Invictus frame, good? What is it worth?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2016 9:47 AM

So I was walking home one day and I found a frame that had been thrown in the bin. Decided to take it just so I could have a spare. The company makes race frames and it's really light so I thought maybe it would be made of aluminium. The dropouts are really thick like the ones you find on aftermarket frames. Anyone have an idea what material it's made of and if it would be good for street/park riding and how much it's worth? Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

6/17/2016 10:56 AM

Looks to be made of Chromo/HiTen. It looks well-built. If it IS chromoly, I bet it would be a good freestyle frame.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/17/2016 11:04 AM

Just did a Google. It's a British company that make custom frames. You don't often find race frames with mid bb or 14mm dropouts so that would suggest it's a steel freestyle frame. No brake mounts either? If it's definitely an invictus, it won't be worth much really, but could ride nice if you like the geometry. It should be a solid build, but those welds look pretty ratty to me

|

6/17/2016 3:03 PM

Yeah I didn't think too much about the quality of it but I currently have a Hi-ten steel frame and it's 3 years old and so far everything is fine. But I've wanted a slightly longer top tube and smaller stand over so this invictus is perfect. Also with the thick dropouts means that they won't bend when I grind

|