Is "goofy" actually a better stance?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2019 4:53 PM

I've been watching so many good goofy riders lately (Kris Fox's new edit, Justin Dowell winning the last uci comp) I'm wondering if it actually has some advantages? It seems there's more pro guys that are goofy, than you meet just riding around.

Nicholai Rogatkin the mountain biker did a 1440. That's the biggest spin anyone's ever done on a bike I'm pretty sure and it was done spinning toward the front foot.

|

6/13/2019 5:11 PM

Nope. Just practice, talent. Infact goofy would be harder. Left foot forward spinning left etc..

|

6/13/2019 5:13 PM

left handed people's brains make different neuron connections which makes them more "creative" people..... but I think that might be just a coincidence that you've been seeing more good goofies lately

|

I like riding my bike.

6/13/2019 5:43 PM

It depends I think, and is more subjective to the rider than anything.

Being incredibly fuck footed myself, I can definitely say the goofyfootedness has helped me learn opposite tricks much easier but at the same time certain tricks like tailwhips or 180 bars are much harder

|

6/14/2019 4:15 AM

SirCaseAlot wrote:

I've been watching so many good goofy riders lately (Kris Fox's new edit, Justin Dowell winning the last uci comp) I'm wondering if it actually has some advantages? It seems there's more pro guys that are goofy, than you meet just riding around.

Nicholai Rogatkin the mountain biker did a 1440. That's the biggest spin anyone's ever done on a bike I'm pretty sure and it was done spinning toward the front foot.

Todd Meyn has been toying with them for a while on BMX too. On a much smaller jump. This was 7 years ago.

As to goofy footed being "better", I will say it isn't necessarily better. Just different ways to do the same thing.

Nyquist is goofy footed. He was one of the first dudes toying with 1080s before Spinner stomped it. He couldn't quite make it, and he spun more than anyone back then.

I learned opposite 360s faster than regular, but that was because I had regular dialed and just had to tinker a bit with the reversal of it. I got close to an opposite 540 flyout a few times, but have actually pulled regular 540s flyout before.

All about the person and who does it.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/17/2019 6:02 PM

On a bike you have foot dominance and to a lesser degree handedness and they are also related to your dominant eye which are all related to how your brain is wired...your riding is a reflection of you and of course everyone has control over what tricks they learn or focus on but there will be certain maneuvers or setups that will be more natural than others for different people.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike