Is it bad if the frame stretches when you put a hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2016 1:00 PM

I had to stretch my frame to put a hub guard on and I'm wondering if it will damage the frame

|

7/22/2016 1:19 PM

It's fine and nothing to be concerned about , Ohoian or whatever his name is will say a scratch will blow your frame up and you'll need Odyssey parts to fix it . It's not a big deal

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/22/2016 3:10 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

It's fine and nothing to be concerned about , Ohoian or whatever his name is will say a scratch will blow your frame up and you'll need Odyssey parts to fix it . It's not a big deal

Depends on how much stretch we are talking here...move the drops apart maybe 1/4 inch, not really much to worry about.

If you are spreading much more than that, I would be a little more ambitious with looking your frame's rear end over-especially if you do more than foot tall ledge tech. Too much spread = bending of tubing, and bending means teeny tiny cracks that are REALLY hard to see (sometimes microscopic) which can ultimately weaken at the bend, and if abused like crazy, can lead to visible cracks or breaks in extreme cases.

But yea, a little bit should be fine. If much more than 1/4 inch, maybe see what other hub guard options there are.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/22/2016 4:55 PM

solution: gsport uniguard

|

7/22/2016 7:10 PM

tiho wrote:

solution: gsport uniguard

This dude knows what's up.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram