Introduce Yourself

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2018 8:52 PM

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

Here you can introduce your self so everyone can get to know you. Vital is a place to discuss and meet people who share that one common interest with you. BMX.

I'll start.

I'm Chris, I've been riding BMX since mid 2005, not as much lately though as the past year I've been mainly involved in the filming side, helping those riders who are way above my level get exposure. I'm 21 at this moment in time. I'm a student at University and I also work in a super market.

Hi I’m Craig I started riding when I was 17 rode for 3 years solid got pretty good at it, then I got a job and my riding slowed down to a stop and I ended up selling my bmx cheap, biggest regret I ever made. I’m 23 now at the beginning of the year in 2018 I built a new custom bmx and I’ve only been on it like 4-5 times in the year I dnt ride it as much as I want to. + I don’t have any riding buddy’s anymore everyone’s stopped riding :,(

|

1/8/2019 1:30 PM

Hi, my name is Patrick and I'm working on an old bmx for mine son(s). I hope to get some information about bmx bikes.

|

Gewoon een Rotterdammer!

1/8/2019 1:54 PM

Hi, Name is Justin. Looking to dive in to some BMX restoration and im going to need some help smile

|

1/9/2019 9:00 PM

Saint (born with it, ask my parents). Been riding since '95 and got racing in '98. Never truly stopped racing but didn't get involved as much since 2005.

Looking to rebuild my old freestyle frames and keep them as display pieces.

Anyone else from downunder?

|

1/28/2019 10:42 AM

Well, I've been gone long enough that a re-introduction is probably in order.

My name's Tim, I'm from Southern California, and I'm an old guy who rides big bikes. I raced BMX back in the 80s and got back into bicycles of all types in the early 2000s. I started with road cycling and fixed, but the allure of "getting rad" was too hard to resist. I restored my old 20" race bike, but I'd always wanted to try "cruiser class" so I picked myself up a pair of 24s: one for the track, one for the street. After a while, I decided the track wasn't working out for me, and wanted to try a new school 20". So I sold off the 24s and built up a 20". Unfortunately, I took a couple of pretty hard spills (I was never able to reach a comfort level on that 20") and hung up BMX again.

Last year, the SE Big Ripper really caught my eye - specifically the Mike Buff edition - and I picked one up. It was OK, it really captured that "old school nostalgia" and it was a smooth ride, but it was TOO BIG. Just... WAY too big. I was pulling off almost 2' high bunny hops on my 24s, but I couldn't get this thing higher than 4". And truth be told? I really dislike the reputation the SE bikes are getting with that whole "bike life" movement; the whole "wheelie riverdance into opposing traffic" schtick is really dumb. But! I didn't want to get out of BMX completely again, I'll just never be free of it.

So I sold the Big Ripper, and I picked up a Redline PL26. I absolutely and dearly love this bike. I have not ridden a bike - any bike - that caused me to break into such a huge grin and think "YEESSSSSSSSS!" like this bike did since my first ride on a BMX track back in the 80s. The truth is... I'm an older dude. I'm not looking to land a triple tail whip to bar spin off of a dirt jump somewhere, nor am I looking to do double-backflips off the lip of a skatepark somewhere. I just want to ride, and I want to ride a bike I can bunny hop, jump curbs, pull off foot/curb endos, manual/wheelie up and down the street, and just have a good time. My Redline is perfect for that, and it makes me happy. smile

So... hello, again!

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

1/30/2019 5:23 AM

Name is Matt
41 Years old
getting back into BMX after 20 some years off
Age is just a number!

|

2/21/2019 3:59 AM

Hi my names Dan. I'm 31 and used to ride back in the 90s. Been working in the cycling world designing bikes for the last 4 years. wanting to design more BMX related stuff.

I've made a quick google survey

https://goo.gl/forms/mR41vStgwWfh9Yjc2

Would be awesome if i could get your guys help

|

2/24/2019 4:01 PM

Hi Jeannine here, I don’t ride but my 7 year old is super into it and I’m here to get into, educate myself and learn as much as I can to support his love of riding. Heck, maybe one day I’ll rent one at the park and ride instead of watch.

|

2/26/2019 1:55 PM

FNG here getting back to bikes (the pedal kind) after a good many years away. You can call me Hobo, you can call me Bob, but don't call me late for dinner. And I'm willing to bet I'll be the oldest fuck here at age 61. Yes, for real.

|

3/3/2019 8:20 AM

hey my name is justin I am 23 years old and starting riding bmx about 3 months ago I am mainly wanting to learn more I can about bmx riding.

|

3/14/2019 10:05 PM

Teddy. 28. Los Angeles born n raised (San Pedro at the moment). Been riding all my life ~20 years. Worked for an old website called GrindTV and worked at Woodward West in 2010. Built a Sunday/Odyssey from scratch in 2010 as well, laced wheels and all. Moved on from "riding riding" and now buying a complete bike to cruise and do curb cuts on and piss my knees off some more...

|

3/15/2019 9:54 AM

My name is Maria and I’m 20. I’ve been interested in riding for a couple of years now but never committed to buying a BMX until now. I got a MTB last summer and love it but it’s a pretty seasonal sport and the trials around me are flooded rn. Just bought the Cult Gateway ??

|

3/26/2019 12:45 PM

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

Here you can introduce your self so everyone can get to know you. Vital is a place to discuss and meet people who share that one common interest with you. BMX.

I'll start.

I'm Chris, I've been riding BMX since mid 2005, not as much lately though as the past year I've been mainly involved in the filming side, helping those riders who are way above my level get exposure. I'm 21 at this moment in time. I'm a student at University and I also work in a super market.

Craig_Morris wrote:

Hi I’m Craig I started riding when I was 17 rode for 3 years solid got pretty good at it, then I got a job and my riding slowed down to a stop and I ended up selling my bmx cheap, biggest regret I ever made. I’m 23 now at the beginning of the year in 2018 I built a new custom bmx and I’ve only been on it like 4-5 times in the year I dnt ride it as much as I want to. + I don’t have any riding buddy’s anymore everyone’s stopped riding :,(

You poor bugger. I've actually been laughed at for buying a BMX and 'trying' to learn what to do with it.

My name is Roy

I'm here to learn, simple.
My son wanted a BMX so I bought two second hand cheapy bikes. Turns out mine is an original KHE Maceto St (not the pro ?)
Anyway after having massive issues with it, due to not knowing what I'm doing, I found you lot. A little bit of thread stalking has helped a lot but it's now time I started asking questions.

I'm 32, 5,9¾ and live in England.

I've massively enjoyed pulling the bike apart and making mistakes .. I've learnt loads in just 4 weeks by making so many mistakes.
What I am struggling with is actually riding the damn thing. After the chain snapped and me smashing up my knee I'm now a little scared to go for it again.

Looking forward to pissing some of you off with my stupid questions. Speak soon
RR.

|

4/12/2019 6:22 PM

My name's Gibson, I'm 24, currently residing in Johnson City TN.
I've been riding steadily for pretty much my entire life. I mostly like building and riding trails, but will ride skateparks and even street from time to time.
Currently working on a dirt jump spot in Johnson City TN. Hit me up it you're interested in checking it out!

|

4/13/2019 5:22 AM

I'm Brendan, I'm 51. I've ridden and raced bikes and motorcycles my whole life, just now returning to 20 inch bmx bikes though. Started out riding and racing in the 70's and grew up riding in empty pools and water slides. Transitioned into motocross as a teenager, then road and mountain bike racing for 20 some odd years, then motorcycle road racing for a while. Got an old bmx frame and built it up to ride around the neighborhood with my kids and realized I missed these little bikes. Amazing how much has changed and advanced with the bikes and skills so I'm pretty much starting over, old dog trying to learn a new trick.

|

4/13/2019 1:50 PM

loki750 wrote:

I'm Brendan, I'm 51. I've ridden and raced bikes and motorcycles my whole life, just now returning to 20 inch bmx bikes though. Started out riding and racing in the 70's and grew up riding in empty pools and water slides. Transitioned into motocross as a teenager, then road and mountain bike racing for 20 some odd years, then motorcycle road racing for a while. Got an old bmx frame and built it up to ride around the neighborhood with my kids and realized I missed these little bikes. Amazing how much has changed and advanced with the bikes and skills so I'm pretty much starting over, old dog trying to learn a new trick.

That's awesome dude. I'd feel a whole lot better about all this if I had half the amount of experience you do. Instead I'm 33 this year and had never ridden a BMX until 2 months ago. But had good fun in a bowl today, learning how to drop in and fly out. Buzzin'

|

4/14/2019 12:31 PM

Hey All!

My name is Jon. 36 years old. I used to ride a lot in my teens...loved riding street and dirt. I could think of no better thing than just hopping on my bike and wasting the day hitting the air. Joined the military at 19, and after my first tour overseas in '03, I bought a custom bike from DansComp (on a Terrible One Barcode frame) because I wanted to get back into riding. Unfortunately none of the guys in my platoon followed through and got bikes, so that dream of getting back in to riding faded, as I soon lost interest just riding alone.

Fast forward to present day. I got a basic Trek haid tail MTB as a way to get back in shape, but my love for BMX has always been there, screaming at me to come back to it. Yesterday I said "screw it" and pulled the trigger on a 2019 Eastern Shovelhead, which Im waiting to ship out and get to me. I have a buddy my age that still rides, so Im hoping to link up with him and get back in the game.

To be honest, Im nervous. My knees and body arent what they used to be...Im sure it will be a lot harder to "bounce" after some spills, but Im looking forward to getting back in to it. My girlfriend thinks Im gonna kill myself...and she may be right, but I at least have to try one more time.

Looking forward to re-learning and getting back into the community.

|

4/28/2019 9:03 PM

Hi
My name is Toby, I live in Australia. I’ve ridden and raced mtb for a few years and am just starting to get into bmx.

|

4/29/2019 7:01 AM

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

I'll start.

Hello! I dont think this is where I post but I cant seem to find where Im supposed to!

|

4/29/2019 4:21 PM

Hi I'm Cage.

I'm 17 and have been riding some form of bikes off and on since 8. At 8 I raced bmx (back when intense still built race frames). I did that up until 12 when I hit expert (or whatever it was). After that, I rode freestyle for a bit, mostly some dirt jumps. Around 14 I got the mountain bike bug and started racing enduro, something I still do to this day. I started to sesh street spots on the MTB (pretty rough but fun). I got back into bmx a around 6 months ago on my old complete that was obviously too small. I just built up an entire Subrosa and TSC build on Trey Jones' Wild Child frame (all black and bronze). I'll post pictures soon, can't wait to interact on the forums. I've been working on bikes since 8 so if anyone has any questions, hmu. I'm sure I'll be asking some of you!!!!

-Cage Englander

|

I'm cheating on MTB with BMX and cheating on BMX with MTB.

5/4/2019 12:15 PM

Hi, I'm Jackson 26. I've skateboarded since I was 9 and bmx raced for a bit in my teens but gave it up because I'm from Atlanta and all the tracks were way out in the suburbs and I got a nasty concussion. I've recently bought a complete and got into bmx because my friend, who's also a skater, got into it and it looked like fun. It's really clicked with me and I feel like I'm progressing pretty quickly. I've found the bmx scene to be very frienly and inclusive, which is cool because that's not how skateboarding is at all. I guess it's probably because the population is smaller. If any of you are in Atl or the surrounding areas, hit me up! I'm down to ride and maybe travel a bit

|

5/6/2019 11:40 AM

My name is Jonathan, 25 years old, live in Sweden, I’ve been riding on and of since 2008 isch had a major break in riding 2016-2018 cuz my brother broke his neck, nowadays I try to ride every day, still hard to get to my “former” level of riding. But quitters never win so why give up? Best regards Jonathan smile

|

5/20/2019 4:43 AM

Hi!
I'm Lloyd. 41. Former skater originally from London, now living 'Up Norf'.
Always had bikes (never had a driving license).
Been riding BMX for the last 18 months to 2 years with my, now 6yr old, son and we're out here loving it.
I ride 80% street + commute.
The boy rides anything he can hurl himself up, down, over or across.

Cheers

Lloydy

|

5/20/2019 11:20 PM

geezabmx wrote:

Hi!
Been riding BMX for the last 18 months to 2 years with my, now 6yr old, son and we're out here loving it.

Cheers

Lloydy

Welcome Lloyd, whereabouts up North are you? There's a few of us up here!

|

5/21/2019 12:12 AM

RumHam wrote:

Hey! I'm in south Leeds. How about you?

|

5/21/2019 11:55 PM

geezabmx wrote:

Hi!

Cheers

Lloydy

RumHam wrote:

geezabmx wrote:

I'm in Hull mate, me and another member on here (who is from Liverpool) try and meet up when we can. We've been to Leeds together a couple of times so if we're ever in the area we could hit you up and go for a pedal?

|

5/22/2019 12:20 AM

RumHam wrote:

geezabmx wrote:

RumHam wrote:

I'm in Hull mate, me and another member on here (who is from Liverpool) try and meet up when we can. We've been to Leeds together a couple of times so if we're ever in the area we could hit you up and go for a pedal?

Nice one, mate! I'm definitely up for that!
Likewise, if I'm ever over your way I'll drop you a line.

|

5/22/2019 1:39 AM

geezabmx wrote:

Nice one, mate! I'm definitely up for that!
Likewise, if I'm ever over your way I'll drop you a line.

Sounds good, if you're on instagram give me a follow @danaschofield and we can keep in touch on there smile

|

5/22/2019 1:40 AM

Names Mike. Im 34. From New Jersey, USA. I rode back in 98-03, started getting into stupid shit like girls and partying. Never stopped thinking about bmx. Always looking for rails and gaps and banks, i finally built a bike in November. I try to ride everyday. Im learning new shit all the time, riding street, and some park. Never stop riding.

|

5/25/2019 11:44 AM

Hi all ,

My names Adam and I’m 33 years old. I had a bike as a kid and had many friends who were serious into bmx. I however was just one of the guys so I got myself a bike and went around with them. I never really put much effort into learning tricks as I was just afraid. I left the U.K. to go live in Iceland with my wonderful girlfriend whom I’ve been with for around 8 years.
So when I left I gave my bike away to a friend thinking I’d never need or want a bmx again.

So 10 months ago I had a strong urge to want to ride..being 32 at the time I had the feeling of get a bike now and try my best or just get older living in regret, so off to sourcebmx.com I went and purchased myself a mid range bike just to see how I got on. 3 weeks after my fit Brandon begin complete arrived I decided yes I want to give bmx another go with more of a serious approach so I went back to source and got myself a 2019 Sunday street sweeper complete and have just been trying what I can when I can ever since.
I’m totally surprised with my progress I’m a 1000 times better than I ever was as a kid. So I set myself an Instagram account up “pinkmilkbmx” to document my journey back into bmx with pictures and videos which I know will make me so proud to look back on years from now.
I even found 2 people in the country who also ride bmx and during this past 10 months I know of around 6 people in the country who ride bmx and we try to meet up when possible.
If your an older guy with no bmx experience or very little it’s never too late to just bite the bullet and buy a bike and give it your best shot!
Riding bmx is so much fun I wish I would have got one years ago hehe.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I wish you all well with your riding!

|