Is There A Parts List For Building A Bike Piece By Piece?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2016 2:14 PM

WaTTuP my party peoples..

A niNja done came up..

I am at a point in my life where I can put together a bike part by part, in other words, LIVE out my dream....

....and $$$ ain't a thang!

aka I'm not limited by financial constraints, sky is the limit.

HOWEVER that don't mean I'ma just blow $$ on it like a teenage arab, as again its been my dream for years and years to put together a bike part by part so I want to do it right and proper. Otherwise I would just by a complete Soundwave for $999 and call it a day..

Thats where yall come in.. looking for some input/advise in putting together my bike.

1. Is there a bike parts list, that has every single part I will need part by part?

2. Looking for any feedback and suggestions on putting this joint together.

3. I'm 5'8" and 200lbs(and dropping) and would like it to be majority dark grey with hints of purple here and there ala Skywarp of the Decepticonz

I have Backwoodz for days, ready to do this.

let me know..

oNe

|

2/19/2016 2:46 PM

I don't know what half of that means.

You should probably just go to www.albes.com OR www.danscomp.com OR www.empire.com and pick parts and build something up.

There is not just a random list that has everything, and not every brand has those colors.

Aim for as much chromoly as you can (frame fork bars cranks) double wall rims, and sealed bearings.

Also based on your statement, I would suggest brakes, because I don't get the feeling you have a lot of BMX experience.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/19/2016 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2016 3:05 PM

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

2/19/2016 3:13 PM

Skywarp was one of my favourite's, shockwave was my favourite though. Purples not really my colour, but they were both badasses. I had the fanstoys quakewave, and wanted the takara masterpiece skywarp, but never got it because they never released him in the mp11 mold. Takara are releasing an mp shockwave soon and I'm very tempted to get back into collecting. I still have most of my comics, and handed quite a few of the toys down to my son....

As Dave said though. Browse some online stores for parts you might want, compare the spec with other parts you like the look of. Spec is much more important than colour though, but most parts come in a variety. I usually stick with a couple of brands when I build a bike, so everything matches a bit more (and ocd). So you could pick a couple of brands and get most of your parts from them (ie, mutiny do pretty much every bike part you'll need, then odyssey for the parts that mutiny don't make)

|

2/19/2016 3:36 PM

go to the bike check section where people have every part on their bike listed. that's everything you need

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

2/19/2016 6:41 PM

Yes there is it's simple
Step 1-buy a complete
Step 2-break parts
Step 3-replace broken parts
Eventually you will get a custom
Just takes Time and patience

|

2/19/2016 7:11 PM

stop rollin them backwoods and get a high end complete and replace parts when needed.

|

2/21/2016 1:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Yes there is it's simple
Step 1-buy a complete
Step 2-break parts

Haha basically what I'm doing this year. First time buying a complete.

|

2/21/2016 1:45 PM

You could go to dans comp and just go down the list adding parts to your wish list. That's what I always do.

|

2/21/2016 5:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2016 6:01 PM

Speak English not ghetto

|

2/22/2016 5:29 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Yes there is it's simple
Step 1-buy a complete
Step 2-break parts

THIS

it probably would be cheaper too, maybe...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/22/2016 7:36 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Skywarp was one of my favourite's, shockwave was my favourite though. Purples not really my colour, but they were both badasses. I had the fanstoys quakewave, and wanted the takara masterpiece skywarp, but never got it because they never released him in the mp11 mold. Takara are releasing an mp shockwave soon and I'm very tempted to get back into collecting. I still have most of my comics, and handed quite a few of the toys down to my son....

As Dave said though. Browse some online stores for parts you might want, compare the spec with other parts you like the look of. Spec is much more important than colour though, but most parts come in a variety. I usually stick with a couple of brands when I build a bike, so everything matches a bit more (and ocd). So you could pick a couple of brands and get most of your parts from them (ie, mutiny do pretty much every bike part you'll need, then odyssey for the parts that mutiny don't make)

^^^ this guy gets it!!!

how old's your lil guy? mine's 3 and way too soon to even look at any MP, haha..

|

2/22/2016 7:44 AM

Haha, he's 7 now, he got into transformers when he was 4 but isn't that bothered anymore. He's still got all the toys though. I let him play with quakewave a couple of times under strict supervision, but I didn't let him touch the other mp's, they were too fragile but quakewave is built like a tank

|

2/22/2016 9:16 AM

Dave lawrence

I don't know what half of that means.

haha, My apologies, after riding for the 1st time in months I was coming off an insane high, couple that with it being Friday, and on top of that it was 50 after weeks of single digit readings..To top it off I was 5mins away from freedom, i.e. getting off work and well lets jus say i was on CLOUD 9.

Its Monday and I am bit more calm and collected now, plus my wrist injury from that thursday night session has still not healed so thats a sobering wake up call.

To clarify, I am not rich but I do have more $$ now than 5yrs ago, PLUS I currently ride an almost new 2012 Kink Apex bike(thank you craigslist) and I have as a spare a 2012 Kink Gap. Was hoping to sell the Apex and Gap and bring in around $300-400 towards the bike build.

However in hindsight there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Apex, probably has years of riding left on it.. So I hear what your all saying, start with a complete and build out from there..

But Heres where I'm coming from:

- Its always been my dream to put a bike together part by part, you know make that ish my very own!!
- after 10+ years of riding(off/on) I feel some kind of way STILL riding a complete bike with the company stickers and fashion matching theme going on.. maybe its a pride thing but yeah, that feelings there..
- I feel like my time is slippin, its NOW or never man.. feel like I may only have a few years of riding left in me.

I guess I can make my own list and price it out and d@m who knows, the TOTAL end price tag alone might scare me off.. haha.

Arrigato my homies.. guess I just need to think it ALL out loud and have yall sounding off did help!

oNe

|

2/22/2016 10:37 AM

Just buy parts as you go, whether you need them or they just take your fancy. You've got years left in you yet. I don't know your age but I just turned 35 and don't plan on stopping til my body can't take it (it's getting close sad)

|

2/22/2016 10:42 AM

You only have as much time as your body can handle, could be a few years, could be decades. Depends on YOU.

I am 30 and still going after over 16 years on the bike. I am slower, but still going. I just changed my setup to something a little more suited to what I want to do (front brakes, gyro, coaster 2 pegs).

As to the bike, honestly you could pick stuff, make a list, and then post it here, and most people will aid you what may or may not need changing for compatibility or quality based on their experience.

Aim for FULL Chromoly frame, fork bars and cranks
Double wall rims WELDED SEAM
Sealed bearings.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura