Irrational Hatred of Your Own Parts?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2014 4:47 PM

I decided today i hate my frame. There is nothing wrong with it technically, im just bored with it. I have had it for a few months over a year. It's not a bad frame, i think it hinders my progress at this point because i really dont like the longer backend it has. I ride any bike and i can do so much more.

Does anyone get bored with parts?

It may sound bratty or even irritating to hear, but it is the truth. The geo on my frame makes me upset. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 4:50 PM

Yeah, I hate looking at the same thing over and over again, I get bored of it.

|

1/4/2014 4:51 PM

i got bored of a shadow halfling. it was kinda indestructible. i was riding the shadow dsg. and an odyssey mds. so nothing could touch it.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/4/2014 4:54 PM

i hate my cult deharts' walls, one of them is tan, and the other one is brown, it pisses me off somehow haha, and the other thing i hate is my shadow chain, it's gold/brown and it's stretched

|

1/4/2014 4:56 PM

I got bored with my Aitken s2 frame. Nothing wrong with it, it's just outdated.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/4/2014 4:58 PM

Okay haha i thought i might be crazy but i was thinking lately it kinda makes me mad anymore. I'm gonna be running my friends Amber Vaco Frame for a while. Whenever he gets around to getting the Fly Isla Frame. Mainly because I want to learn whips and like most other tricks, that frame is much easier to whip. Haha I like the lower BB, the 75 headtube, and the 7.75 Standover. haha It makes whips nicer and he agreed to hook me up for a bit.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 5:15 PM

Yeah. I bought majority of my bike before I knew shit about parts and geo. I based everything off color, company, and trends.
Ever since I joined vital and learned about shit (which led to a sudden interest in bicycle mechanics/engineering and hours upon hours of research) I decided the parts I owned weren't what I needed. I upgraded to taller, skinnier bars. Shorter offset forks. Shorter reach stem. Bigger crank spindle. And will be getting a frame with the same geo as mine but with a shorter rear end. All of the changes ive made so far have increased my potential so much! Ive been pulling out tricks ive never thought of lately.
My old set up was really boring and average and apparently did stop my progression. Now its definitely got a special feel to me and I feel so much more comfortable on it. I was considering quitting riding because of the problems and struggle to be able to ride. But now that ive got this new geo on my bike, I find it much more worth it and feel stupid for saying I was gonna quit!
But i never get tired of a part really, unless its beginning to fall apart or not work properly. Or just doesnt look good (OCD about a good looking bike.)

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/4/2014 5:22 PM

My kenda kontact tires. And my anodized brown hubs.

|

1/4/2014 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2014 5:59 PM

im bored of my frame. i want something similar but with a slightly different geo. im leaning toward a lacey. simply becasue im interested in the 75.5 headtube angle. plus i haaate my front wheel. its inward laced and rolls forever but it has a shitty paintjob that chips. pisses me off

|

.BITCH YOU WASNT WITH ME SHOOTIN' IN THE GYM!

1/4/2014 6:02 PM

StolenVsSunday wrote:

im bored of my frame. i want something similar but with a slightly different geo. im leaning toward a lacey. simply becasue im interested in the 75.5 headtube angle. plus i haaate my front wheel. its inward laced and rolls forever but it has a shitty paintjob that chips. pisses me off

Why a Lacey? Personally 75.5 is just too much for me. Haha makes my threes scary dipped. I like 75, maybe even 75.3 but that is a stretch for me. haha What frame do you have. Haha I wanna trade if it is something with a shorter rearend.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 6:05 PM

I'm pretty sure in the search for the "Perfect Bike" Everyone has Favourite Riders & even if they don't want to "Bite" Riders Styles You still want to emulate them!.. You have a Bike that Rides NOTHING like Your Favourite Pro's Bike, Looks NOTHING Like Your Favourite Pro's Bike, You begin to Mind Fuck Yourself thinking You cannot Ride Your Bike the way You want to do Tricks like Your Favourite Pro, Even Your Favourite Team or Just Fucking Favourite STYLE Of Riding! IF Your Bike doesn't fit YOUR Image of the Perfect Bike then it will always be shit & not right! I've done it NUMEROUS times & sometimes it DOES work out for the best other times You end up with Parts that might work super well for Your Favourite Pro but absolutely SHIT for You!

|

1/4/2014 6:08 PM

StolenVsSunday wrote:

im bored of my frame. i want something similar but with a slightly different geo. im leaning toward a lacey. simply becasue im interested in the 75.5 headtube angle. plus i haaate my front wheel. its inward laced and rolls forever but it has a shitty paintjob that chips. pisses me off

MaximusBikes wrote:

Why a Lacey? Personally 75.5 is just too much for me. Haha makes my threes scary dipped. I like 75, maybe even 75.3 but that is a stretch for me. haha What frame do you have. Haha I wanna trade if it is something with a shorter rearend.

cult os v2. i heard that the steeper hta helps dial in nose mannys. i already have 13mm offset forks and a 48mm reach stem so the 75.5 might be fun. and yea the rear end is decent. idk i think its 13.55 slammed.

|

.BITCH YOU WASNT WITH ME SHOOTIN' IN THE GYM!

1/4/2014 6:10 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm pretty sure in the search for the "Perfect Bike" Everyone has Favourite Riders & even if they don't want to "Bite" Riders Styles You still want to emulate them!.. You have a Bike that Rides NOTHING like Your Favourite Pro's Bike, Looks NOTHING Like Your Favourite Pro's Bike, You begin to Mind Fuck Yourself thinking You cannot Ride Your Bike the way You want to do Tricks like Your Favourite Pro, Even Your Favourite Team or Just Fucking Favourite STYLE Of Riding! IF Your Bike doesn't fit YOUR Image of the Perfect Bike then it will always be shit & not right! I've done it NUMEROUS times & sometimes it DOES work out for the best other times You end up with Parts that might work super well for Your Favourite Pro but absolutely SHIT for You!

I never try to ride anything like anyone else. Except for maybe certain things Seamus Mckeon does. Oh and i wanna go as high as Dugan, but i never seem to be able to XD haha i tried once to ride like Chase Hawk when i was younger in riding. Then i realized it is better to ride like ME. haha i do stuff how it is comfortable and i like my riding to still look good. Haha

I am just tired of muscling around my frame. Today i got a flat and rode other kid's bikes and i could manny to 180 easy on others and i even could bar cleaner on other kid's bikes. They have nicer geo for sure. I need a short backend i think because it feels sooo much better. and a little steeper headtube (like around 75) haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 6:12 PM

StolenVsSunday wrote:

cult os v2. i heard that the steeper hta helps dial in nose mannys. i already have 13mm offset forks and a 48mm reach stem so the 75.5 might be fun. and yea the rear end is decent. idk i think its 13.55 slammed.

Ehh thats like almost the same, but i would probably still trade you. Haha im pretty broke right now, but i should be getting a job soon. I hope to atleast. I really just want a better frame.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 6:17 PM

I hate my whole bike because none of it works well. All of it is flawed.

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/4/2014 6:26 PM

SickDude wrote:

I hate my whole bike because none of it works well. All of it is flawed.

Lol. Dude just get a new frame and stuff.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 6:31 PM

Im starting to get bored of my stranger frame, it's just a standard geometry with a 21" TT whereas I'm wanting something smaller and tech. I plan on getting a 20.5 Benny L by summer.

|

1/4/2014 6:48 PM

I got bored of my frame, fork and sprocket so I'm gonna get new ones… in a month I will get sick off them again… then I will be broke and can't get new ones.

|

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

1/4/2014 7:04 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

My kenda kontact tires. And my anodized brown hubs.

what hubs?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/4/2014 7:07 PM

I hated plastic pedals the one time I rode them..... Glad I snapped those motherfuckers plastic is for pussies

|

1/4/2014 7:09 PM

Fad3r wrote:

Im starting to get bored of my stranger frame, it's just a standard geometry with a 21" TT whereas I'm wanting something smaller and tech. I plan on getting a 20.5 Benny L by summer.

Honestly, Go with the 20" Top Tube Version!.. It might seem a little intimidating, BUT!.. They are Fucking EPIC!! Honestly one of THE BEST Frames I have EVER rode. I plan on Re-Building My 20" Benny L eventually, I Love That Frame!..

|

1/4/2014 7:25 PM

I hate my seat, it gives my rear pain whenever I sit. Would like to try a fat seat, or maybe the tree ergo.

Would like a different frame. Mine is stock and I liked the feel of my friend's bike, had a shorter rear end. If had money would probably get a wifi, broadcaster, or Irish. Maybe just find another stock frame to fit the geo for cheap.

|

1/4/2014 8:03 PM

Hate my frame. Nothin wrong with it, really a great frame, which is why I'm still riding it. But it's a 21" and I really should be riding a 20.5"-20.75" (ish). Also the rear end is pretty short for riding 4 pegs. Also hate my cranks.

|


Insta: @devicacy

1/4/2014 8:45 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

Hate my frame. Nothin wrong with it, really a great frame, which is why I'm still riding it. But it's a 21" and I really should be riding a 20.5"-20.75" (ish). Also the rear end is pretty short for riding 4 pegs. Also hate my cranks.

I have a 20.75 Federal Renegade, wanna trade? haha what kind is it??? It sounds like exactly what im looking for (21 inch tt, short rearend)

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 8:50 PM

I still don't like my BSD front hub that much cause It just doesn't seem to spin the best. like it spins a lottt better than the one I had before getting it warrantied, but still. kind of a letdown haha.

also hated my Profile stem. don't know why, disliked it so much I got a new stem & didn't care what the specs were to it.


Right now I fucking hate my chain, thing's old & worn but I keep breaking it. No sense in buying a random chain offline cause I'm ordering an Eclat from the shop soon

|

1/4/2014 8:54 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I still don't like my BSD front hub that much cause It just doesn't seem to spin the best. like it spins a lottt better than the one I had before getting it warrantied, but still. kind of a letdown haha.

also hated my Profile stem. don't know why, disliked it so much I got a new stem & didn't care what the specs were to it.


Right now I fucking hate my chain, thing's old & worn but I keep breaking it. No sense in buying a random chain offline cause I'm ordering an Eclat from the shop soon

My friend had a hub that wouldn't spin so he put weights on both sides of his wheel so so it was constantly spinning. This kinda made his hub shell idk a bit wider so it would let the bearings spin. Idk but just try it it works

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/4/2014 9:04 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i got bored of a shadow halfling. it was kinda indestructible. i was riding the shadow dsg. and an odyssey mds. so nothing could touch it.

I need one of those fuckin plastic mud chainguards or whatever that come on kiddy bikes cause I still screw up sometimes on plastic benches and I get chunks of the plastic in my chain while the sprocket is almost unharmed.....

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/4/2014 10:03 PM

the fuck is going on vitalbmx full on retarted threads how the hell do you get bored of your frame one day your looking at it oh it feels perfect but it's just boring better make a thread about it

|

don't overthink it just do it !

1/4/2014 10:16 PM

Fad3r wrote:

Im starting to get bored of my stranger frame, it's just a standard geometry with a 21" TT whereas I'm wanting something smaller and tech. I plan on getting a 20.5 Benny L by summer.

Topsey wrote:

Honestly, Go with the 20" Top Tube Version!.. It might seem a little intimidating, BUT!.. They are Fucking EPIC!! Honestly one of THE BEST Frames I have EVER rode. I plan on Re-Building My 20" Benny L eventually, I Love That Frame!..

I was considering the 20" and I think you've pretty much sold me on the idea now haha. I'm looking for something tight and responsive so i definitely think it would fit the bill. Hopefully I can still find a red 20" by summer.

|

1/4/2014 11:08 PM

I hate riding with topload stems.
i hate looking at my topload stem.

But i love my bars and i like how high it is.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)