Is my bike too big?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2018 1:55 PM

Im 5’5” 130lbs got a fit hango 2018 specs are
TOP TUBE: 20.5 HEAD ANGLE 75° SEAT ANGLE 71° CHAINSTAY 13.11″ BB HEIGHT 11.6″ STANDOVER8.6″. Dont know if my bars are too big as their 9.5” rise but its hard to manual and manuever the bike. Is it too big? Any helps appreciated ?

|

7/12/2018 2:31 PM

Frame sounds good

Bars are too big

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/12/2018 2:39 PM

Most of it is personal preference. It sounds about right to me, apart from the bars being big (but I'm a fan of lower bars. There's kids your height riding 10" bars because it's cool).
A shorter frame (toptube) might be a bit easier to throw around, but not by much, and it'll give you less room up front.

If you're pretty new to riding, just remember you're using muscles you've probably never used before. And riding isn't as easy as the pro's make it look.

|

7/12/2018 3:06 PM

You'd probably do better with some 8.5"-9" bars if I were to take a guess.

|

7/12/2018 4:08 PM

You can lower your front end height by about an inch if you flip your top load stem upside down (worth a try and It's free).

Looking at the specs of that bike the bars are 9.25" + a TL, so I'd probably go 8"-8.5" (at your current height).

If your still growing save the 9.25" for later on.

|

7/12/2018 4:19 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

You can lower your front end height by about an inch if you flip your top load stem upside down (worth a try and It's free).

...more

Yeah I'd flip your stem if it's a top load too... easy and best of all, FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!laughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/12/2018 4:58 PM

I agree with Steve and Bullet

|

7/12/2018 6:36 PM

Appreciated guys! I think i figured out one of the issues, my bars were too forward. Getting more leverage now but i could still use smaller bars. Will bike shops cut my bars for me? I feel like if i did it id fuck something up

|

7/12/2018 7:17 PM

Aaron_Stelmach wrote:

Appreciated guys! I think i figured out one of the issues, my bars were too forward. Getting more leverage now but i could ...more

They’ll cut the width, but you can’t shorten the height without serious work, unless they’re 4 piece, then you can just cut and weld.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/12/2018 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 7:22 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

They’ll cut the width, but you can’t shorten the height without serious work, unless they’re 4 piece, then you can just cut ...more

No. You can't cut and weld the bars like that... it wouldn't work like that....

To the OP, the shops will only be able to cut the width though....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/12/2018 7:24 PM

8-8.5 rise. Source: am same height as you.

|

7/12/2018 7:30 PM

Aaron_Stelmach wrote:

Appreciated guys! I think i figured out one of the issues, my bars were too forward. Getting more leverage now but i could ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

They’ll cut the width, but you can’t shorten the height without serious work, unless they’re 4 piece, then you can just cut ...more

Yea thats what i meant. My bars are 29” wide feel too wide

|

7/13/2018 1:06 AM

A shop shouldn't charge much to chop em down, they'll most likely have a pipe cutter so it'll only take them a few minutes. Get 1" off each end and see how that feels.

|