Is Van Homan Street.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2018 8:54 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:
I run 2 pegs I’m 43 and ...

Don't blame the weed over some dumb kids come on man, where's the same post about alcohol? plenty of riders LOVE drinking and ride with a bottle in their pocket even. If a company is cool with a rider who smokes marijuana and shows that in videos and such then that's ok. It's not up to these companies to Parent your children, it's not there job to censor and monitor everything to make it suitable for you. If you're a parent and you don't want your kid watching Brandon Begin smoke a blunt then be a parent and don't let them watch that type of content. it's not up to the companies, the riders, or anyone else to stop doing what you don't like, just don't watch the videos.

Gack2000 wrote:

Key words in that were respect the sport in public positivity. Do what you want at home.

And some companies do keep stuff clean. Yes, parents are in the end responsible. But, I went to a city meeting a few years ago. Only reason was because, 20 of us went, to go over a plan that had been submitted for a very nice park. And the second question was “Who should we build something for you or the group that have been arrested for drugs and alcohol who have been at the current park we did build?” That question told us that they were going to likely scrap the idea. We answered that that was a small group and not who would mainly be at the park. Well, after an hour of talking to them with the lawyer we had hired. They brought a cop in who informed them that police are not staffed enough to patrol yet another (this was his words) “another spot that is infested with drugs”. Soon as he left, they said they would have to consider it at another meeting and we would be notified about it in a month or two...5yrs later nothing at all has happened.

So, yes it is a good point about compines. However, BMX use to in the era I started. And it was HUGE everyone wanted a bike. And Mirra too helped make it even bigger. At that time many didn’t know Mirra smoked pot, and many say cole...because he didn’t do it in front of everybody. Listen to Harry Main talk about Dave and remember Dave was a sponsor of Harrys when he was starting. And it’s clear that he is not rubbing his nose due to allergies. He talks about having so much fun when he rode Mirras warehouse. But the guys who were riding for Dave didn’t do anything in public either. So IMO both riders and parents should do better on what is seen. And then maybe the kids that never had a park or trails would get them.

Dude, your city sounds like it associates anything fun with drugs and crime. But honestly expecting pro riders to say “No” to drugs? Keep in mind that these are guys who take 5 seconds to extend their 2-week-Californian-vacation into 6 years.

But I know what you mean about the image of it, and there are people already doing that. For every Brandon Begin, theres like 10 riders that blaze and shut up about it.

|

6/1/2018 10:03 PM

im tryna give drugs to yo kids
|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/1/2018 10:21 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Dude, your city sounds like it associates anything fun with drugs and crime. But honestly expecting pro riders to say “No” to drugs? Keep in mind that these are guys who take 5 seconds to extend their 2-week-Californian-vacation into 6 years.

But I know what you mean about the image of it, and there are people already doing that. For every Brandon Begin, theres like 10 riders that blaze and shut up about it.

Exactly because due to the fact that pot was illegal everywhere until not too long ago. So instead of the population having an open mind half of them still say something bad. I don’t smoke it, but as long as you aren’t trying to constantly get me to...I don’t care. And the only time I will say it’s bad is when it’s going to cause an issue. I have had friends that smoke and then they do something and get put on probation. But they still stupidly smoke and then pray that they don’t get tested or they can somehow do something so they test clean. That’s stupid. Trying to get most jobs and smoking a day or so before the interview knowing you will have to take a drug test... And then yes, Brandon. He claims it helps him focus as an out for doing it. Maybe it helps but as high as he is if he is awake, who can tell ?. I don’t know if Alfrado smokes but the only thing you see is him drink and not often. True he is doing daily videos (or was been awhile since I watched) so being a former pro he keeps it under wraps if he smokers.

Speaking of Alf, I have to message him. I was talking to him about coming to Houston. And he was down to come and ride and let me show him and some of the OSS guys around. So, if you live in the Houston/Humble/Kingwood area if he says they are coming I’ll let you know when and were.

|

6/2/2018 12:07 AM

I don't have a problem with 4 pegs and weed. I hate the smell of it, so would rather people didn't smoke it in public places, because that's massively disrespectful in my opinion. But it doesn't appeal to me. Just like riding skateparks. I may be limiting myself, but I ride what I enjoy riding. I'm too old to care about being good, or what people think of me. So I ride street because I enjoy it more. If someone wants to get good, they should ride a bit of everything, but it's not up to anyone else to dictate what other people should do or ride. Sorry for the lack of paragraphing, my phone is playing up.

|

6/2/2018 7:31 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Exactly because due to the fact that pot was illegal everywhere until not too long ago. So instead of the population having an open mind half of them still say something bad. I don’t smoke it, but as long as you aren’t trying to constantly get me to...I don’t care. And the only time I will say it’s bad is when it’s going to cause an issue. I have had friends that smoke and then they do something and get put on probation. But they still stupidly smoke and then pray that they don’t get tested or they can somehow do something so they test clean. That’s stupid. Trying to get most jobs and smoking a day or so before the interview knowing you will have to take a drug test... And then yes, Brandon. He claims it helps him focus as an out for doing it. Maybe it helps but as high as he is if he is awake, who can tell ?. I don’t know if Alfrado smokes but the only thing you see is him drink and not often. True he is doing daily videos (or was been awhile since I watched) so being a former pro he keeps it under wraps if he smokers.

Speaking of Alf, I have to message him. I was talking to him about coming to Houston. And he was down to come and ride and let me show him and some of the OSS guys around. So, if you live in the Houston/Humble/Kingwood area if he says they are coming I’ll let you know when and were.

Sounds like you live in a shitty city who doesn't want to allocate funding towards the people and blames drugs. Because skateparks are actually safe zones. Maybe the cops need to hand those tickets to skaters and bikers because its part of their quota so they don't lose funding. I live in L.A dude, if the city canceled every public project due to Possibility of drugs, there'd be no skateparks, parks, rec centers anywhere, ever. Drugs are a cultural problem(and they've always been around, this is not new). Sounds like where you live is either too poor, or too greedy to allocate funds for your park and is using drugs as an excuse, drugs are just an easy target. Its easier to blame the pothead than the cop that gave you a ticket for something you didn't know someone else did 2 days ago? I smell bullshit.

|