Introduce Yourself

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2018 9:59 AM

Hello everyone! I'm Jason. I'm hoping in not the only old guy on this site (34). I started BMX when I was super young and rode quite a bit at the local track. I took a bad fall in grade 8 (learning flips) which landed me in the emergency room. I quit riding BMX after that and picked up skateboarding for about 15 years. Now 34, married, have a kid and extremely out of shape I decided it was time to get back on the bike. Picked up a 2018 WTP Reason bike and am absolutely falling back in love with BMX. I definitely need a smaller bike as I'm finding a 20.75 frame a tad to big only being 5'2. The challenge of re-learning how to ride although frustrating at times, is extremely fun. My 2.5-year-old shows me up.

Be sides trying to re-learn how to ride a bike at 34, I do a lot of photography. Feel free to check me out on IG @jasongrover and say hi! It’s mainly portraits/glamour but I would really like to try and get into BMX photography.

|

6/18/2018 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2018 10:43 AM

jasongrover wrote:

Hello everyone! I'm Jason. I'm hoping in not the only old guy on this site (34). I started BMX when I was super young and rode quite a bit at the local track. I took a bad fall in grade 8 (learning flips) which landed me in the emergency room. I quit riding BMX after that and picked up skateboarding for about 15 years. Now 34, married, have a kid and extremely out of shape I decided it was time to get back on the bike. Picked up a 2018 WTP Reason bike and am absolutely falling back in love with BMX. I definitely need a smaller bike as I'm finding a 20.75 frame a tad to big only being 5'2. The challenge of re-learning how to ride although frustrating at times, is extremely fun. My 2.5-year-old shows me up.

Be sides trying to re-learn how to ride a bike at 34, I do a lot of photography. Feel free to check me out on IG @jasongrover and say hi! It’s mainly portraits/glamour but I would really like to try and get into BMX photography.

You're not the only old dude here. I'm 32 and just started riding as well. I've been riding for almost 2 months now. I see you're from Canada, and Canada is REALLY big, what part are you from? I'm from Buffalo, NY so I'm only an hour and half from Toronto.
Edit: Nevermind. I see from your IG that you're from Saskatchewan...Way off from me.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

6/18/2018 11:01 AM

jasongrover wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

You're not the only old dude here. I'm 32 and just started riding as well. I've been riding for almost 2 months now. I see you're from Canada, and Canada is REALLY big, what part are you from? I'm from Buffalo, NY so I'm only an hour and half from Toronto.
Edit: Nevermind. I see from your IG that you're from Saskatchewan...Way off from me.

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one! It's never to late to start and it's great seeing others starting in their 30's.
Ya, I'm from Saskatchewan so quite a ways from you. I do plan on taking another family trip to Niagara Falls sometime in the future though.

|

6/18/2018 11:17 AM

jasongrover wrote:

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one! It's never to late to start and it's great seeing others starting in their 30's.
Ya, I'm from Saskatchewan so quite a ways from you. I do plan on taking another family trip to Niagara Falls sometime in the future though.

Let me know if you do. There are a ton of parks in the NF area, both the CAN and USA sides. I'm only 20 mins from the falls. Happy riding!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

6/20/2018 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2018 10:03 AM

jasongrover wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

jasongrover wrote:

Wait till you get to 44 like me then you feel old!! I’m lucky though cos I’m the same size and weight as I was at 20 and only look about 30 (so I’m told!)

|

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

6/20/2018 11:50 AM

I’ve been lurking here for a little while now so I best introduce myself. I’m Gaz and live in Cumbria (uk), I’m 44 but certainly don’t act like it! I’ve just started getting back into riding for a 3rd time after about 15years away. Im currently riding a WTP Zodiac and am impressed with it, my bike before this 15 years ago was a Haro shredder, but the bike I still wish I had was my first, an apple green Haro freestyler with white tuff 2’s from the 80’s (god I loved that bike!). Anyways, that’s me.
ATB
Gaz

|

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

6/20/2018 11:31 PM

Hi, already introduced myself a while back. My son is 16, dual nationality Spanish-British, live near San Sebastian, he's totally into street. Any riders of a similar age in the UK out there who'd like to do an exchange in summer holidays? ie spend a week at each others houses, riding local spots. Please send a PM!

|

6/21/2018 7:44 AM

moefoemil wrote:

Wait till you get to 44 like me then you feel old!! I’m lucky though cos I’m the same size and weight as I was at 20 and only look about 30 (so I’m told!)

That's awesome! That's the situation I'm in. I'm 33 but look like I'm 20........minus the weighing the same weight. #dadbod I already noticed a huge improvement though since getting back on the bike. I feel better and am slowly shedding off some lbs.

|

6/22/2018 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2018 10:46 AM

Hi,

Real name is Joe and I'm from the UK. I'm 45, married with two daughters and I've just got back into BMX, albeit with the intention of actually being able to do more than just ride - and it's damn tough!

I didn't want to go crazy spending a fortune on my first BMX in years so picked up a Diamondback Ampt with a 20.75 TT and I recently bought S&M Hoder bars with a 9.5 rise. Much more comfortable.

Already had a few bumps and scrapes, (much to the terror of my wife!), and I'm trying to overcome the fear. That said it's a lot of fun zipping around my local area on my bike, even if I only manage the odd bunny hop here and there!

Cheers.

|

Grow old, live young...

6/23/2018 1:18 AM

Hello everybody. Ferdinando, almost 47, from Genova, Italy.
Bicycle passionate, but lacking perseverance, as a kid I never rode a BMX.
Some months ago, to enhance bike confidence of my almost-7 son, I took him to a pump track training course... and now I’ve bought my first BMX (50 euros, used) and my first handlebar (46 euros with shipping, 9.5” rise).

|

7/3/2018 12:31 AM

Long time listener, first time caller... Been lurking the site off & on again for a couple years. Recently picked up a 2018 Stolen Saint (24"...yeah, bash away) and enjoy riding in general. At 42, wanted something smooth and flickable for cruising the riverfront or neighborhoods, my freestyle days are behind me but I was always more a dirt jumper anyhow. Back around the same time Hoffman was riding for Skyway in MX gear I was trying to kill myself at the local dirt trails...slacked off for dirt bikes, pussy and other poor yet youthful endeavors. Picked up an older Dyno (compe) few years back and enjoyed it but it was stolen...

Anyhow, just getting back on two wheels and having fun is all I'm after anymore. I'll be sure to ask lots of questions about what to buy, then ignore all the experienced advice while necro-bumping 3-6 year old posts to everyone's delight...

|

7/6/2018 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2018 3:39 PM

Hey guys,
my name is Jan and im from Germany. Living near Hamburg/Itzehoe
I'm 23 years old,
6.1 feet and 158lbs
Bought my first Bmx 2 years ago on a German website similar to Craigslist.
Never really got into riding.
My bike is a 2012 KHE Root 360 with 19.1" TT, freecoaster (KHE Crismann), KHE x Affix tires at 40psi and brakeless. (Many people dislike KHE, but i cant complain! I like it.)
I can do a few basic tricks like Bunnyhop (about 3 feet high. I think thats not too bad for a beginner), 180's, and some other simple stuff.
I want to get into riding more often and learning new stuff. Sadly i have to ride alone because nobody in my hometown likes riding Bmx. That takes away all the motivation for me.

Have a great day!

|

7/8/2018 4:00 PM

I'm Torry I'm 5'7 134lbs at age 30
I did bmx from 2001-2004 or 2005 i did mostly vert riding. When I graduated high school in 2007 I started bull riding from 2007-2015 stopped because of injuries, just 1 month ago I just got back into bmx bought haro mirra pro tribute since I had haro mirra 540 air in the past. I have to relearn stuff since I took 14-15 break from bmx bike.

|

7/14/2018 4:16 PM

What’s up? My name is george. I am 34 years old. I live in central nj. Just getting back into bmx after a very long time off. Like 15 years. Looking for local guys to ride with so I can progress. Thanks

|

7/15/2018 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2018 6:01 PM

Hey Guys
I'm Bacho
I'm 1.76m 138Lbs 17 Years old
am from Georgia (Country xD)
Riding for 5 Month Alone

|

7/17/2018 12:20 AM

Hey guys! I’m Barry. 28 and only started riding a couple weeks ago. Based near Aberdeen in Scotland. Riding time is limited due to having a partner, a baby, 2 dogs and an overdemanding job haha!

|

7/21/2018 12:46 AM

What's up everyone, Rasmus here. I'm a 24yo dude from Finland who just got back into riding after a "small break" of about 6 years. Not really sure why I stopped riding back in the day, I guess it was the usual "nobody to ride with"-excuse since all my mates stopped riding around then.

So as one might guess, my current setup isn't the newest but still works like a dream. Atm I got a Verde Vex complete from 2010 or 2011 with some non-original parts I've upgraded along the way. I like to ride mostly street with some park every now and then, but around here you have to use all the spots you can find so I'm not too picky lol.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone. Peace.

|

7/22/2018 3:50 PM

Hi I’m Derek Torrez but call me Nagasaki-eyes
I’m 14 and just started bmx last week. For the major part of cycling I’ve done road biking and racing

|

8/2/2018 4:06 PM

Just made an account here some days ago, but I've been lurking for a while.

My name is Mikkel. I live in the outskirts of Copenhagen, Denmark.

I used to ride street in my early to mid teens, and for REASONS UNKNOWN, I decided to quit.
Now, pushing 30, I need to get in to BMX again. Just ordered a bike 3 days ago and can't wait to demolish the streets again!

Best regards,

Mikkel

|

8/6/2018 10:35 PM

Whats going on guys I'm new to posting, but I remember watching videos on the site while I was in computer class during high school because youtube was blocked.

I started riding from a young age, but stopped for 7 years and am now getting back into it. I recently bought a shitty DK bike on Craigslist but am looking for a better bike now that I am a few pounds heavier.

I have a ton of skate parks around me but I had none growing up so they're a brand new animal to me.

|

8/13/2018 4:51 AM

gday. My name is preston, im 15 from Australia.
Ive been riding bikes for nearly 3 years now and I still suck

|

8/15/2018 9:08 AM

Hi all...

I have loved riding bmx all of my life. I quit for awhile due to life... like wifey and kid kind of stuff. Going to the gym to me is boring so at 42 I am getting back on the bike. I have a 2011 Eddie Cleveland sig frame and want to get back into street and park and learn some new tricks.

|

8/15/2018 7:22 PM

Gman here, old dude ridin a model c(all hooked up), still bunny hoping and grindin...in my late 30's, love to ride. All day everyday.

|

8/17/2018 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 12:44 AM

whats up my name is armando. Im 30 years old from nyc and live in nyc been started riding flatland in 2008 i recently put together a street bike to ride some street

|

8/23/2018 4:38 PM

Old man riding bmx from 2001 blew out my knee 2010 just got back in it Currently riding: hyper bike spinner pro yeah I know yes to ride Mongoose villain my Trails bike and my MacNeil jester street bike

|

8/23/2018 4:42 PM

Old man riding bmx from 2001 blew out my knee 2010 just got back in it Currently riding: hyper bike spinner pro yeah I know use to ride Mongoose villain my Trails bike and my MacNeil jester street bike

|

8/30/2018 1:16 PM

Hi,

Name: Felix
Nationality: Sweden
Body type: Out of shape
Bmx level: Beginner
Bike: Sputnic
Helmet: Yes

Just bought my first Bmx a few days ago. Ready to learn the manual and keep progressing. Hope I´m not to old...
/FAAELMAN

|

8/31/2018 6:39 PM

Helllo everyone! Noob here.. Haven’t road a bmx for so long.. I’m 5”11 185lbs .. I’m lookn into getting one since my 8 year old finally learned how to ride without training wheels., so I’m planning to get him one also.

|

8/31/2018 6:39 PM

Helllo everyone! Noob here.. Haven’t road a bmx for so long.. I’m 5”11 185lbs .. I’m lookn into getting one since my 8 year old finally learned how to ride without training wheels., so I’m planning to get him one also. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.. thanks again!!!

|

8/31/2018 6:40 PM

|