Is Van Homan Street.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2018 2:15 PM

Is Van Homan Street.

View Results

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

5/31/2018 2:28 PM

No poll can tell me he does not ride street

|

Hmmm

5/31/2018 2:32 PM

He occasionally rides skateparks. But so did Edwin.........

|

5/31/2018 3:17 PM


|

5/31/2018 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 7:24 PM

Lord help us we are going to be flooded with polls...

So while I won’t be clicking the poll. I have seen Van go from unknown to where he is today. And while he is a true street rider, not even a question. I mean go watch a video like Chriminal Mischief or similar. Who is doing a gap from a 2 story building to 50/50 over even now? Van is. But, don’t let how great and crazy his street is fool you. He can ride dirt with the best of them and is pretty good as a park rider too. And if I remember right, he was not bad at racing either. He is one of the few anymore left that excelled at all parts of BMX. Youtube has a great video if you want to watch that he goes over everything he has done. Even his dad and grandfather are in it. They use to race drag boats. If I remember right it is a Bell helmet video

Here is the link



And this is just WORTH watching
|

5/31/2018 7:44 PM

Not if he rides without a hat that falls off...

|

5/31/2018 8:37 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Not if he rides without a hat that falls off...

Exactly this.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/31/2018 8:51 PM

The real poll should be does Garrett Renyols deserve all the “street machine” talk he gets?

I can count 3 contests that in all honesty he should have been top 2-3 but not won. I mean fakie to whip to bar...nice. Wedge gap to crooked to whip to hard 3 bar (that was the 2 big tricks of 2 riders) nice. But if you think in your head which line would look best. The gap wins, the announcers exploded and the judges stood up and clapped (dropping the clipboards). Yet somehow seeing it was best run and even with a goof in his run...guess who won?

Deserved IMO no.

|

5/31/2018 8:52 PM

it's called Freestyle.

|

5/31/2018 9:21 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Not if he rides without a hat that falls off...

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Exactly this.

Beanie???

*cough *cough Bruno Hoffman Vans Video *cough *cough

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

6/1/2018 3:36 AM

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

6/1/2018 4:34 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

|

6/1/2018 7:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

Street to me always mean anything other than parks or Dirt. So if you're not in an enclosed space made for BMX or in a Space full of dirt jumps then it's Street. Because you're riding THE STREET, I think even the word 'street' has fucked this up because it's cool to be a "badass street mothafucka" so they immediately jump on the label.

|

6/1/2018 7:36 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

And "real BMX" Is about doing whatever the fuck you want on a bike.

|

Hmmm

6/1/2018 8:04 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

Edman123 wrote:

And "real BMX" Is about doing whatever the fuck you want on a bike.

Pretty much this. People get too caught up on labels; you do you and let everyone else do whatever the fuck they want. I ride everything I get the chance to but if somebody wants to limit themselves and the fun they can have on their bikes, I'll just leave them to it; it's none of my business.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/1/2018 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2018 8:25 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

Couldn't have said it better Steve, exactly this! Street is all about riding shit that ain't meant to be ridden! I don't call myself a street rider or a park rider, I call myself, a BMX rider

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/1/2018 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2018 11:00 AM

That is how I ride. I don’t stick to 1 thing, hell if I am in the mood I will go to the track and practice or even race. Saying that you ride 1 thing or 2 at most is limiting your riding. You get better by being well rounded in all parts of BMX than sticking to 1 thing.

When I started riding in the 80’s (yes I’m 43) even though I mainly raced. I still hit the trails, did gaps and drops. It was before pegs were for anything but flatland. Oh, and I rode flat some too. And every rider did it too. Most of the time once a month at the track they had leftover clay in a huge mound. They carved in a few lips and made it a dirt box jump. And had contests for free food at the track, parts, shirts and more. Now, most people that race probably can’t do anything besides the basic 1 hander, 1 footer, table and a few other things. Back then, people tried whips, 3’s and more ( that was extreme then it was around 92).

So a true rider indeed can ride anything they see and want to hit up. And I honestly think that if you have never raced and have a track near you. Pay the practice fee and try it. Yes they will require brakes and peg removal. But, don’t be shocked if you normally ride street and suddenly start going to the track to ride “dirt kinda” and use it as a pump track. And then start wondering if you have trails around. But, you will notice that when you ride street after a few trips to the track or trails. You will have new bike handling skills and be better than before. TRY IT and thank me for the idea in a month or so if you do.

EDIT;
50% think Van is not street? Really? I guess you have never seen him ride. He is a beast, the contest riders can’t touch him. And that’s a fact. Like it or not it’s a true statement.

|

6/1/2018 11:22 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

That is how I ride. I don’t stick to 1 thing, hell if I am in the mood I will go to the track and practice or even race. Saying that you ride 1 thing or 2 at most is limiting your riding. You get better by being well rounded in all parts of BMX than sticking to 1 thing.

When I started riding in the 80’s (yes I’m 43) even though I mainly raced. I still hit the trails, did gaps and drops. It was before pegs were for anything but flatland. Oh, and I rode flat some too. And every rider did it too. Most of the time once a month at the track they had leftover clay in a huge mound. They carved in a few lips and made it a dirt box jump. And had contests for free food at the track, parts, shirts and more. Now, most people that race probably can’t do anything besides the basic 1 hander, 1 footer, table and a few other things. Back then, people tried whips, 3’s and more ( that was extreme then it was around 92).

So a true rider indeed can ride anything they see and want to hit up. And I honestly think that if you have never raced and have a track near you. Pay the practice fee and try it. Yes they will require brakes and peg removal. But, don’t be shocked if you normally ride street and suddenly start going to the track to ride “dirt kinda” and use it as a pump track. And then start wondering if you have trails around. But, you will notice that when you ride street after a few trips to the track or trails. You will have new bike handling skills and be better than before. TRY IT and thank me for the idea in a month or so if you do.

EDIT;
50% think Van is not street? Really? I guess you have never seen him ride. He is a beast, the contest riders can’t touch him. And that’s a fact. Like it or not it’s a true statement.

Both options are 'No'; there is no good option.

I really wish we had a racetrack here; racing looks like so much fun! Unfortunately, city councillors are extremely conservative here and not open to spending money on things like racetracks(or any youth facility that doesn't already exist, if any at all). It's such a depressing shithole to live in, if you're into anything besides soccer, the various GAA sports, MTB, road cycling and/or getting shitfaced at every possible opportunity.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/1/2018 11:23 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST WEED AND 4 PEGS BOIIIII

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/1/2018 11:41 AM

Van is a BMX rider.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

6/1/2018 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2018 11:46 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I hate this street none street fucking bullshit. People who call themselves street or park riders, are instantly bell ends tbh. Just ride BMX, ride everything.

Which Van Homan does just that, and so do other TOP riders.

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST WEED AND 4 PEGS BOIIIII

Pegs are for idiots that like to hurt themselves all the time.

|

6/1/2018 2:09 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pegs are for idiots that like to hurt themselves all the time.

gg allin isnt punk.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/1/2018 3:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've noticed most "street" riders spend most of their time nibbling a low ledge in a skatepark anyway. 4 pegs, big bars, freecoaster, and can barely hop. All they do is grinds with plastic pegs and smoke weed. And they rarely land anything nicely.
"real street" is about exploring, and finding a way to ride something that isn't designed to be ridden. Which van homan has done more than his fare share of.
I'd call myself a street rider because skateparks bore me most of the time. And trails are scary. So I pretty much only ride street. But at the end of the day, it's all bmx, and it's all freestyle

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST WEED AND 4 PEGS BOIIIII

Bulletpup wrote:

Pegs are for idiots that like to hurt themselves all the time.

I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and the only time I have gotten hurt minus the scuffed up hand/s and stuff like that (and that’s not often). Is when I didn’t run pegs and broke my wrist jumping a set of doubles.

And to whoever said the thing about 4 pegs and weed. Yes, I do have a huge problem with that. Not the pegs, the weed. Legal or not if you are a pro and ride for a company who makes signature parts with your name on it. They put you in videos little kids see. You should act like any other person doing a 9-5 job. Why? I don’t care what people do with their own time and life. That’s up to them and it’s not causing me problems. But, you know that just as many people support weed as don’t. So, when you represent a company you should be doing it in a way that attracted more attention of the positive version. No being high and making people who feel it’s wrong to do any type drug pull support away from the brand you work for. Yes it is harder now than in the past due to the net. But, you can always not post anything about riding when you’re smoking or clearly high.

And even if you aren’t a pro who is paid. Ever wonder why many cities and towns are so against BMX and skateboarding? Because all parents see is punk kids getting high. So, no they are not going to build a park and yes the police will be all over you if you do anything wrong. I have been given a ticket for crossing an empty parking lot at 9pm. I was told I was trespassing on private property. Who can I thank for that? The 2 skaters in the same place 2 days before getting high. Seeing weed is not legal in the area and when asked to leave they decided to just kinda ignore the cop 5 times. He had to threaten to arrest them to get them to leave.

So now when I wonder if it is worth it to try to get a better quality area to ride or not get a ticket for being in a freaking parking lot (with lights after dark). I have to remember that 1/2 feels it’s wrong and unless either you don’t display it in public...they aren’t going to ever listen to me or a group of people. Don’t put the sport in a bad light and then they might help out. I am always cool to the police and they somewhat know who I am. So, they let me get away with stuff like trails or riding ledges in places now. But if a few put it in a bad light again then I might not be able to still do it.

|

6/1/2018 3:21 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST WEED AND 4 PEGS BOIIIII

Bulletpup wrote:

Pegs are for idiots that like to hurt themselves all the time.

Gack2000 wrote:

I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and the only time I have gotten hurt minus the scuffed up hand/s and stuff like that (and that’s not often). Is when I didn’t run pegs and broke my wrist jumping a set of doubles.

And to whoever said the thing about 4 pegs and weed. Yes, I do have a huge problem with that. Not the pegs, the weed. Legal or not if you are a pro and ride for a company who makes signature parts with your name on it. They put you in videos little kids see. You should act like any other person doing a 9-5 job. Why? I don’t care what people do with their own time and life. That’s up to them and it’s not causing me problems. But, you know that just as many people support weed as don’t. So, when you represent a company you should be doing it in a way that attracted more attention of the positive version. No being high and making people who feel it’s wrong to do any type drug pull support away from the brand you work for. Yes it is harder now than in the past due to the net. But, you can always not post anything about riding when you’re smoking or clearly high.

And even if you aren’t a pro who is paid. Ever wonder why many cities and towns are so against BMX and skateboarding? Because all parents see is punk kids getting high. So, no they are not going to build a park and yes the police will be all over you if you do anything wrong. I have been given a ticket for crossing an empty parking lot at 9pm. I was told I was trespassing on private property. Who can I thank for that? The 2 skaters in the same place 2 days before getting high. Seeing weed is not legal in the area and when asked to leave they decided to just kinda ignore the cop 5 times. He had to threaten to arrest them to get them to leave.

So now when I wonder if it is worth it to try to get a better quality area to ride or not get a ticket for being in a freaking parking lot (with lights after dark). I have to remember that 1/2 feels it’s wrong and unless either you don’t display it in public...they aren’t going to ever listen to me or a group of people. Don’t put the sport in a bad light and then they might help out. I am always cool to the police and they somewhat know who I am. So, they let me get away with stuff like trails or riding ledges in places now. But if a few put it in a bad light again then I might not be able to still do it.

You have seen my bikes havent you? Lol

|

6/1/2018 3:22 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST WEED AND 4 PEGS BOIIIII

Bulletpup wrote:

Pegs are for idiots that like to hurt themselves all the time.

Gack2000 wrote:

I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and the only time I have gotten hurt minus the scuffed up hand/s and stuff like that (and that’s not often). Is when I didn’t run pegs and broke my wrist jumping a set of doubles.

And to whoever said the thing about 4 pegs and weed. Yes, I do have a huge problem with that. Not the pegs, the weed. Legal or not if you are a pro and ride for a company who makes signature parts with your name on it. They put you in videos little kids see. You should act like any other person doing a 9-5 job. Why? I don’t care what people do with their own time and life. That’s up to them and it’s not causing me problems. But, you know that just as many people support weed as don’t. So, when you represent a company you should be doing it in a way that attracted more attention of the positive version. No being high and making people who feel it’s wrong to do any type drug pull support away from the brand you work for. Yes it is harder now than in the past due to the net. But, you can always not post anything about riding when you’re smoking or clearly high.

And even if you aren’t a pro who is paid. Ever wonder why many cities and towns are so against BMX and skateboarding? Because all parents see is punk kids getting high. So, no they are not going to build a park and yes the police will be all over you if you do anything wrong. I have been given a ticket for crossing an empty parking lot at 9pm. I was told I was trespassing on private property. Who can I thank for that? The 2 skaters in the same place 2 days before getting high. Seeing weed is not legal in the area and when asked to leave they decided to just kinda ignore the cop 5 times. He had to threaten to arrest them to get them to leave.

So now when I wonder if it is worth it to try to get a better quality area to ride or not get a ticket for being in a freaking parking lot (with lights after dark). I have to remember that 1/2 feels it’s wrong and unless either you don’t display it in public...they aren’t going to ever listen to me or a group of people. Don’t put the sport in a bad light and then they might help out. I am always cool to the police and they somewhat know who I am. So, they let me get away with stuff like trails or riding ledges in places now. But if a few put it in a bad light again then I might not be able to still do it.

Sounds more like a cultural problem than a drug issue.
The "war on drugs" was just a way to make money from private prisons and it left an huge ugly scar on society.

|

Hmmm

6/1/2018 3:24 PM

You're not street unless you throw your bike as far as possible or to the ground as hard as you can after failed attempts.

|

6/1/2018 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2018 4:10 PM

Gack2000 wrote:
I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and ...

Don't blame the weed over some dumb kids come on man, where's the same post about alcohol? plenty of riders LOVE drinking and ride with a bottle in their pocket even. If a company is cool with a rider who smokes marijuana and shows that in videos and such then that's ok. It's not up to these companies to Parent your children, it's not there job to censor and monitor everything to make it suitable for you. If you're a parent and you don't want your kid watching Brandon Begin smoke a blunt then be a parent and don't let them watch that type of content. it's not up to the companies, the riders, or anyone else to stop doing what you don't like, just don't watch the videos.

|

6/1/2018 5:03 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

That is how I ride. I don’t stick to 1 thing, hell if I am in the mood I will go to the track and practice or even race. Saying that you ride 1 thing or 2 at most is limiting your riding. You get better by being well rounded in all parts of BMX than sticking to 1 thing.

When I started riding in the 80’s (yes I’m 43) even though I mainly raced. I still hit the trails, did gaps and drops. It was before pegs were for anything but flatland. Oh, and I rode flat some too. And every rider did it too. Most of the time once a month at the track they had leftover clay in a huge mound. They carved in a few lips and made it a dirt box jump. And had contests for free food at the track, parts, shirts and more. Now, most people that race probably can’t do anything besides the basic 1 hander, 1 footer, table and a few other things. Back then, people tried whips, 3’s and more ( that was extreme then it was around 92).

So a true rider indeed can ride anything they see and want to hit up. And I honestly think that if you have never raced and have a track near you. Pay the practice fee and try it. Yes they will require brakes and peg removal. But, don’t be shocked if you normally ride street and suddenly start going to the track to ride “dirt kinda” and use it as a pump track. And then start wondering if you have trails around. But, you will notice that when you ride street after a few trips to the track or trails. You will have new bike handling skills and be better than before. TRY IT and thank me for the idea in a month or so if you do.

EDIT;
50% think Van is not street? Really? I guess you have never seen him ride. He is a beast, the contest riders can’t touch him. And that’s a fact. Like it or not it’s a true statement.

p1p1092 wrote:

Both options are 'No'; there is no good option.

I really wish we had a racetrack here; racing looks like so much fun! Unfortunately, city councillors are extremely conservative here and not open to spending money on things like racetracks(or any youth facility that doesn't already exist, if any at all). It's such a depressing shithole to live in, if you're into anything besides soccer, the various GAA sports, MTB, road cycling and/or getting shitfaced at every possible opportunity.

I would suggest trying mountain bikes. Even if you didn’t switch it is a blast. I raced them for 2yrs my slight break from BMX after a knee surgery. And enduro and downhill are fun as hell

|

6/1/2018 5:27 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:
I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and ...

Don't blame the weed over some dumb kids come on man, where's the same post about alcohol? plenty of riders LOVE drinking and ride with a bottle in their pocket even. If a company is cool with a rider who smokes marijuana and shows that in videos and such then that's ok. It's not up to these companies to Parent your children, it's not there job to censor and monitor everything to make it suitable for you. If you're a parent and you don't want your kid watching Brandon Begin smoke a blunt then be a parent and don't let them watch that type of content. it's not up to the companies, the riders, or anyone else to stop doing what you don't like, just don't watch the videos.

Key words in that were respect the sport in public positivity. Do what you want at home.

And some companies do keep stuff clean. Yes, parents are in the end responsible. But, I went to a city meeting a few years ago. Only reason was because, 20 of us went, to go over a plan that had been submitted for a very nice park. And the second question was “Who should we build something for you or the group that have been arrested for drugs and alcohol who have been at the current park we did build?” That question told us that they were going to likely scrap the idea. We answered that that was a small group and not who would mainly be at the park. Well, after an hour of talking to them with the lawyer we had hired. They brought a cop in who informed them that police are not staffed enough to patrol yet another (this was his words) “another spot that is infested with drugs”. Soon as he left, they said they would have to consider it at another meeting and we would be notified about it in a month or two...5yrs later nothing at all has happened.

So, yes it is a good point about compines. However, BMX use to in the era I started. And it was HUGE everyone wanted a bike. And Mirra too helped make it even bigger. At that time many didn’t know Mirra smoked pot, and many say cole...because he didn’t do it in front of everybody. Listen to Harry Main talk about Dave and remember Dave was a sponsor of Harrys when he was starting. And it’s clear that he is not rubbing his nose due to allergies. He talks about having so much fun when he rode Mirras warehouse. But the guys who were riding for Dave didn’t do anything in public either. So IMO both riders and parents should do better on what is seen. And then maybe the kids that never had a park or trails would get them.

|

6/1/2018 6:12 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

That is how I ride. I don’t stick to 1 thing, hell if I am in the mood I will go to the track and practice or even race. Saying that you ride 1 thing or 2 at most is limiting your riding. You get better by being well rounded in all parts of BMX than sticking to 1 thing.

When I started riding in the 80’s (yes I’m 43) even though I mainly raced. I still hit the trails, did gaps and drops. It was before pegs were for anything but flatland. Oh, and I rode flat some too. And every rider did it too. Most of the time once a month at the track they had leftover clay in a huge mound. They carved in a few lips and made it a dirt box jump. And had contests for free food at the track, parts, shirts and more. Now, most people that race probably can’t do anything besides the basic 1 hander, 1 footer, table and a few other things. Back then, people tried whips, 3’s and more ( that was extreme then it was around 92).

So a true rider indeed can ride anything they see and want to hit up. And I honestly think that if you have never raced and have a track near you. Pay the practice fee and try it. Yes they will require brakes and peg removal. But, don’t be shocked if you normally ride street and suddenly start going to the track to ride “dirt kinda” and use it as a pump track. And then start wondering if you have trails around. But, you will notice that when you ride street after a few trips to the track or trails. You will have new bike handling skills and be better than before. TRY IT and thank me for the idea in a month or so if you do.

EDIT;
50% think Van is not street? Really? I guess you have never seen him ride. He is a beast, the contest riders can’t touch him. And that’s a fact. Like it or not it’s a true statement.

p1p1092 wrote:

Both options are 'No'; there is no good option.

I really wish we had a racetrack here; racing looks like so much fun! Unfortunately, city councillors are extremely conservative here and not open to spending money on things like racetracks(or any youth facility that doesn't already exist, if any at all). It's such a depressing shithole to live in, if you're into anything besides soccer, the various GAA sports, MTB, road cycling and/or getting shitfaced at every possible opportunity.

Gack2000 wrote:

I would suggest trying mountain bikes. Even if you didn’t switch it is a blast. I raced them for 2yrs my slight break from BMX after a knee surgery. And enduro and downhill are fun as hell

I got a nice hardtail back in March to start hitting some of the local MTB stuff(some of which is pretty cool). There's so many trails and natural descents around here, I'm a little spoiled for choice. It'll be a while before I'm comfortable hitting a trail though, as I've been recovering from a deltoid ligament snap since January.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson