Interesting BB concept

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2013 2:16 PM

just spotted this on The Merged

[LINK TO IMAGE]

seems interesting, but I wonder how well it would work for tricks such as crankflips? when you take your feet off, it's supposed to not move around, and instead keep your cranks right where they were when you took off when doing a trick such as a tailwhip.

I'm not buying it, I just saw it and thought it'd be good discussion material. seems like a good idea for someone who does tailwhips, no footed cans, and other tricks like that a lot.

what are your thoughts?

|

12/9/2013 2:30 PM

I don't like it. Keep it simple stupid.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/9/2013 2:39 PM

People have been doing the same things with flanges from grips for years, awesome for some terrible for others.

Ive tried it before and thought it was a little shit with alot of resistance, maybe this is less harsh, who knows.

|

12/9/2013 3:12 PM

or you could just tighten your bolts a shit bunch?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/9/2013 3:24 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

or you could just tighten your bolts a shit bunch?

if you have the internal BB spacer at the correct size, it wouldn't work that way. I could crank down on all my crank bolts insanely tight and still have them spin REALLY good

|

12/9/2013 3:25 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

People have been doing the same things with flanges from grips for years, awesome for some terrible for others.

Ive tried it before and thought it was a little shit with alot of resistance, maybe this is less harsh, who knows.

I've seen the flange thing, I think KHE made a BB similar to this as well too but never personally tried one so idk how it feels

|

12/9/2013 3:30 PM

thats awesome i hate it when my cranks spin

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/9/2013 3:34 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

thats awesome i hate it when my cranks spin

See now this would be perfect for you, just as someone said above, awesome for some, terrible for others.

|

12/9/2013 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2013 4:52 PM

You could also just run more chain tension to prevent the cranks from spinning. My bet is that this isn't gonna be around for awhile.

|

12/9/2013 3:58 PM

Kinda cool probably doesnt work as well as the bushing bb but you can just take the inserts out when you get tired of them and run it regular.

|

12/9/2013 4:02 PM

the khe one doesn't come in 22MM

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/9/2013 4:55 PM

just tighten your chain until it's tense as you can get , and also tighten your BB ? Much simplier and saves you money.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/9/2013 5:03 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

just tighten your chain until it's tense as you can get , and also tighten your BB ? Much simplier and saves you money.

Super tight chain is terrible for your sprocket, driver bearings & chain. Also, as I said above about the BB, if you have the internal spacer in there, tightening it won't make it have that much drag if your spacer is the correct size

|

12/9/2013 5:07 PM

I traded my frame and didn't get an internal BB once again so I can run them as tight as I like, but not too much or I'll blow out the bearings. But it took me over a year of hard riding to blow it out, even at max torque of the bolts.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/9/2013 9:54 PM

Very cool I like the innovation put behind it. I like it, it allows for a wider variety of riders.

|

12/9/2013 10:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2013 10:27 PM

i think black label has a bb kinda like this ill try and find it

here it is

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS