Is it weird and what is it called

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2017 11:18 PM

Ok so what is the grind called when you lift your front tire on a ledge and grind with your front tire peg only and is it weird I have learned that before learning to even bunnyhop high enough to get on a ledge

|

Ride till you die

7/15/2017 11:41 PM

Double peg = grinding both pegs
Feeble = grinding rear peg and front wheel on the ledge
Ghost Feeble = grinding your tyre in the feeble position.
Smith = grinding front peg and rear wheel on the ledge
Icepick = grinding only your rear peg
Toothpick = grinding only your front peg
Toothpick Hangover = grinding your front peg and swinging your back end over the legde/rail to land on the other side.
Lucky = grinding your pedal and your rear peg letting your front wheel hang slightly down.
Unlucky = grinding your pedal and your front peg letting your rear wheel hang slightly down.
Crank Arm/Derek Duster = grinding on your crank/bb tube.

taken from this thread
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/How-To,25/Grind-List-Please,1280985

|

7/15/2017 11:51 PM

Sweet ty wee

|

Ride till you die

7/16/2017 12:40 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Double peg = grinding both pegs
Feeble = grinding rear peg and front wheel on the ledge
Ghost Feeble = grinding your tyre in the feeble position.
Smith = grinding front peg and rear wheel on the ledge
Icepick = grinding only your rear peg
Toothpick = grinding only your front peg
Toothpick Hangover = grinding your front peg and swinging your back end over the legde/rail to land on the other side.
Lucky = grinding your pedal and your rear peg letting your front wheel hang slightly down.
Unlucky = grinding your pedal and your front peg letting your rear wheel hang slightly down.
Crank Arm/Derek Duster = grinding on your crank/bb tube.

taken from this thread
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/How-To,25/Grind-List-Please,1280985

You missed butcher/levitator grinds (well, wherever you got that from): front peg and pedal with back wheel raised
And crooked grinds: back peg, and opposite front peg on the other side of the rail
And Derek duster: front wheel over grinding on bb shell

But I think he means just the front peg with the back wheel still on the ground? I don't know if that has a name.
Front wheel on the ground and rear peg on the ledge is an endo grind

|

7/16/2017 2:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2017 2:09 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

You missed butcher/levitator grinds (well, wherever you got that from): front peg and pedal with back wheel raised
And crooked grinds: back peg, and opposite front peg on the other side of the rail
And Derek duster: front wheel over grinding on bb shell

But I think he means just the front peg with the back wheel still on the ground? I don't know if that has a name.
Front wheel on the ground and rear peg on the ledge is an endo grind

I just copied and pasted from another thread where i thought it had covered his questions about grinds in general as it seemed comprehensive enough, i thought it would be a chink but that's basically just clipping the rail with the peg on and off, its not really a grind as such, would it not come under the toothpick? or is "pick" part meaning that its more of a stall?, I've heard people say "ice grind" and actually slide along on the back peg but cant say I've heard anyone say "tooth grind" or "front tooth grind"

fuck knows...back to Square one lol

Never heard of a butcher grind till now

|

7/16/2017 7:42 AM

I guess it's just an abbreviation of ice pick grind. But tooth picks are where the back wheel is in the air, and I'm assuming he means it's still on the floor

|

7/16/2017 10:33 AM

Let's just call it a front peg grind... ?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/16/2017 11:00 AM

Lol k thought there be a name for it.

|

Ride till you die

7/16/2017 1:10 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Lol k thought there be a name for it.

Hop as you go up, pop the peg onto the ledge. Then it's technically a toothpick or front peg chink. You don't have to slide far, to make it a chink, to toothpick you will have to slide further than 1-2 inches.

|