Irony

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2013 5:33 PM

Shout out to all the people who used to give riders shit for using a free coaster. I find it funny how a few pros ride one and it becomes huge but 3 years ago people would say "im a faggot" or "pussy" for riding one ahah. Has anyone else had expierences like this. Were trends start and everyones opinions change.

|

10/22/2013 5:36 PM

Yup same. I wonder how long this will last. I think its funny kids actually spend money and ride shit just "bcuz the proz do". Anywho freecoasters are sweet.

|

10/22/2013 5:48 PM

yup the same thing happened to me the first wheel i got had a coaster and everyone talked shit about it, now they either all have one or want to get one

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/22/2013 6:09 PM

I am quite new to the forum but I do remember this! Most pros would run them for around 2 weeks and then switch back. Most people weren't interested in them and now everyone is asking which one is best! I respect people who run freecoasters because I think it's cool to see people half cab off of stuff and do backwards shit but before if you weren't a pro and you ran a coaster, good luck man! Lol it's funny to see how fast people's opinions can change.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

10/22/2013 6:26 PM

You want irony? Race 1 @ 2 of the monster energy cup.

|

10/22/2013 6:29 PM

Lmao biggybuggy i have no clue what the hell that means but please explain. And glad to see im not the only one with the coaster expierence. And also when handlebars were like 6in rise ahah

|

10/22/2013 6:45 PM

susboi wrote:

Lmao biggybuggy i have no clue what the hell that means but please explain. And glad to see im not the only one with the coaster expierence. And also when handlebars were like 6in rise ahah

I still ride 8. I dont like big bars haha.

|

10/22/2013 7:14 PM

I ride a coaster on street its fun and it don't matter what people say.

|

10/22/2013 7:51 PM

susboi wrote:

So at the monster energy motocross cup. There was three races in one night. If you won all three, you got 1 million dollars. On this years course. There was a split in the track. One road was smooth and continued the track nicely. The other route was rough, hard, and longer. This way was called the joker route. You had to take the joker route at least once. On the last lap, my favorite man and his rival still had not taken the joker route, and my mans rival went, but my man missed it! On the next race, my mans rival missed it like my man had, then the rival proceeded to crash.

|

10/22/2013 8:00 PM

I actually wanted one before they blew up ! I make one thread and everyone presumes I'm a trend whore.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/22/2013 8:11 PM

Wow that really fukin blows @biggybuggy thanks for the explanation by the way haha
And im not saying any one is a trend whore or insulting anyone for following trends. Im just saying for the people who give shit one day and do the same the next. Do what you want lol. Just dont be hypocritical. Im still ridin a coaster 4 pegs and no brakes im the biggest trend whore i guess lmfao. Or maybe i just started one a while ago?

|

10/22/2013 8:13 PM

susboi wrote:

Wow that really fukin blows @biggybuggy thanks for the explanation by the way haha
And im not saying any one is a trend whore or insulting anyone for following trends. Im just saying for the people who give shit one day and do the same the next. Do what you want lol. Just dont be hypocritical. Im still ridin a coaster 4 pegs and no brakes im the biggest trend whore i guess lmfao. Or maybe i just started one a while ago?

I find that half the time trends are a good thing.

|

10/22/2013 8:15 PM

Give an example biggy

|

10/22/2013 8:37 PM

susboi wrote:

Give an example biggy

Trends make company's more money not good for people but the company's YES.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/22/2013 8:41 PM

susboi wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

So at the monster energy motocross cup. There was three races in one night. If you won all three, you got 1 million dollars. On this years course. There was a split in the track. One road was smooth and continued the track nicely. The other route was rough, hard, and longer. This way was called the joker route. You had to take the joker route at least once. On the last lap, my favorite man and his rival still had not taken the joker route, and my mans rival went, but my man missed it! On the next race, my mans rival missed it like my man had, then the rival proceeded to crash.

You are saying "my man" like he is your boyfriend or you have some kind or sexual relationship or something like that. Wtf.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/22/2013 8:43 PM

susboi wrote:

Give an example biggy

Trends can make something more available and improve a part. Even if you can be classified as a trend whore it could end up being a good thing because company's will make better parts. If there were no trends there would be like a million different types of parts and they would all suck because company's would all try to make something different or many different parts instead of focusing on making one or 2 parts the best they can be.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/22/2013 8:47 PM

susboi wrote:

Give an example biggy

Freecoasters, helped.flatland in many ways and gave some street riders to add a more technical touch

Brakeless, improved bike control for many that rode that way.

Tall bars, helped get rid of ma fucking back pain, oh god that sucked. Jk.

|

10/22/2013 8:48 PM

susboi wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

You are saying "my man" like he is your boyfriend or you have some kind or sexual relationship or something like that. Wtf.

Favorite rider, Ryan Dungey.

|

10/23/2013 3:49 AM

I've got a list of about 300 street tricks in my wish list and I'm working my way thru them, when there all done I'll pick up a freecoaster just because I will have learnt everything I wanted to.

But I'm not going to run one just because everyone else is, loving my cassette way too much at the minute.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/23/2013 5:35 AM

susboi wrote:

Give an example biggy

freecoasters.. No matter what flatlanders are gonna run free coasters. Since there's this trend of street riders wanting freecoasters people are making better free coasters. (cult match fc, ezra coaster, eclat coaster, coastersaurus(maybe)) so once this trend passes the technology will still be improved and the riders that will always run freecoasters are gonna have better options. trends usually inspire innovation and when the trend dies down the people that have always followed the trend end up in a better place.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/23/2013 5:46 AM

I remember when 44t sprockets were NORMAL, freewheels did just fine, bikes weighed 40+ lbs, and front brakes were COMMON.

Trends come and go. Just do your thing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2013 1:57 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I remember when 44t sprockets were NORMAL, freewheels did just fine, bikes weighed 40+ lbs, and front brakes were COMMON.

Trends come and go. Just do your thing.

Preach..! Amen to that bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/23/2013 3:38 PM

People who hate on you for reasons like this are fucking retarded and thus their opinions are not even worth considering.

|