Introduce Yourself

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2019 8:49 AM

Ckone45 wrote:

It's tight seeing all us old fuckers getting back on two wheels. We should get a master's street league going. Lol!

Haha! Man I’d Love to mess around at some DIY spots, parks, and streets with a bunch of guys my own age! Would be good times!

|

F@&$ your skatepark! BMX all day!

10/11/2019 6:54 PM

Dude we need to make it happen. Lol

|

10/12/2019 8:57 AM

I've been lurking for a bit and figure it's time to join and say hi. I've been riding since jr high in the late 80's, and recently bought a more modern bike (KGB Soulrider frame) to replace the 40 lb tank I had been riding since '98. Apparently I don't quite suck at flatland, I just had the wrong bike!

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

10/20/2019 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2019 8:29 PM

First time poster, long time lurker.

My name is Coby, from Melbourne Australia. I'm an old prick at the age of 34 (haha) Used to ride a heap back in the mid-ish and late 90's, first bike ever was a Torker Vagabond back in 1996. Just getting back into it, but now building my own bikes as i am a diesel 4x4 mechanic and build my own dirtbikes as well, building BMX's are a lot easier and probably a little more fun.

I bought a 2011 Mongoose Subject in shit condition a few months back, stripped it down and have rebuilt it with DRS forks, Academy high bar, Sunday stem and a standard to integrated headset, Odyssey Springfield brakes and Odyssey 28T chain and a few other bits. Cleaned up the gloss black paint on the frame, replaced all the hub bearings etc.

Also bought a 2014 Eastern Vulture frame and have built that up as well with basically the same gear bar the Odyssey chain.

I also drive a Nissan Navara (over in the states, they are Nissan Titans) with a 6" lift and 33" tyres, so it's handy strapping the bikes down and going for long drives out country to find some sweet riding spots.

|

10/30/2019 9:58 AM

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

people call me "Dutch" ... i dunno why dad said and then wham it stuck ever since

Love BMX this is my first legit year sticking with BMX
140 lbs
short like my family 5' 7"
I have won several competitons and awards for different essays
currently working as a freelance writer
homeschooled .. last year of it!!!!
i wish i was better at trails but im not coordinated on dirt Sad
working park at park but i mainly ride street
i ride a stolen and love it Wink

ayo my name o my birth certificate is "dutch" gang gang

|

10/30/2019 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2019 10:04 AM

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

people call me "Dutch" ... i dunno why dad said and then wham it stuck ever since

Love BMX this is my first legit year sticking with BMX
140 lbs
short like my family 5' 7"
I have won several competitons and awards for different essays
currently working as a freelance writer
homeschooled .. last year of it!!!!
i wish i was better at trails but im not coordinated on dirt Sad
working park at park but i mainly ride street
i ride a stolen and love it Wink

DutchridesBmx wrote:

ayo my name o my birth certificate is "dutch" gang gang

squad up gang mang.

sick good luck with your writing career! I love creative writing but do technical writing professionally.

edit: Yeah I hear such good shit about stolen, but I have had no luck with their cranks. on my second set now.

|

11/5/2019 12:54 PM

Cobez wrote:

First time poster, long time lurker.

My name is Coby, from Melbourne Australia. I'm an old prick at the age of 34 (haha) Used to ride a heap back in the mid-ish and late 90's, first bike ever was a Torker Vagabond back in 1996. Just getting back into it, but now building my own bikes as i am a diesel 4x4 mechanic and build my own dirtbikes as well, building BMX's are a lot easier and probably a little more fun.

I bought a 2011 Mongoose Subject in shit condition a few months back, stripped it down and have rebuilt it with DRS forks, Academy high bar, Sunday stem and a standard to integrated headset, Odyssey Springfield brakes and Odyssey 28T chain and a few other bits. Cleaned up the gloss black paint on the frame, replaced all the hub bearings etc.

Also bought a 2014 Eastern Vulture frame and have built that up as well with basically the same gear bar the Odyssey chain.

I also drive a Nissan Navara (over in the states, they are Nissan Titans) with a 6" lift and 33" tyres, so it's handy strapping the bikes down and going for long drives out country to find some sweet riding spots.

Torker Vagabond were pretty cool looking frames...

|

11/9/2019 2:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2019 2:31 PM

Old guy from Wisconsin riding a bike again after a long long hiatus. BMX is new or me though. besides a few jumps in the dirt as a kid and such. Starting to learn tricks on the crappy bikes I have and hopefully there is enough in the budget for some better parts next year. I do quite like saving stuff from the scrap heap of life and giving it some use. I kind of feel like that myself. Fighting lyme disease for over 10 years.

Thanks for having a site to discuss BMX. I might be asking a lot of questions cuz it's pretty new to me. Hopefully you all can have patience with me. I mean I've obviously seen the sport as a kid and bikes as a kid. But the closest thing I had was a Schwinn Sting Ray by step brothers let me have the frame on because when I tried to put a fatter rim and tire on my kids Schwinn it wouldn't fit. But I had bmx bars and stem. And a knobby rear. LOL.

Like most kids in gen X we rode a bike a lot of places. Like my first job before getting a drivers license. But after I got a license, I did not ride bikes too much any longer. A little bit but not much. Skateboarded some. Mostly street but had a 1/4 we built in my barn and did some stuff on that. Never finished it into a whole half pipe though. LOL.

Riding a bike again has been, so much fun. And learning to do tricks, also so much fun. Although I've not gotten very far yet.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

11/12/2019 2:06 AM

Hi folks,

I am a 47 year old ex-freestyler planning to make the big move and ride again.
I use on a weekly basis my mountain bike for short trips in the hood.
My main reason for joining is wanting to revive my youth now that my 11 year old son sounds interested in the bike stories I told him for a couple of years (I rode until 1991 a Skyway Street Styler, Haro Master 87, Haro Sport and a pink Freestyler Pro (if I remember well the model - it was the one with the S-like lower tube). I used UKAI 48 HPs and practiced only flatland (street style as we called it back then) in Greece.
I noticed that most bikes are Hi Ten Steel, I was used to Chromoly being the most durable metal for a frame.

It is really happy to have found this place!

|

11/12/2019 7:58 AM

Welcome sir! We do similar type riding now. My daily ride in the neighborhood is so... relaxing and fun. Although it's becoming more of a challenge in the winter here it is still very fun. Was pretty cold last night though.

Its a lot of fun riding with the kids though, eh? My whole family got back into it this summer as I started to ride. I had to build up some cheap bikes since we don't have a lot of money but we got all four of us on bikes. Then trying to do tricks on my cruiser after my normal ride was done is so much fun. And good for the muscles seems like.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

11/12/2019 8:03 AM

MJbmx wrote:

I've been lurking for a bit and figure it's time to join and say hi. I've been riding since jr high in the late 80's, and recently bought a more modern bike (KGB Soulrider frame) to replace the 40 lb tank I had been riding since '98. Apparently I don't quite suck at flatland, I just had the wrong bike!

Looks like we're about the same age. I graduated in 1990. I'm not sure where Shorewood, IL is but my Dad and Grandma live in McHenry. Out west. Northern part. Near 173 and 12.

|

11/12/2019 8:13 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

What up!

New guy almost 45, been way into bikes since before I remember.. Stingray 70s, flatland 80s, downhill MTB 90s, restoration and riding old crusers 2000-Now.. Both my son and daughter are autistic, and been riding the neighborhood streets with my daughter on my 49 Schwinn for 5 years now, she's 12 and on a 24" cruser.

I'm sorta here accidentally lol.. My son, who is non verbal, just ditched his training wheels on his 16" 🙌 last year at 9 years old.. I already had a really nice 20 Stingray set aside for him. But he didn't really seem to like it and it's still too big for him.

I ended up buying him a used 20" Verde and he loves it!

I started riding it and trying my old 1980s BS and accidentally got hooked again. Lol.. Ended up buying myself a Kink Williams complete and already some custom parts..

Ride it like ya stole it...

<°)))>{

Hey, hang in there man. I kind of know a little about what you're going through. A bit. We've had a lot of health issues with my son and myself. My sons was more really bad eczema and allergies growing up. He's a lot better now. But it was rough. And my Sister's oldest who is about the same age as my son is autistic. It is a rough road and I wish I could give you a hug. I know, sounds creepy but it is what it is. So... hugs to you and your family and God be with you. It's amazing how two wheels can be so..... good for us?!!!!!! I'm really thankful to have the health to gotten back into riding.

I had a sting ray too. Then a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed I had to clean up and ride to work. I remember it was dark brown and I put on these cool BMX type, red anodized pedals with teeth you know? I had those on the sting ray but needed the 10 speed more for getting around before I got my license.

Ahhhh, those were the days. Wish I had more pics of those days. It's like if it doesn't get posted on facebook, how could it happen? LOL. So much stuff happened without a camera capturing it when we were younger. LOL.

|

11/12/2019 10:05 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

What up!

New guy almost 45, been way into bikes since before I remember.. Stingray 70s, flatland 80s, downhill MTB 90s, restoration and riding old crusers 2000-Now.. Both my son and daughter are autistic, and been riding the neighborhood streets with my daughter on my 49 Schwinn for 5 years now, she's 12 and on a 24" cruser.

I'm sorta here accidentally lol.. My son, who is non verbal, just ditched his training wheels on his 16" 🙌 last year at 9 years old.. I already had a really nice 20 Stingray set aside for him. But he didn't really seem to like it and it's still too big for him.

I ended up buying him a used 20" Verde and he loves it!

I started riding it and trying my old 1980s BS and accidentally got hooked again. Lol.. Ended up buying myself a Kink Williams complete and already some custom parts..

Ride it like ya stole it...

<°)))>{

Fortyseven wrote:

Hey, hang in there man. I kind of know a little about what you're going through. A bit. We've had a lot of health issues with my son and myself. My sons was more really bad eczema and allergies growing up. He's a lot better now. But it was rough. And my Sister's oldest who is about the same age as my son is autistic. It is a rough road and I wish I could give you a hug. I know, sounds creepy but it is what it is. So... hugs to you and your family and God be with you. It's amazing how two wheels can be so..... good for us?!!!!!! I'm really thankful to have the health to gotten back into riding.

I had a sting ray too. Then a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed I had to clean up and ride to work. I remember it was dark brown and I put on these cool BMX type, red anodized pedals with teeth you know? I had those on the sting ray but needed the 10 speed more for getting around before I got my license.

Ahhhh, those were the days. Wish I had more pics of those days. It's like if it doesn't get posted on facebook, how could it happen? LOL. So much stuff happened without a camera capturing it when we were younger. LOL.

Man, glad you and your boy are doing better and on a good road out of the woods, God be with you and yours too..

Yeah my kiddos are a challenge but there's a ton of positive things autistic kids like my son has that you don't find with other kids.. When I want to go somewhere with him, he's in, no questions asked, no complaining, he's happy to go anywhere with me. Raining, cold, hot, he's cool with anything lol.. He loves doing anything, not a cry baby, tougher than nails. As a matter of fact, I think his attitude is way better than most kids, and he doesn't act like a spoiled baby, never has.. But if you don't challenge him he will challenge you and your ability to either clean up and or fix something lol..

|

11/13/2019 9:58 AM

Thanks man. I'm not sure I'll ever get completely healed but I'm trying to stay positive and really thankful for the better health this year. It can go up and down though......

Kids, they keep you on your toes. LOL. And so much more. Glad you can see the positives. It's not always easy. State of mind though.

|

11/14/2019 10:26 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Old guy from Wisconsin riding a bike again after a long long hiatus. BMX is new or me though. besides a few jumps in the dirt as a kid and such. Starting to learn tricks on the crappy bikes I have and hopefully there is enough in the budget for some better parts next year. I do quite like saving stuff from the scrap heap of life and giving it some use. I kind of feel like that myself. Fighting lyme disease for over 10 years.

Thanks for having a site to discuss BMX. I might be asking a lot of questions cuz it's pretty new to me. Hopefully you all can have patience with me. I mean I've obviously seen the sport as a kid and bikes as a kid. But the closest thing I had was a Schwinn Sting Ray by step brothers let me have the frame on because when I tried to put a fatter rim and tire on my kids Schwinn it wouldn't fit. But I had bmx bars and stem. And a knobby rear. LOL.

Like most kids in gen X we rode a bike a lot of places. Like my first job before getting a drivers license. But after I got a license, I did not ride bikes too much any longer. A little bit but not much. Skateboarded some. Mostly street but had a 1/4 we built in my barn and did some stuff on that. Never finished it into a whole half pipe though. LOL.

Riding a bike again has been, so much fun. And learning to do tricks, also so much fun. Although I've not gotten very far yet.

Hey man. Milwaukee here (Oak Creek currently). I'm like you.... rode years ago and then moved on to Mountain biking & then other stuff. Got back into riding a couple years ago but have few people to ride with so that's a bummer. Maybe we could ride (when the weather isn't shit or go to 4Seasons). Anyway, if you are in need of a bike or looking to get something less "crappy" in the bike department, let me know. I have some stuff I should probably unload.

|

11/14/2019 10:09 PM

Yo im connor, i started riding over the summer, my shins r already gone. im at the skatepark 3-4 times a week and the bmx track on the odd occasion. whats up

|

11/15/2019 10:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2019 10:12 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Hey man. Milwaukee here (Oak Creek currently). I'm like you.... rode years ago and then moved on to Mountain biking & then other stuff. Got back into riding a couple years ago but have few people to ride with so that's a bummer. Maybe we could ride (when the weather isn't shit or go to 4Seasons). Anyway, if you are in need of a bike or looking to get something less "crappy" in the bike department, let me know. I have some stuff I should probably unload.

Where do you do your shopping? Mostly online? South shore cyclery has some cool stuff. Used too. I've only been there once though. Used to go more when it was Cudahy News and Hobby. LOL.

I might just hit you up for some good stuff eventually. Like I said in the other thread.... Christmas time right now, so I need to focus less on myself. All I need for my crappy bike build is a better 1 piece crank. And I'm set for something to at least learn on and break. Then if the LORD allows me to stick with it I'll start to build up a decent one. But since you offered, you'll be the person I hit up.

It's funny you mention Four Seasons. Just yesterday I went online to see what skate parks are around here. Cuz i didn't really think there were any. And I saw it online. The Racine one down by the lake is free though.. But four seasons looks better and of course is indoors. I might have to go visit one day in the winter if they are open. I'm not really ready to ride in one yet, but I could go and hang and watch sometime and learn. Maybe one of my kids might be game too. Do your ride in the winter there?

I'm not sure how old you are but when I was in high school there was this covered outdoor skatepark off of loomis. I forget the name of it and I never skated there. One of my buddies from high school did some. I did more just street stuff although I mentioned earlier I had a 1/4 pipe in my Barn in Franklin. And I had a buddy down the street how built this little set up in his basement. Was like a foot and a half tall with coping. I rode there a few times.

What brands do you like? Are you a cassette or freecoaster guy? Brakes or no brakes? I'm guessing you might have a few different set ups...... If you have a place to look at pics, I would love that. Or post em up here if you want.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. I appreciate it.

|

11/16/2019 11:37 AM

Hey everyone my name is Jenn. My son who is 8yo is very interested in BMX. We lived in Harford County Maryland. Does anyone know where I could go about getting him some training? Or what should I do so he learns the right way? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

|

11/16/2019 1:48 PM

jennieOG wrote:

Hey everyone my name is Jenn. My son who is 8yo is very interested in BMX. We lived in Harford County Maryland. Does anyone know where I could go about getting him some training? Or what should I do so he learns the right way? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Welcome aboard Jenn..

I'm pretty sure most of us on here are pretty much self taught..

There's a ton of info on YouTube for beginners and learning tricks.. I would say for now, just making sure he can get as much time on his bike as he wishes combined with a safe place to ride it..

For starters YouTube wise, this Caiden kid (amazing) should be inspirational for him..

Good luck,

|

11/16/2019 3:22 PM

jennieOG wrote:

Friends, a piece of plywood, and a cinder block. You might think im joking, but that's really how it all gets started. Just a bunch of kids trying to one up each other on bikes. It's a ton of fun, and hes gonna get scraped up sometimes, and that's ok.

|

11/16/2019 4:10 PM

jennieOG wrote:

Yo Jen. Take him to Landsdown skate park. It's the oldest skatepark on the east coast and actually even the US I believe. The cement is not slick like all of these new team Payne parks that are being built so he will have tons of control on that park and it will be a great place for him to learn to ride. It's right outside of Baltimore. I'm 42. I still ride. He's going to have a blast.

|

11/22/2019 12:15 PM

Names David I’m 17 years old I’m 100% mexican in a town where it’s basically 99% white so yeah bmx is not very common here I’m a lone rider I think I’m the only bmx rider in my area. I’ve been bmxing for 3 years but only recently have I gotten serious about it 5’6” 175lb of pure muscle and a lil fat haha I would consider myself a beginner but I got the 180 bunnyhop dialed and I’m looking forward to learning 360s barspins and nose manuals

|

11/25/2019 5:31 AM

_bmxican_ wrote:

Names David I’m 17 years old I’m 100% mexican in a town where it’s basically 99% white so yeah bmx is not very common here I’m a lone rider I think I’m the only bmx rider in my area. I’ve been bmxing for 3 years but only recently have I gotten serious about it 5’6” 175lb of pure muscle and a lil fat haha I would consider myself a beginner but I got the 180 bunnyhop dialed and I’m looking forward to learning 360s barspins and nose manuals

I'm white in a very Mexican town where also nobody else rides. Once observation I've made is that of all these Mexicans riding 20" bmx bikes, mostly mongoose, how can NOT ONE SINGLE ONE decide "hey let me try a wheelie" "let me see if i can bunnyhop"? Not one single individual by chance gets into bmx. They're riding their bikes 20 miles a day, you stood think out of pure boredom and curiosity that JUST ONE would get in to bmx. Just an observation that perplexes me. There's a couple black kids in town that are taking a slight interest in bmx, but are not very serious. That's about it.

|

11/25/2019 5:37 AM

_bmxican_ wrote:

HarveyDaverson wrote:

I'm white in a very Mexican town where also nobody else rides. Once observation I've made is that of all these Mexicans riding 20" bmx bikes, mostly mongoose, how can NOT ONE SINGLE ONE decide "hey let me try a wheelie" "let me see if i can bunnyhop"? Not one single individual by chance gets into bmx. They're riding their bikes 20 miles a day, you stood think out of pure boredom and curiosity that JUST ONE would get in to bmx. Just an observation that perplexes me. There's a couple black kids in town that are taking a slight interest in bmx, but are not very serious. That's about it.

I remember does days when I used to live in Chicago 😂. Everyone had a mongoose but no one knew any tricks.

|

11/26/2019 12:49 PM

Olman24inch wrote:

Hey kids (creepy)-
I’m an old ass 41 yr old, and the BMX bug just bit me once again since I was about 9-10 years old. I guess that resurfaced this past summer at a family camp weekend, when my college-aged son couldn’t make it, so I took his 2010 FIT Park 1 that had been hanging off the rafters for years already, instead of my beach cruiser. So early one morning, hung over and half asleep I fly down a small decline, decide to bunny hop, and ATE IT on the asphalt! That moment right there is when I remembered just how it felt as a kid, eating shit several times attempting crazy shit over and over- AND I AM HOOKED ONCE AGAIN. So I’m pretty much an old dog learning new tricks- AGAIN. Still young at heart man. Just having fun.

geezabmx wrote:

Ditto, mate! 41 and loving being back on a bmx. Not loving the typically BS British weather right now though. Ride on!

Same brothers and sisters if your in the Uk definitely awkward to ride at the mo. Went indoors last Wednesday and literally ate plywood. Hopefully eating more this Wednesday night.

|

11/26/2019 2:04 PM

Yet another lurker who finally signed up. Also yet another (not) "old" guy (36) getting back after it.

Didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 10 or 11. Minutes after I figured out how to balance, I was jumping ditches. Had a BMX bike for neighborhood travel and random jumps here or there until I was probably 14 or so when skateboarding became more attractive. I did manage to build up a pretty slick lowrider bike during that time, though. It did not see a ramp, naturally.

Ended up back on a bicycle in my early 20s. Spent the next seven years learning as much as I could about bike repair while restoring/flipping bikes of all kinds, riding single speed xc, mtb dirt jump, mtb trials, and commuting around on a fixed gear like a jerk. Have had a lot of nice bikes and did a lot of fun riding in the area "before it was cool" (had to drive over an hour to find a place to ride). Was very active in the local bike community. Gave up my bikes several years ago when we decided to have a kid as it was not conducive to being a dad by regularly injuring more sensitive areas of the body. Now there's trails everywhere and mountain biking has exploded but it doesn't have the same draw to me that it once did.

My kiddo got a scooter a few months ago and wasn't confident enough to hit the skate park but badly wanted to go and asked if I would ride with him. I was really excited but I was also *way* too big for his scooter so we grabbed his skateboard. After messing around on his skateboard while he was on the scoot, I remembered BMX was a thing so I bought a 2019 Fit PRK (with a pile of protective gear) and decided I'd take up riding again.

So here we are. I can't do hardly anything on this twitchy little bike but rip through the nearest pump track and hop off little drops here or there. Can't bunny hop it as high as my 26" mountain bikes and that's the most perplexing thing. Just about broke my tailbone looping out of a manual but I'm sticking with it. Just trying to pick up the basics and enjoy bombing around town or the various parks my area has to offer.

The few local riders I've encountered have been a little standoffish but I can understand that. I'm an awkward dude that can barely pull any tricks and has more pads on than a leather sofa. It's all good, I'm going to keep pedaling.

|

11/27/2019 10:30 AM

LOL. Great intro. You're the one over on bikeforums too, eh? I'm 3S1M over there. Although you might have already figured that out.

Kids, they help us do the darndest things. I don't think it would've even dawned on me to start riding again unless my Daughter sparked the interest. And then it ended up being a lot of fun.

I love working on them too. Although I still have a lot to learn. But cobbling a few cheap bikes together and cleaning them up has been very rewarding. I love taking something that was destined for the landfill and making it into something useful. Most of the time they don't need much. Just some TLC. We throw away so much stuff as people... I'm guilty of it too. But trying to get better at not doing that. A lot of stuff is just designed that way but I've made a quest to start trying to fix stuff instead of tossing it right away. If I don't need it I can always give it away or sell it to someone who wants said item.

They Murray pictured was at the end of my neighbors driveway when they were moving out. All it needed was a really good cleaning and innertubes. The gears all worked and it's actually a really smooth rider despite the rear rim having a bit of hop. I can get left to right trued but "hop" I'm still haven't tackled yet. It's American made too.

|

11/27/2019 11:56 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

LOL. Great intro. You're the one over on bikeforums too, eh? I'm 3S1M over there. Although you might have already figured that out.

Kids, they help us do the darndest things. I don't think it would've even dawned on me to start riding again unless my Daughter sparked the interest. And then it ended up being a lot of fun.

I love working on them too. Although I still have a lot to learn. But cobbling a few cheap bikes together and cleaning them up has been very rewarding. I love taking something that was destined for the landfill and making it into something useful. Most of the time they don't need much. Just some TLC. We throw away so much stuff as people... I'm guilty of it too. But trying to get better at not doing that. A lot of stuff is just designed that way but I've made a quest to start trying to fix stuff instead of tossing it right away. If I don't need it I can always give it away or sell it to someone who wants said item.

They Murray pictured was at the end of my neighbors driveway when they were moving out. All it needed was a really good cleaning and innertubes. The gears all worked and it's actually a really smooth rider despite the rear rim having a bit of hop. I can get left to right trued but "hop" I'm still haven't tackled yet. It's American made too.

That'd be me for sure. I was quite active over on bikeforums.net for a few years but then just gave up riding all together all at once. Glad to be back at it, though. Bicycles and ham radio are two things I never thought I'd be able to do again after having a kid but he's gotten me back into both. I do need to teach him how to ride a bike, though. That's something he's just never figured out. He's got time.

Glad to see you're saving those older bikes from the trash. Even the cheap ones can often have a lot of miles left in them. I've flipped several for friends and other folks who couldn't afford bikes. Keeps them out of cars and in-shape. Good stuff.

|

11/30/2019 6:32 PM

Older guy here mostly a skateboarder getting back into it just ordered a framed 29er looking so forward to it.

|

12/2/2019 9:05 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

granggg wrote:

That'd be me for sure. I was quite active over on bikeforums.net for a few years but then just gave up riding all together all at once. Glad to be back at it, though. Bicycles and ham radio are two things I never thought I'd be able to do again after having a kid but he's gotten me back into both. I do need to teach him how to ride a bike, though. That's something he's just never figured out. He's got time.

Glad to see you're saving those older bikes from the trash. Even the cheap ones can often have a lot of miles left in them. I've flipped several for friends and other folks who couldn't afford bikes. Keeps them out of cars and in-shape. Good stuff.

I just got another one last night or free . LOL. I'm not sure what to do with it yet, but I'm thinking on it. It's super duper light. But it's got a fixed gear rear rim. I might have to buy a new rim..... And a deraileuer. However you spell that. I can't believe how light it is compared to my other bikes. I bet it's less than 20 pounds. More like 15.... I'll have to weigh it.

|