Is 8 Feet Enough For A Grind Box?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2014 8:41 PM

Obviously the longer the better, but all the ones I seen for sale are always under 8'

However rather than buy I am going to build one and space is a premium but if 8 feet doesn't get me anything then its not even worth it..

Aso where do yall get the coping from? My Menards and Home Depot aint' have sh*t man... aluminum and all that..

Any other thoughts or input appreciated.. don't have easy access to parks or street ledges near me so going nuts just manualin ALL DAY man..

oNe

|

7/17/2014 9:16 PM

Yeah 8 feet should be a good size and I'm not sure exactly what its called but Home Depot has this decking that is kind of plastic feeling and looks dark brown with a wood grain pretty sure its like recycled plastic or something that you could put on the box it slides really nice. They had this type of wood on for copping on boxes and ledges at an indoor park I went to. Its something like this. thishttp://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-1-in-x-5-1-2-in-x-12-ft-Square-Edge-Composite-Decking-Board-in-Brown-BRDVC-B-12/204995133

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

7/17/2014 10:09 PM

* feet is decent. good for learning stuff... If you want to do super tech stuff it night be a bit to short. like 180 smith cab feeble nose bonk.... or some shit... Go for it...

|

7/17/2014 10:15 PM

WuTrailClan wrote:

Yeah 8 feet should be a good size and I'm not sure exactly what its called but Home Depot has this decking that is kind of ...more

That stuff slides amazing. There's this thing that holds mulch at this one spot, and the edge of it is just like this 10 or 15 foot long part made entirely of that stuff. You hardly have to have any speed at it and you can slide almost the whole thing easily.

Honestly might have to get me some of that & rebuild my own grind box

|

7/17/2014 10:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2014 10:41 PM

Say fuck the grind box build a kicker and a landing and make a 3 piece box jump ....that'll be worth it

|

7/17/2014 11:11 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Say fuck the grind box build a kicker and a landing and make a 3 piece box jump ....that'll be worth it

Reminds of the dumbfuck from yesterday who set up a HUUUUGE kicker and had it go to nowhere. The dude got so much air and nose-dived and just jumped straight off the bike into the grassy ground. Still hurt like I bitch, I assume.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/18/2014 6:36 AM

I've always had 8 foot boxes. Good for learning and having fun while still being slightly portable.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/18/2014 1:13 PM

I actually have a how to on youtube on how to build a grind.box and I actually made a forum post:

Box How To

As for the angle iron, which I mention in my video. You wanna find a local steel place you can get both pieces for less than 30 bucks. Home depot/menards charge like 40 for 6-8 feet.

|

7/18/2014 1:17 PM

Oh hey Phabeon I totally didnt notice you actually posted in that the other day, if you wanna send me an email I can throw together a blue print for you to follow.if youd like and email it to you

|

7/18/2014 7:05 PM

ifufanu wrote:

Oh hey Phabeon I totally didnt notice you actually posted in that the other day, if you wanna send me an email I can throw ...more

haha, yeah, I have been re-reading that post for some time now.. very awesome! (for some reason youtube no longer works on my XP windows computer, something about java, but i'm on ie6 and cannot update past that).

Not sure how to email you so I sent you a private message..

let me know!

really appreciate it!

oNe

|

7/18/2014 7:18 PM

Yes

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/20/2014 7:40 AM

ifufanu wrote:

Oh hey Phabeon I totally didnt notice you actually posted in that the other day, if you wanna send me an email I can throw ...more

Phabeon wrote:

haha, yeah, I have been re-reading that post for some time now.. very awesome! (for some reason youtube no longer works on my ...more

Get google chrome, or firefox.

IE is AWFUL.

I run Chrome on my XP laptop and it still works. It's old and slow, but it works.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2014 8:04 AM

8 ft is a good start. its a little short for my taste but you can still shred all day long on a short box like that. if you decide you want more box then you can always build onto it. as far as coping... you might be able to get away with a chainlink fence post. i think they are sold in lengths of 8 ft. the only prob is after a few years it will have alot of dents lol. you could also go with angle iron or have some REAL pipe cut for you at lowes hardware. hope this helps...

|

i ride to stay young

7/20/2014 10:37 AM

if you have any kind of steel yards or fabrication shops or anything like that you can get metal there a LOT longer and a LOT cheaper, or so ive heard.

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

7/20/2014 12:11 PM

Use angle iron, usually home depot or any hardware store will have it and its pretty cheap

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin