Introduce Yourself

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 12:52 PM

Hello, i am amy. i started riding a few months ago. im not very good but i can hop tongue i ride a Sunday Blueprint thats about it!

|

9/5/2018 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 3:10 PM

Wussupitty. I’ve been gifted with the pretentious name of Welby Radhames Sexwlfus II. 25 years old. 6’2” 150lbs. Miami, Fl. Street af. Been at it since ‘03, but I took a 10 year hiatus while traveling and finding it much cheaper/easier to carry a skateboard. Back on a bike since a week ago. Idk how my stance changed, but I’m Left Foot Forward now???

-Waking up late
-Oreo O’s cereal
-Air Conditioning
-Parties

Dislikes:
-Socks
-Automatic transmissions
-Celery
-Haircuts
- Responsibilities

|

9/9/2018 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2018 9:03 AM

Allister

27 y/o

5'2" (FTM), 125 lbs

Only a few months in. I'm a dumb asshole and went too hard at the park yesterday, took a fall and slammed into my shoulder... "popped" a rib (bruised or hairline crack) despite wearing pads and helmet. One of those freak falls. In my defense, it was still a little dewy on the concrete at 8:30a. But still, learned a lesson: If it doesn't feel at least a little bit safe, just wait on it.

I'll be watching videos and perusing vital for the next few weeks.

~LGBTQ community holla back~

|

9/9/2018 10:27 AM

arotica4 wrote:

Allister

27 y/o

5'2" (FTM), 125 lbs

Only a few months in. I'm a dumb asshole and went too hard at the park yesterday, took a fall and slammed into my shoulder... "popped" a rib (bruised or hairline crack) despite wearing pads and helmet. One of those freak falls. In my defense, it was still a little dewy on the concrete at 8:30a. But still, learned a lesson: If it doesn't feel at least a little bit safe, just wait on it.

I'll be watching videos and perusing vital for the next few weeks.

~LGBTQ community holla back~

Welcome to the forum!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/17/2018 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2018 4:56 AM

Hello! My name is Ramiro, and my favourite animals are Fossas, hence my username! I play six-string electric bass guitar, 7-string electric guitar, keyboard, kalimba, lute, program MIDI and much more. I'm an avid music fan and composer (my favourite music genres are Math Rock, Prog Metal, and Jungle), I've recently gotten interest in BMX, in specific Flatland, so I joined this forum to learn and meet others who share the love for this sport/discipline! I'm also a PC gamer, video editor, bilingual, and love anthropomorphic animal characters in stuff. I hope to meet awesome people alike here!

|

Everyone has to start somewhere!

9/17/2018 7:05 AM

Hello all, I'm William (friends call me Squilliam) I recently started riding bmx after my girlfriend and I decided to bring back the early 2000's... so I went to a local shop and ordered a '19 DK Cygnus....nothing fancy just a cheap bike to get the feel for it again before I drop a lot of cash on good gear.

I'm a broke ass "kid" with tastes that are well out of my budget.
I like fast cars, expensive alcohol, Vintages camera lenses, and pizza.

I dislike hipsters (even though my girlfriend calls me one), my job, and rules.

|

9/17/2018 5:34 PM

Hi guys. Jokingly I say, I'm Going through a mild mid-life crisis and am using BMX to help get me through it. I've been riding for about a month now which means I've been out about 4 times total and each time I go out I get a touch more comfortable. I still have my 1997 GT Fueler and S&M Ditch Bars,and Peregrine 48's but rode a smaller FIT 20.5"tt from a friend and lt felt alot better so I bought it off of him for cheap. It's a 2012 FIT frame but I don't think it's all 4130.I Just dropped into a mini-ramp for the first time in 16 or more years and it near scared me to death but I can at least drop in now with confidence. Cleared a box jump this week and am having a really really hard time double-peg grinding coping on quarters or mini ramps. . . it used to be so easy. But anyway, enough is enough, thought I would join and surf Vitalbmx as I have the ability to do so at work between loading out trucks. Oh one more thing, just want to say every single bmx'er I've crossed paths with at the local skatepark has been cool as hell to me and very welcoming. I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit in being 36 years old. But the youngen's have been awesome to be around. Good vibes so far.
|

9/17/2018 10:53 PM

Hey, I'm only here to get a free wheel set after 5k posts.
I used to be on the site religiously.
I rode street and park but kept to the street section.
I'm SEANimal757 if anyone remembers.
I need more bikes at the moment.
I can answer questions.

|

9/22/2018 4:30 PM

Long time lurker here, finally decided to join even though I'm not online much.

Been riding BMX for over 12 years now, used to have a sweet set of local trails which got bulldozed years ago. All I really ride now is street and the local park - I'm all about just going high and fast now. Used to be a big trick dog, but injuries have plagued me for years now I just chill and enjoy the ride.

Looking forward to being apart of this forum!

|

Always movin'

9/25/2018 9:14 AM

Hey I’m Chris- I’m new to bmx but not new to bikes. I’ve been riding mountain bikes my whole life but recently picked up bmx and I really love it! I love working on and building bikes so I’ve found this forum super helpful and I’m excited to be a member- I live in New Jersey and I’m 20

|

9/25/2018 4:23 PM

Sup ppls.. New member but long time lurker haha.. I'm Joel.. 37 and aussie. I'm shit on a bmx but it's my life lol.

|

9/27/2018 9:24 AM

New old new rider her - call me Al.

42yrs old, 80kg/185lbs, 5ft 11.5inches.

Hooking my 7yr old up with a new BMX from the boys at Source in Hastings has given me the itch to ride again.

Had an old school Ammaco in the 80s, a mid-school mongoose in the 90s and then a 20yr hiatus.

Probably going to spend some recent source vouchers on a Fly Proton with 21inch top tube. Can't decide whether to go for the black RHD or the super sweet burnt orange LHD.

Started watching old Scotty Cranmer vids on YouTube - didn't know about his accident until I saw the video. Him and his boys and my kid are going to be my inspiration to learn to manual and hop on and off some stuff.

Oh, and I live in South London...

|

9/27/2018 12:19 PM

Hey, new member here..
Been riding mtb (dh and street) for quite some time before taking a 8 year break (or 10? Can't remember)..
Now I'm back and although I don't have a bmx yet I'm working my way towards one (while I still hurt myself on a mtb)

|

10/4/2018 9:28 AM

Hi I'm Tully I'm 14 and I have been riding bmx for almost a year collectively but had a 4 month break during soccer season. I'm pretty bad but learning new stuff all the time.

|

10/7/2018 11:25 PM

Greetings, I'm butters on a BMX. I'm looking forward to breaking my neck because I haven't been on a BMX in roughly 20 years. Everything is new again, shit. I have no clue what got me back into this but it's awesome. I have a better bike then I ever did as a kid/teen/young adult. The only issue with that now is... I suck.

Me

Height: 6'1"
weight: 210ish

I'm here to look at cool stuff and just BS with people who like the same shit.

|

10/26/2018 12:34 PM

Whats up everyone, Im Paul been bike obsessed for a bit now and been wanting to get into BMX so figured it's time. I'm a photographer and basically just wanna ride bikes and rip photos around Philly. Looking forward to the new people and to just get out there. Im kinda short and im 30 now....30 rad..

|

10/31/2018 11:09 PM

Ready to try again! Haven't rode since I was 16 years old and I'm 34 now. But figured it be good to get out and exercise and I'm not a MTB kinda guy. Just picked up a 2011 DK Helio for $35, through some tubes in it, about a month ago and hit a skatepark. Had a blast and want to get a better bike as I progress. Will be checking to for sale section for cheap hand me downs. Bmx has changed a lot since my days.

|

11/2/2018 10:08 AM

Whats good guys? names Jon and im 21 years old getting back into it now that I can afford replacing parts.
My older neighbor who inspired me to get a bike a few years ago hooked me up with some older parts which are in decent condition
and I cant wait to build them up (fly classic front rim, a 19" TT fly frame not sure of the name and others).

|

11/3/2018 2:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2018 2:21 PM

Hey all, I'm 29, about two weeks ago bought a bike and rode for the first time in 11 years? I stopped riding around 2007 due not being able to huck homelessness in Philly where I was and needing to throw cash to people who let me stay at their house before I was 18 and when you're under 18, you can't rent even if you wanted to.

Well long story, things didn't get better until recently, but now they are really good. Moved from Philadelphia to DC three years ago, then two years ago ended up in NC (right outside of Raleigh). Things are settled now and I am just up for riding my bike and getting to do something fun.

|

11/12/2018 11:42 AM

What up!
Im Sean but they all call me Cov. I just got back on a bike 4 months ago. Started with a low end mountain bike which quickly turned to a 26" dirt jumper then a 24" cruiser and now finally ive found my home on a bmx bike. A Subrosa Letum to be exact. Im 32, a dad, and business owner. Although nothing has seemed to fulfill me like riding street bmx has these past few weeks. Im not very good at all but im new and im determined. I have one buddy who i occasionally ride with. Im stoked to see guys on the introduction forum who are from my neck of the woods. If your from the philly/jersey area, and dont mind riding with an old rookie hit me up. Im lookon forward to finding some new freinds to rude with and to having a social forum to discuss my latest favorite hobby. Also im tryin to create a career in the bike industry. Idk how yet but i would love to turn this budding passion to a profession.
Peace!

|

11/14/2018 9:42 AM

Hello, my name is Jesse, I’m 29 years old, and I’m from Pennsylvania. I’ve been riding on and off since I was a teenager. I mostly like dirt jumps but I like the street too. I’m definitely not as fit as I used to be but I still love riding BMX bikes.

I currently have two bikes. My first one is a 2009 Diamondback Grind. I guess that’s what I consider my street bike. And I also have a 2002 Haro Backtrail X4 freestyle that I’m working on restoring and swapping out some parts. That will definitely be my go to dirt bike when it is finished. They’re both great bikes. The bike in the photo below is the Haro right after I bought it.

Photo

|

11/18/2018 6:10 AM

Hi all , just bought a Fly Proton , only the second bmx I've owned . First was a Gt tour2 back in the late 90's . I learnt a few things back then but it seems I've forgotten all of it .
I'm 44 now 6'2" and 17 stone at the minute , trying to get back into shape but the weathers getting pretty crapy in the north of England now .

|

11/18/2018 8:30 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

11/20/2018 10:47 AM

Been here for a couple months now. So thought I'd stop in.

Name: Joey
Bikes: SE Fat Ripper, Redline Asset 24, Sunday Soundwave V3 complete

I recently got into biking for exercise. Ive always gone for more extreme things so naturally a 10 speed or standard Mt bike wouldn't do. I want to do wheelies, so I got the Fat Ripper.

Then I wanted to do BMX style tricks so I got the Asset 24. realized a 24" frame is harder to learn on, I got a nice 20" bike. Now I'm looking for a dirt jumper style bike with BMX geometry.

I'm not planning on doing anything to crazy but my bucket list not all on the same bike:
Wheelie around the block. (best so far is 4 or 5 pedals)
Manual 1/4 of a block (Can do about 5 feet)
180 Hop with a long fakey (I can bunny hop)
FootJam tail whip both on flat and a bank.
Endo hops (front brakes or foot jam)
And my stretch goal: Air of out of quarter a couple feet.

Ill have to decide if the last goal is worth the risk. I don't care to pay medical or dental bills so I'm taking my time.
Currently I am working on my endos (can hold for a few secs) and using endos to fakey for a short distant. Right now I am no quite getting 180 out of the fakey but I can do a 90 then go forward.

I know this list is not crazy hard but keep in mind a few months ago when I got my first bike it was hard for me to ride it for very long without being winded. I also had some balance issues to work when riding very slow. Im coming a along, last time I rod a bike was in 1998.

Me in 1998 when I was stationed in Aviano Italy. My old GT Dyno. I still have this bike and am considering restoring it if I can identify exactly what it is. Was stolen from me at one time so no serial.

Photo

|

11/23/2018 10:19 PM

Rick 30 years old just getting back into bmx S&M BTM 21tt and Eastern Thick Rhonda 21.69tt both custom builds live down by the beach boi

|

12/12/2018 7:40 AM

Ash, 31 years old and going by a few of these I’ve read I’m not the only older dude here! From sunny England. Rode from 13/14 til early twenties then had an accident which caused the break until now! Started riding again in September and loving it again.

|

12/16/2018 6:54 AM

Names Tim what's up everyone

|

12/21/2018 2:18 AM

honkiedave wrote:

Hi all , just bought a Fly Proton , only the second bmx I've owned . First was a Gt tour2 back in the late 90's . I learnt a few things back then but it seems I've forgotten all of it .
I'm 44 now 6'2" and 17 stone at the minute , trying to get back into shape but the weathers getting pretty crapy in the north of England now .

Im having the same problems over here in New Jersey. Im a little outta shape and the weather isnt cooperating with the BMX Gods. I havent really been able to get a good day of riding in the past month.

|

12/26/2018 9:16 PM

ThatSeanimal wrote:

Hey, I'm only here to get a free wheel set after 5k posts.
I used to be on the site religiously.
I rode street and park but kept to the street section.
I'm SEANimal757 if anyone remembers.
I need more bikes at the moment.
I can answer questions.

What’s this about a free wheel set?

|

12/27/2018 3:56 AM

Hey names Paul, been riding on and off since a young age and getting into it again more recently. Kicks my arse trying to get fitness back though! Aussie based member.

|