Is my Mix shitting out? (Update)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2013 5:34 AM

Okay, so the last few days my Mix has felt like complete shit. I've taken care of it. Its been skipping, and the engaging has just felt like shit. I'm really hard on my drivetrain though so i'm thinking thats why. I push down super hard when I start to pedal and do constant half cab tricks and stuff like that. Should I try to replace the parts or just retire it and get a Javelin next month?

I was supposed to be getting Animal RS rims, and Animal Akimbo's but I may be ditching the Akimbos out for the rear Javelin.

Opinions. I really don't want to make the wrong choice. The hub is old, and is pretty used, but taken care of EXTREMELY well. I just didn't think it'd be shitting out so soon.

Opinions please.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 5:40 AM

go for the matching wheel set , and trade/sell the mix

|

5/7/2013 5:58 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

That's what i'm thinking. If i'm getting the Javelin, that means i'm also getting the V3 sprocket!

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 5:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2013 6:02 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

That's what i'm thinking. If i'm getting the Javelin, that means i'm also getting the V3 sprocket!

did you try taking apart your hub and regreasing it ? you might be able to fix it and sell it for more

btw i hope you like loud hubs , my friends javelin sounds like a fucking swarm of wasps coming at you

|

5/7/2013 6:03 AM

Have you taken it apart to see if the pawls are worn.
If so just buy the cult match pawls and replace the old ones.
Plus if you can get it working again there is always someone looking for a mix to trade with or buy.

|

5/7/2013 6:12 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

did you try taking apart your hub and regreasing it ? you might be able to fix it and sell it for more

btw i hope you like ...more

My Mix is loud as fuck too, aha. I

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 6:15 AM

It was just greased a week ago, and it doesn't just feel like pawls. It just feels like alllll around shit. I mean, i'll go home and look at it later, and then go ride and probably have a final decision later. I can't find anyone that wants a Mix, which I found odd. I know its fixable, I'd rather just get a new hub, and have a all around matching wheelset.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 6:21 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

It was just greased a week ago, and it doesn't just feel like pawls. It just feels like alllll around shit. I mean, i'll go ...more

i bought a purple mix laced to a shadow rim with no pawls for 15 dollars , bought new pawls fixed it and that shit was sooo fucking loud , i gave sold the whole wheel to a friend for 50 the day after i fixed it aha

|

5/7/2013 6:36 AM

Photo
|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 6:39 AM

thats a good chunk of change

|

5/7/2013 6:42 AM

FreddyDapice wrote: Photo

I may just say fuck it, and buy another front Javelin and just buy a whole wheelset so I can just sell my whole current wheel set.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 6:43 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I may just say fuck it, and buy another front Javelin and just buy a whole wheelset so I can just sell my whole current wheel ...more

you're crazy

|

5/7/2013 6:51 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I may just say fuck it, and buy another front Javelin and just buy a whole wheelset so I can just sell my whole current wheel ...more

you're crazy

Just a bit.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 7:43 AM

Get the whole Wheelset & sell your current one!! DO IT :D

|

5/7/2013 8:32 AM

Nah man don't sell it it really isn't worth it.
But yeah man go for the rear jav and the rims + sprocket!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/7/2013 8:48 AM

andyferly wrote:

I don't know yet. I'll probably just get the rims, rear Javelin, and sprocket. I gotta see how much I get for my birthday next month.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 10:12 AM

andyferly wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

I don't know yet. I'll probably just get the rims, rear Javelin, and sprocket. I gotta see how much I get for my birthday next ...more

Still try to get the rear Javelin to match the front one.
And the sprocket to match it.
Then get rims when you have the cash, hope you can get them all together for your B-Day, that would be dope.

|

5/7/2013 12:43 PM

Well it looks like it's a bit too late, but honestly I'd have just fixed the mix up. It was likely it just needed new pawls/springs.

I love Animal, but their rear hub uses a single C clip spring which is inferior to the leaf spring stlyes

|

5/7/2013 2:30 PM

Are you relacing the front javelin by yourself. if not it might be the same cost or only a little more to just get whole new one. Btw the javelin is sick love mine wouldn't trade it for any other hub.

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

5/7/2013 2:41 PM

Have not ordered it yet, @Sunday. I may try new springs and shit. I do really want full animal wheels though. I have a decision I need to make. Either Akimbos or a rear Javelin. And yeah, I lace my wheels myself.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 2:49 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Have not ordered it yet, @Sunday. I may try new springs and shit. I do really want full animal wheels though. I have a ...more

Get the matching wheels!
Then get the Akimbos too :D

|

5/7/2013 2:49 PM

Freddy man i know its not quite the same but im getting myself a new wheelset, I usually get pretty much all my stuff from Empire & ALWAYS get my wheels from Empire, Tom builds some fucking quality wheels but he cant get me some of the stuff i want because of whats being imported, SHITTY Distros (However im sure they are great people, just not getting what i want in lol) So ive been looking into getting my set up from the UK. I know where im gunna order it, i know the guys well, but ive never ordered wheels from them. Ive been talking to the owner & he assures me he will build them for me personally & will do it at a competitive price but its changing from what i know! Im sure it doesnt help with your situation but you'll have matching wheels & thats badass!

|

5/7/2013 3:27 PM

I would do wheels first Ute having problems with your wheel you have now y put more money into it if your going to get a new one anyways

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

5/8/2013 4:38 AM

Anyone else?

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/8/2013 5:30 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Anyone else?

Do the javelin not the cranks unless your cranks have absolutely gone to shit, but still I'd rather have a solid rear wheel than have bad cranks(if that is the case)

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/8/2013 5:41 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Anyone else?

Purple bike wrote:

Do the javelin not the cranks unless your cranks have absolutely gone to shit, but still I'd rather have a solid rear wheel ...more

Yeah, my cranks are good. I have 48s Mechaniks. Yeah, not the best sounding, but they're really solid. I think I fixed the hub. I'm trying to trade it for a freecoaster and then get the full animal rear wheel. I'l have a cassette wheel and a freecoaster wheel.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/8/2013 5:49 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Anyone else?

Purple bike wrote:

Do the javelin not the cranks unless your cranks have absolutely gone to shit, but still I'd rather have a solid rear wheel ...more

FreddyDapice wrote:

Yeah, my cranks are good. I have 48s Mechaniks. Yeah, not the best sounding, but they're really solid. I think I fixed the ...more

Do this for sure! Sounds like a good plan I always wanted to have a free coaster wheel to mess around with, but never cared enough to actually buy one

|

5/8/2013 6:15 AM

Purple bike wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

Yeah, my cranks are good. I have 48s Mechaniks. Yeah, not the best sounding, but they're really solid. I think I fixed the ...more

Purple bike wrote:

Do this for sure! Sounds like a good plan I always wanted to have a free coaster wheel to mess around with, but never cared ...more

Yeah, I hope it goes through. This would be awesome.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/8/2013 6:17 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Purple bike wrote:

Do this for sure! Sounds like a good plan I always wanted to have a free coaster wheel to mess around with, but never cared ...more

FreddyDapice wrote:

Yeah, I hope it goes through. This would be awesome.

I know, I had a friend with a rush v2 but he quit and was gonna sell it to me for like 70/80$ but he sold the whole bike to some kid we didn't even know but what ever

|

5/8/2013 8:39 AM

sounds like you just need a new set of pawls and springs.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram