Introduce Yourself

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2019 4:57 PM

Hey everyone I'm a new member here
Here's a bit about myself
I started riding bmx at 4 years old,as soon as I could ride with training wheels I was jumping twig piles in my backyard haha,but sadly with school and stuff I lacked time to practice and go further
I just started riding again October 2nd of this year,I picked up a new bmx bike to see if I could still do tricks and stuff...and I could!
I'm mainly an urban rider and creative trick type rider...anything unconventional I'll give it a shot Haha
I'm an aspiring professional bmx rider,I've got a deep passion for the sport and would love to go pro...but I'm not fighting for it,I'm just enjoying practicing and having fun
I'm also an avid skateboarder,snowboarder and mountain biker
I cover everything on my IG page urban_broski
I currently own and ride a Cult Dak Roche V3 based custom and have 2 other bikes as well,a premium products spire custom and a we the people envy custom
Exited to be a part of the forum!

|

12/4/2019 6:30 AM

Hi im sean... ive been out of BMX for 15 plus years. My son has recently gotten into BMX hes 9 and has got me back into it. ive got a bike for now a buddy is letting me use. im going to get something for myself at some point we ride dirt and sometimes a local concrete park.

|

12/25/2019 7:15 AM

Hi my name is Justin and I received this bike from a buddy for Christmas. I've done a little research and I"ve come to the belief that it is an 88 Haro Master the serial code starts with H880516**. Here are some pics. Can anyone help me in positively identifying Model?

|

12/26/2019 9:51 AM

Wow, that has some years on it. Cool bike.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

12/27/2019 6:40 PM

Hey everyone, Just an old-school BMX rider here. Hi everyone has a great 2020.

|

12/27/2019 6:42 PM

justin6644 wrote:

Hi my name is Justin and I received this bike from a buddy for Christmas. I've done a little research and I"ve come to the belief that it is an 88 Haro Master the serial code starts with H880516**. Here are some pics. Can anyone help me in positively identifying Model?

Looks like a Haro Zippo

|

12/28/2019 12:41 AM

Used to ride back between like 01 to 03. Lightly rode here and there throughout the years. 35 years old from Indiana and just got another bike a month or so ago. It's taking a little while to get back into things but so far it's been fun.

|

12/28/2019 9:14 AM

quick16g wrote:

Used to ride back between like 01 to 03. Lightly rode here and there throughout the years. 35 years old from Indiana and just got another bike a month or so ago. It's taking a little while to get back into things but so far it's been fun.

Which bike did you get?

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

12/29/2019 11:00 AM

quick16g wrote:

Fortyseven wrote:

Which bike did you get?

2019 Fit Augie. Planning to start a build soon though.

|

1/12/2020 11:24 AM

Hi, I'm B.

I am OLD - and I joined because I was stoked to find this thread - so that's where I'm gonna be posting right after this...

I'm a CG artist, and I recently moved to a really really posh town in the North West of England full of people even older than me, for work in Manchester - I'm originally from the South East, so I don't know anyone up here. Seriously. I don't know anybody for like, 300 miles.

I'm into weird noise rock from the late 80s and early nineties and I spend way too much of my life sitting in front of a computer... like right now.

And.... that's about it.

Salut!

|

1/12/2020 12:13 PM

Welcome aboard B..

This thread now has 1000 posts!

|

1/12/2020 12:34 PM

quick16g wrote:

Fortyseven wrote:

Which bike did you get?

quick16g wrote:

2019 Fit Augie. Planning to start a build soon though.

I looked it up and apparently the frame was painted Gold at some point. Looks kind of cool. I'm assuming yours is the current purple or no? Looks like a good choice.

Welcome BL. I'm sure the wind in your hair will be a welcome experience after sitting behind the computer. And hey, maybe you'll make friends with the local youngsters if your ride around town. Probably some kids of people around you that might ride. LOL. Maybe?

|

1/12/2020 12:51 PM

Guys. I'm going bananas right now. I started riding again in June. I was having a blast and my bike got stolen. I got a new 2019 Radio Darko after that and was stoked. Road it a few times in the park it was amazing. Then I found out I have a degenerative disease in my lower spine related to an old military injury. I have not road in months because I'm in physical therapy to strengthen my back muscles around my spine so u can function and ride again. I feel like a caged animal. It's making me nuts. I am enjoying seeing all these posts about all these old dudes like me riding again. Keep it going.

|

1/12/2020 1:00 PM

Sorry to hear man. Are they saying after therapy it'll get you on a bike again? I know my wife had a lower back issues this year that was like tons of pain in the lower back and then her right leg. I forget what they called it but after some therapy it got better. For her the doc said biking was actually good. But that sucks you gotta wait.

Got any pics of your bike? That also sucks your first one got stolen.... Ugh.

|

1/12/2020 1:04 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Sorry to hear man. Are they saying after therapy it'll get you on a bike again? I know my wife had a lower back issues this year that was like tons of pain in the lower back and then her right leg. I forget what they called it but after some therapy it got better. For her the doc said biking was actually good. But that sucks you gotta wait.

Got any pics of your bike? That also sucks your first one got stolen.... Ugh.

Yeah I do still have pics of the bike. Its somewhere in Littleton CO. Ive talked to a few kids who have seen it. Yeah I'll be able to ride again. It will be a few months though. Watching YouTube videos is it for me. Lol

|

1/12/2020 1:05 PM

Ckone45 wrote:

Guys. I'm going bananas right now. I started riding again in June. I was having a blast and my bike got stolen. I got a new 2019 Radio Darko after that and was stoked. Road it a few times in the park it was amazing. Then I found out I have a degenerative disease in my lower spine related to an old military injury. I have not road in months because I'm in physical therapy to strengthen my back muscles around my spine so u can function and ride again. I feel like a caged animal. It's making me nuts. I am enjoying seeing all these posts about all these old dudes like me riding again. Keep it going.

Hey dude this is Winny in the Uk. Ckone45 I can’t really compare my ankle with your back. But I destroyed it and I know what it’s like being a caged animal. I’ve been riding a year now and am almost 44 but feel like 10 years younger on the bike. It’s bad enough that I’m self employed so gonna cost me big time, but worse is not knowing how long before I can ride again. My wife and work pals are all like your done, but this just fuels my desire to come back. Hope you heal soon bro

|

1/19/2020 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2020 4:27 AM

Hey guys,

I'm Mike. I'm going to be 48 years old in 2 days and I just bought a Standard STA. I've been riding BMX seriously since, oh...the early 80's? My last 20" bike was a 94 S&M Dirtbike that was stolen around 2001. I've been riding a MTB since then but have always missed my 20" so I said why not. I recently went to Ray's Bike Park out here in CLE and I'm totally hooked again. Anyways, don't ever give up what you love! Maybe I'll see you out at Rays someday!

|

1/20/2020 4:02 AM

Hello everyone. 36 years old and never really learned to freak it like I want to. I’ve been commuting on a 24” GT cruiser for years and got the itch to learn some stuff. I never could manual that beast so I bought a used 20” Giant Method to teach myself the fundamentals - manual, wheelie, big bunny hops, etc. I’ve got an Ares flatland bike on the way as well for when it’s a little warmer and I can put some hours into practicing. Also don’t want to bang that one up too bad learning to jump. I’m excited to get started though.

Nasty wreck today. Practicing manuals and couldn’t dump the bike. Looped over straight on my ass and elbow. Nursing my wounds then back at it.

Here’s the whip all cleaned up and adjusted. $90 lightly used and sturdy enough to abuse for a while, and probably resell... or get attached to it and have seven bikes. See you on the boards!

|

1/20/2020 9:25 AM

OhioMike I just turned 48 on Saturday!!!!!! 1972 dude. Wooohoooo. Thanks for posting. Check out the thread all us old guys have been posting in called getting into bmx at 48. It wasn't one I started but reading through it, it gave me a crap ton of hope. I don't ride for long periods of time but I try to go every day if there isn't ice on the road and little by little I'm learning stuff!

virginadoug, that's a cool looking bike. Congrats on that. We need a pic of your 24" GT. I do a 2 mile ride every day on either an old 90's Schwinn MTB, Schwinn cruiser (del mar) or a Murray MTB. All girls. LOL. Someday I'd like to have a cool bike for my normal rides, AND a cool BMX. I read an el cheapy Kent I got for 20 bucks, but Im shopping.

|

1/20/2020 1:36 PM

Thanks. I’ll check out that thread. Glad to see I’ve got several years left in me!
Here the 24” GT pictured with my boy’s 16” Framed.

|

1/20/2020 1:45 PM

VirginiaDoug wrote:

Thanks. I’ll check out that thread. Glad to see I’ve got several years left in me!
Here the 24” GT pictured with my boy’s 16” Framed.

That picture if you didn't tell me, I would have assumed that was a 20" & 26"...

Welcome aboard! (45 young here)

|

1/20/2020 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 6:23 PM

Hi. I'm old and ugly and just bought a 22" (that's 55.88cm to all you euros) bmx bike to replace my childhood General Osborn Hustler Pro. I like puppies, craft beer and long walks on the beach.

Let's be friends, maybe?

BTW kidding on the friend thing, fuck off

|

1/21/2020 8:57 AM

LOL.

Walks on the beach. Funny. But what's with the hostility? Lots of good dudes on here to chat with. Old ones too. LOL.

|

1/21/2020 9:04 AM

No hostility, just playing around. Figured I'd been lurking for awhile was finally time to register.

|

1/21/2020 10:20 AM

urban_broski wrote:

I started riding bmx at 4 years old,as soon as I could ride with training wheels I was jumping twig piles in my backyard haha,but sadly with school and stuff I lacked time to practice and go further
I just started riding again October 2nd of this year,I picked up a new bmx bike to see if I could still do tricks and stuff...and I could!
I'm mainly an urban rider and creative trick type rider...anything unconventional I'll give it a shot Haha
I'm an aspiring professional bmx rider,I've got a deep passion for the sport and would love to go pro...but I'm not fighting for it,I'm just enjoying practicing and having fun
I currently own and ride a Cult Dak Roche V3 based custom and have 2 other bikes as well,a premium products spire custom and a we the people envy custom

Hi to all the newbies that have signed up recently. Have mentioned before, but busted my ankle twice and tore ligaments. So just reading everyone else’s stuff is keeping me going. I was told 6 weeks off work, but I’m self employed so I’ve gone back in 2. Probably pay later but fuck it .

|

1/22/2020 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2020 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear about the injury. Not sure if your wife, if you're married is into this but we use essential oils in our family to help with stuff sometimes. I can figure out which oil is good for healing tissue.... I'm many times amazed at how good some of that stuff works. I use peppermint a lot for a lot of things, among other ones. I've got an old injury from work that makes my ankles pop and aches pretty much every night. And the times I find it really annoying I put peppermint oil on it and it helps. Remember in the old days Ben Gay? LOL. Talk about stinky.

If you're not into that, just forget I said it. But it might help speed up the healing since you're pushing the time frame. What do you do for work?

|

1/22/2020 12:16 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Sorry to hear about the injury. Not sure if your wife, if you're married is into this but we use essential oils in our family to help with stuff sometimes. I can figure out which oil is good for healing tissue.... I'm many times amazed at how good some of that stuff works. I use peppermint a lot for a lot of things, among other ones. I've got an old injury from work that makes my ankles pop and aches pretty much every night. And the times I find it really annoying I put peppermint oil on it and it helps. Remember in the old days Ben Gay? LOL. Talk about stinky.

If you're not into that, just forget I said it. But it might help speed up the healing since you're pushing the time frame. What do you do for work?

Hey thanks for the reply 47. I am using the it never happened method. I’m an electrician and I’m back at work already. Been ok, just taking it a bit easy. I put ice on if it swells, hope to be on bike in a month. The thing is I’ve done this same ankle three times this year and broke twice. It’s where I’ve been trying 360s on box jumps. If I don’t make it my foot and ankle always take the brunt. I try getting my wife to rub in some cream, but that ain’t happening. Later 47

|

1/22/2020 8:21 PM

urban_broski wrote:

winny wrote:

Hi to all the newbies that have signed up recently. Have mentioned before, but busted my ankle twice and tore ligaments. So just reading everyone else’s stuff is keeping me going. I was told 6 weeks off work, but I’m self employed so I’ve gone back in 2. Probably pay later but fuck it .

Damn dude, two broken ankles plus the ligaments? That's a major run of bad luck. Ankles and hands are so damn slow and frustrating to heal, with all the little bones and joints. Best of luck on the mend!

|

1/24/2020 10:20 PM

My name's Quaylan. I roughly have been riding for 6 years now but been on a bike longer than that. I'm currently 22. Seen a lot of ish. Most of that ish happened to me. So I'm more like 26 in my mind. Nice to meet all of you, ladies and gents. Peace out. Oh yeah, I just been working lately tryna maintain. Peace. 🤘🏾🤘🏾🤘🏾

|

"Only the rocks live forever", "So it matters not how LONG you live but HOW?" ~ James A. Michener, The Zealots
Follow me on INSTAGRAM: @scrubbinspeed

2/3/2020 8:31 AM

Hey guys
Just checking in and saying hello
I’m Mark from the south coast of the UK
Totally new to the bmx scene
I’m 41 going on 16 and trying to capture some of the magic I had back then when I was trashing about on them
I have started with a few little projects just to get me started and I’m now starting a couple more
A mid school barracuda trick 1 which is pretty straight forward and when I picked up that bike I also picked up this frame which I’m trying to identify
Anyway not much else to say about myself but I’m just a learner who wants to end up with some nice restored vintage bmx bikes some day
Thanks

|

That rug really tied the room together!