Is it worth to get a 2nd hand bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2019 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 8:18 AM

Should I get this 2nd hand bmx bike full chromoly frame bar and I think forks that doesn not come with a sprocket, crankset, and rear wheel. Looks super good but it has some rust on the bar and and rusty seat post and a beat up seat and scratched up frame. I don't know whether i should get it. The guys says he used it for 6 months. Should i get it and buy the missing parts or just buy a mediocre new complete bike? Trying to keep my budget low. Price is $110 btw.
Specs are: Fit Marv frame, cult 4 piece bar, mutant lobo fork, kink stem, kink front wheel.
Photo

|

1/21/2019 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 10:20 AM

If you can verify that it is what he says it is, yeah, that's a decent deal. However, you should find out how old it is. Lastly, Why not try to barter with him to bring him down (can't hurt). You should know that you will be into this thing for and extra $200 minimum (for new replacement parts) for a wheel and cranks. Granted, you could certainly score some 8-spline cranks cheap used & get in for less. Same for the rear wheel, you might be able to get something cheap used.

|

1/21/2019 8:33 AM

that's not a bad deal I'd go for it

|

It’s all bmx

1/21/2019 10:19 AM

Yup I'd take that for sure.

|

1/21/2019 10:22 AM

The frame is pretty old, but they were rad frames. But, a new wheel, cranks, sprocket, chain is going to cost you a bit. Personally, I'd buy it as long as it's structurally sound. Then keep an eye out for second hand parts to finish it. Although, ideally you should know what you're looking at

|