Is Eastern a good company?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2018 7:46 PM

Just in general are they a good quality and reputable company? I found some stuff but it was all outdated and things can change. I plan on buying a bike from them and obviously I’ve never had any experience with eastern. So tell me your thoughts.

|

6/10/2018 7:50 PM

Ya man. Eastern's fine! The Eastern Shovelhead is really nice complete!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/10/2018 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2018 7:56 PM

What Jake said. They've been around for years.

Are you sure you don't really live in Kentucky?

|

6/10/2018 8:07 PM

jbales wrote:

Umm...? I’m pretty sure yeah. ?

|

6/10/2018 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2018 10:56 PM

They where in Dave Mirra’s Freestyle bmx , if they’re still around I can’t imagine they suck

|

6/10/2018 10:59 PM

Yes, they make quality products and back all theor products with excellent customer service!

|

6/10/2018 11:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 12:05 AM

Not for me personally but I only heard bad things about their stuff a few years ago.
I worded this a bit strange I meant that I haven't heard any bad stuff recently.

|

Hmmm

6/11/2018 4:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 5:38 AM

I think their quality is good across the board. But, you get what you pay for. Obviously, the cheaper the bike, the cheaper they have to make stuff in order to maintain profit margin (that goes with pretty much any company). So, the Traildigger won't be as good as the Shovelhead. The Shovelhead won't be as nice as the Natural. Just like hi tens won't be as good as chromoly. Buy as much (quality) bike as you can afford & don't fall into the brand name trap. Just because it says "Sunday" or "Fit" on it doesn't guaranty the best deal. Likewise, a no-name brand is not necessarily a great deal despite great sounding specs. You will have to do some research. Lastly, as stated earlier, Eastern developed a bit of a bad rep (i'd say 10 years ago) when the industry was trying to reduce the weight of bikes. In some cases, Eastern went a little far & had some frame problems. Those are a thing of the past, I believe. So, if you are looking at a used Eastern, be sure you know how old it is and keep in mind some companies change their lineups from year to year. For instance the 2017 Traildigger frame isn't full chromoly, while the 2018 Traildigger frame is full chromoly.

|

6/11/2018 4:34 AM

jbales wrote:

Exactly...

|

6/11/2018 5:05 AM

Hum... Eastern is here since years but it doesn't make it better than another company, it's just like any other standard great brand, they did many shitty lightweight stuffs years ago which is why there are "bad" other than that their products designs and colors are ugly af but that's just me.

|

6/11/2018 5:39 AM

They make solid stuff. Their low end stuff is just that, and back in the day kids thought they were bad when they bought a sub 4 lb frame (Grim Reaper) in the era of hardly any being sub 5.5 lbs that legit came with a "Not for heavy street use" warning, ignored it and broke it.

Side note: Back then, street was not foot tall ledges and jib stuff. It was rails, drops, stairs and anything else you could ride. (See things Van Homan does-most people rode stuff in a similar manner but less awesome if that makes sense).

I ran a Journey frame for a couple years, sold it to a buddy who STILL HAS IT. I got it in like 2011/2012. They had Eric Holley on the team (look him up, you won't be disappointed).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/11/2018 7:02 AM

I weep for the future.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/11/2018 7:18 AM

I hear their good I've been pushing my friend to get a shovel head since he's looking for a fresh bike

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

6/11/2018 7:33 AM

bmx. wrote:

Just in general are they a good quality and reputable company? I found some stuff but it was all outdated and things can ...more

From my personal experience, I bought a 2017 Shovelhead. It was built well, with quality welds and the parts list was hard to beat. At the time, nobody could touch that deal at that price. From a customer service standpoint, I have had several dealings with them & they have ALWAYS come thru.

|

6/12/2018 8:57 AM

eskimojay wrote:

They where in Dave Mirra’s Freestyle bmx , if they’re still around I can’t imagine they suck

I still play part 2 all the time.

|

6/12/2018 9:27 AM

eskimojay wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I still play part 2 all the time.

Early in the mornin', risin' to the street...
Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet...

|

6/23/2018 4:15 PM

My homie Trey rides for them. He hasn't had a problem with any of their products. he actually ride a stock complete since Eastern is his only sponsor.

|

6/29/2018 11:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

They make solid stuff. Their low end stuff is just that, and back in the day kids thought they were bad when they bought a sub ...more

I still have my journey as well!

|