaster as they are saying it has all new internals..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/23/2016 11:50 AM

Not too much left to be done to BMX parts without being more expensive than they already are. Not enough money in the industry to justify $500 frames, $200 forks, $100 stems, etc.

We've already got a giant variety of specs on parts that are the strongest they've ever been, there's really not much more to do other than change the way things look in order to offer more variety.

Also, if they made parts any stronger, they'd be damn near indestructible. If people aren't breaking things, they aren't buying things.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/23/2016 12:41 PM

It's been said but here's my 2p's worth. It's all been done. Nothing can get lighter without it being weaker, headsets and bb's have no need to change any time soon, things have been made stronger in innovative ways etc etc. Unless you want to see a fat bike or something (judging from the width of tyres now I'm sure they'll be popular soon in bmx, I know it's already been done), or 15" rise bars, there's not really anywhere for bmx to progress right now.

You can literally build a bike with every single component with the exact specs you want, and make it weigh to your preference etc. That in itself is light years ahead of what was around 10 years ago. Everyone worries about every mm of the geometry of their frame, and bar height etc. Even every colour under the sun is already available.

What did you expect to see?

|

9/23/2016 1:03 PM

I agree that pretty much everything has been done already, for bmx of course.. i doubt theyll make some kind of centrifugal clutch hub that passes gears that are inside the hub the faster you pedal because who needs new stuff, bmx is already perfect

|

9/23/2016 10:57 PM

Tons of cool stuff but I agree with a lot said here too .

Also main reason I commented , Tim is hilarious welcome to Canada ! 600$ for my frame , forks were 215 shipped and my bars are 125$ new !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/24/2016 12:59 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

the "new" bikes look pretty sweet, one thing that made me laugh was Shadows copy of the Eclat AK sprocket/guard.

i didnt see this?

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

9/24/2016 1:25 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Totally bizarre... Did they think no one would notice???? LOL

|

9/24/2016 2:06 AM

I've got it! I've fucking got it guys!! ELECTRIC BMX bike!tongue

|

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, is there a chance it will kill a squirrel?

9/24/2016 1:10 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Haro won interbike

YES

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/24/2016 6:24 PM

Eastern braught back the titanium reaper , crazy

|

9/25/2016 12:27 PM

nothing from odyssey/sunday yet?

|

9/25/2016 1:13 PM

funfrontbrake wrote:

They didn't have a booth / any product this year. Neither did Kink (Blackout) or Volume / Demolition. It was definitely a bit smaller this year.

|

9/26/2016 7:06 AM

funfrontbrake wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

They didn't have a booth / any product this year. Neither did Kink (Blackout) or Volume / Demolition. It was definitely a bit ...more

What about animal? I know they have new stuff coming out but i didn't see anything about them from interbike.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/26/2016 7:08 AM

Interbike is boring.

|

Land it or go home

9/26/2016 7:19 AM

you didn't check out Shadows products line video or photos?
The sprocket shows up in there, they had it zip-tied to a rack along with their bars and stems.

"Totally bizarre... Did they think no one would notice???? LOL"

I know right? I wonder who else is going to steal Eclat's ideas.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/26/2016 9:35 AM

NEED!!!!!Photo

|

It’s all bmx

9/26/2016 11:57 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

NEED!!!!!Photo

Hahaha. Apparently this was a joke for the show and isn't actually being made.

|

9/26/2016 11:58 AM

funfrontbrake wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

They didn't have a booth / any product this year. Neither did Kink (Blackout) or Volume / Demolition. It was definitely a bit ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

What about animal? I know they have new stuff coming out but i didn't see anything about them from interbike.

Photo

This isn't a very good photo of it (obviously), but this small section at the bottom is all Animal had at the show.
|

9/26/2016 12:19 PM

GT 4 PIECE BARS is all i care about in 9.125 rise lol that .125 over animal foursome bars

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

9/26/2016 12:29 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

NEED!!!!!Photo

kylecarlson wrote:

it started as a joke yes....but if the pre-orders are filled they will actually be made

|

It’s all bmx

9/26/2016 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2016 1:10 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

GT 4 PIECE BARS is all i care about in 9.125 rise lol that .125 over animal foursome bars

Another eighth of an inch helps, amirite?! Hahalolblahblahetc... wink tongue silly

Srsly, 4-piece bars that big- must be heavy, yeah?
[educated meself a bit- I see there's already plenty of 9-10 in 4-pc around, some pushing 3 lbs. seems like a lot to me, but maybe if you're real big & tall...]

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/27/2016 8:43 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

NEED!!!!!Photo

kylecarlson wrote:

it started as a joke yes....but if the pre-orders are filled they will actually be made

|

It’s all bmx