Is profile elite good for park?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2015 9:55 AM

I want to buy a profile elite and i ride park, but I've heard good and bad. I have a g-sport ratchet now and I want the hub for the engagement and sound.

|

2/13/2015 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2015 10:11 AM

Every other park rat has em so why not!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/13/2015 11:05 AM

If you ride pegs make sure to get the elite with the 14mm gdh axle

Profile Haters just hate on them cause they can't afford them the only legit reason to not want one is that their to loud in wich case a set of minis is the way to go

|

2/13/2015 12:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Profile Haters just hate on them cause they can't afford them the only legit reason to not want one is that their to loud in wich case a set of minis is the way to go

WRONG. 'Profile haters' just don't want to spend way too much money on hubs that have a 90% chance of starting to wobble straight out of the box. So many better choices out there for half of the money. If you really want a dumb hub that sounds like a swarm of bees behind you get a Colony Wasp or Premium Stinger. Both sound equally awful and cost way less.

|

2/13/2015 12:51 PM

eskimojay wrote:

The only reason to hate on them aside from their notoriety for developing wobbles is people who are hard on their hubs with pegs wanting a stronger 14mm true female rather than a weaker 14mm Male axle. For parks trails and general whatnot they are great, if you are looking to spend 350 for a rear hub

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/13/2015 1:17 PM

I think if you're gonna get profiles, get it as a wheelset that you spend way too much on. haha i mean i'm sure they're good and all, but if you run pegs i don't find them particularly ideal. I know several people who snapped the hollow 14mm axle on minis and had to go to the solid one. They do have good engagement and a nice sound (if loud is what you like) and i don't think they tend to skip.

They're fairly light and since they're an american brand i am sure they will hook you up if something goes to crap.

So just get like a Profile Elite 14mm with a hubguard laced to some gsport rims. Thats like a really expensive wheelset and you damn well better keep em and not buy a new one, because they cost so much and it's hard to get a lot out of resale.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/13/2015 1:23 PM

this

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/13/2015 1:27 PM

Go tree. lighter, and way stronger.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/13/2015 2:02 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Also true.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/13/2015 6:51 PM

Profile elites will make you triple whip first try
#fact

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/13/2015 6:53 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

This. If you're gonna be spending that money, go for Trees. Might not have as great engagement but they're by far the better hubs. And there's a 99% chance you don't need the engagement of Elites.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/19/2015 9:57 AM

Well I don't run pegs, and I have a front tree I'm running with the gsport in the back. I don't care about the money cause I have money to waste.

|

2/19/2015 10:02 AM

So why not run the tree in that back?

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/19/2015 10:04 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

So why not run the tree in that back?

Haha, really I'm getting both profile hubs for $300 brand new cause I know some people. I just heard some good things and some bad things about them. Like fakies..

|

2/19/2015 10:20 AM

And really, I'm getting them for the sound. I just think the wasps would be crap cause they cost so little? And the premium stinger I don't like

|

2/19/2015 10:25 AM

Dumbest thing I've ever heard, it's your money. Do what you want but if you have a tree in the front go with a tree in the back. Lighter and stronger. If it's no loud enough put a baseball card in your spokes.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/19/2015 10:25 AM

alexc39 wrote:

And really, I'm getting them for the sound. I just think the wasps would be crap cause they cost so little? And the premium stinger I don't like

Lol getting profile hubs for the sound....

|

2/19/2015 10:32 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Dumbest thing I've ever heard, it's your money. Do what you want but if you have a tree in the front go with a tree in the back. Lighter and stronger. If it's no loud enough put a baseball card in your spokes.

I'm getting the profiles as a set

|

2/19/2015 10:33 AM

alexc39 wrote:

NewAndImprovedClancy wrote:

Lol getting profile hubs for the sound....

I guess not just for the sound, I'm getting a really good deal on brand new ones, and I want fast engagement.

|

2/19/2015 10:37 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

alexc39 wrote:

You're missing the point, get what you want

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/19/2015 10:42 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

alexc39 wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

I know that. I just want some opinions. Have you heard anything about fakies on them?

|

2/19/2015 4:05 PM

alexc39 wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

alexc39 wrote:

I know that. I just want some opinions. Have you heard anything about fakies on them?

Does it matter? Your mind is made up

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/19/2015 4:10 PM

It isn't made up. I'm trying to get opinions and obviously you don't know

|

2/19/2015 4:14 PM

alexc39 wrote:

No difference with fakirs at all, just a myth

|

2/19/2015 4:15 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

alexc39 wrote:

bobPA wrote:

True. As long as you're pedaling backwards, you're fine.

|

2/19/2015 4:18 PM

alexc39 wrote:

bobPA wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

True. As long as you're pedaling backwards, you're fine.

Thanks guys! You guys are the ones helping out!

|