Is it weird to footjam with my back foot?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2018 8:50 AM

I feel more comfortable doing it with my back foot. Does anyone else do this or is it a bad habit?

|

An Indian on a small bike

8/8/2018 8:53 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I feel more comfortable doing it with my back foot. Does anyone else do this or is it a bad habit?

I do it with back foot as well

|

Hmmm

8/8/2018 8:55 AM

Injams...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/8/2018 9:15 AM

They're fine for fakies and what not , but if you're wanting to do those flyout 90 foot jams on quarters and hopping back in , or foot jam whips, you're gonna need to use your other foot.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/8/2018 9:16 AM

I do them with my front foot. But I do one footed tricks with my back foot so it seemed more natural to learn them with my back foot. Turns out it was more awkward for me. But either is cool, it's good to be a bit original. I'm actually working on doing fast plants and stuff with my front foot, but it feels really odd after all these years

|

8/8/2018 9:30 AM

i do them with my rear foot. on quarters. My rear foot is my back foot when I do them like that cause it's opposite for me.It doesn't matter what foot you use or what way you turn..

I personally think it's better when people don't ride like everybody else. It opens up doors that you may not have known existed...

|

8/8/2018 10:03 AM

I mean, you can do anything. It may just be a bit harder to learn but you'll get it...

I footjam with my front foot though....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/8/2018 10:20 AM

Definitely not weird, but uncommon for sure. Whether it's a problem is up to you. I personally love to watch riders who do things their own way and have a distinctive style. That said, why not learn footjams with both feet? I'd imagine it's always good to have both sides to work with.

|

8/8/2018 1:23 PM

I do that. It's from riding flatland and doing front wheel stuff with scuffing. For me anyway.

|

8/9/2018 2:38 AM

I've always done em back foot as well. Which led me to learn footjams on qps opposite. I eventually learned em regular with the front foot but I honestly prefer em oppo. Footjams to fakie always use back foot they look better Imo.

|

@coupd_tat

8/9/2018 5:41 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Definitely not weird, but uncommon for sure. Whether it's a problem is up to you. I personally love to watch riders who do ...more

mat roe style

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/9/2018 6:17 AM

Sweet, nice to know I’m not the only one, might give front foot a bit more of a go but probably will stick to back foot

|

An Indian on a small bike

8/9/2018 8:55 AM

Im learning them with both feet, and ride right foot forward, but I have a question for those who can hop/fly out tailwhip -

I'm watching a How-To with Anthony Panza and he's saying if you're right foot forward to do a fly out tail whip you spin the bike clockwise?

Weirdly I don't feel natural spinning my bike clockwise on a footjam whip, does that mean I'd be eventually doing whips the wrong way? So weird.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/9/2018 9:08 AM

Plot twist:

Use both feet at the same time to footjam....
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/9/2018 11:34 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

mat roe style

Roey is/was so stylish

|

8/10/2018 4:19 PM

I’m goofy footed, but I just switch my stance right before I go up to jam.

|

8/11/2018 11:59 AM

I'm the same way, can't front foot footjam for my life. I run brakes, though, so whenever my back foot leaves the crank, I hit the brakes so my front foot stays level and helps a ton with balance. I can do it maybe 70% of the time consistent now.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/12/2018 7:00 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I do them with my front foot. But I do one footed tricks with my back foot so it seemed more natural to learn them with my ...more

why trying to fastplant with your front foot if thats so weird ? dakota roche and a lot of people do "oppo" footplant, foot plant/fast plant is the only trick im doing "right" like a left foot forward and i can do them switch footed (when my left foot is my back foot), i know it can be kinda weird to put your foot back on the pedal than a front foot footplant where u just have to be fast and then your pedals are horizontal/ straight

|

8/12/2018 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2018 7:05 AM

im doing every trick oppo (im a right foot forward in my head ^^) and so i do oppo footjam but can do regular (with my front foot) easily and switch footed (so when my right foot is forward) easily too (but i cant spin doing regular footjam), so no dw and just find what is comfortable for you

|

8/12/2018 7:12 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Im learning them with both feet, and ride right foot forward, but I have a question for those who can hop/fly out tailwhip -
...more

clockwise ? are you sure he said that ? because if you are right foot forward then it's easier to throw your whip with your back foot (regular whip) and even if you are not rly comfortable this way is the easiest way but then you just learn what you want to learn

|

8/12/2018 8:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I do them with my front foot. But I do one footed tricks with my back foot so it seemed more natural to learn them with my ...more

benn63720 wrote:

why trying to fastplant with your front foot if thats so weird ? dakota roche and a lot of people do "oppo" footplant, foot ...more

So I can fast plant comfortably off things either side, especially from pedal feebles (I want front foot pedal feeble to front foot fast plant hard 180's eventually)

|

8/12/2018 8:27 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

...more

With footjam whips you should jam with your front foot after hopping over the tt. That's the normal way of doing them anyway. And you should tailwhip clockwise so you can kick it round with your back foot. Funnily enough, if I were to tailwhip a jump, I'd want to spin it counter clockwise (like you). But for footjam whips, and whops it feels more natural clockwise.

I can't do any whip trick, and I suck at footjams. But that's how it feels more comfortable to try.

|

8/12/2018 6:58 PM

I find it funny that I’m right foot forward, and that I can do footjams with my front forward better than my back foot, but it feels more natural with my back foot.
Honestly better performance over natural any day.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican