Is it worth it to convert to spline drive?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2017 9:48 PM

For example if I have 3 piece cranks, that drive the sprocket by the bolt, will I get a huge advantage if I change it to 48t spine drive?

I know what it does and how it works, but I have no experience with it or know how much better it will be. Is this a life changer upgrade?

So far I have aftermarket bars, stem, forks, pedals, tires, grips. I'm not sure what to upgrade next, my rims are already double walled, hubs however are all unsealed, basically all my bearings are unsealed. How long will it be until it starts giving my problems? If I get a better hub all together, will my rolling distance increase, or is it all about sound and durability?

|

11/1/2017 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2017 10:17 PM

If you knew how it worked I don't think you would asked that question, your cranks will be more secure on a spline drive but its not really anything you're going to feel..and you'll still have a bolt. Don't upgrade or order anything until you break something first... Stop building start riding...

|

11/1/2017 11:54 PM

Meh. It depends what you ride. If you're likely to hit your sprocket on grinds and stuff, stick with bolt drive

|