Is puma shoes good to ride in?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2019 11:46 AM

I got an offer for 4 pairs for about 100 bucks and if they are in genneral good riding shoes then i cant let that deal go, i dont know what model they are cus its a few different but i know its hard to pass up so what do u think?

|

Street yes please

1/26/2019 3:56 PM

Go for it. Worse case scenario, you have shoes for going out/work/etc

|

fack off

1/26/2019 4:45 PM

Most of the skate shoeish ones have either wavey lines or sort of a Chuck Taylor pattern on the sole. They look like they would grip pretty well.

|

1/26/2019 7:56 PM

Not enough cushion for me.

|

1/26/2019 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2019 8:38 PM

I’d say It’s all about your preference and what you like and feel comfortable riding in

|

1/27/2019 10:37 PM

Unless you're getting a crazy deal (it sounds like you are), I always recommend trying to buy from a brand who supports BMX. There aren't a whole lot of choices when it comes to shoes, but there are definitely a few!

|

1/27/2019 10:55 PM

Well it is a crazy deal its 4 pairs for a little more than the price of one pair of vans so im getting them today and if they suck to ride in i at least got som shoes that dont look like they went trough war

|

Street yes please

1/29/2019 7:27 AM

"Are"....

|

1/29/2019 7:31 AM

I dont like the brand Puma just cuz in like 5th grade or some shit a kid told me it stands for,

Penis
Up
My
Ass

So yeah, hope I contributed to your decision.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/29/2019 12:22 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I dont like the brand Puma just cuz in like 5th grade or some shit a kid told me it stands for,

Penis
Up
My
Ass

Fuck Puma, no cushion

But this is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read in my life

|

1/29/2019 4:01 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Fuck Puma, no cushion

Hey, some kid in 5th grade told me this, I didn't come up with it

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/9/2019 1:13 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Fuck Puma, no cushion

Do vans really have any more cushion though

|

its prawns, not shrimp idiot

2/9/2019 8:57 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Penis
Up
My
Ass

Phunny93 wrote:

Fuck Puma, no cushion

spoon wrote:

Do vans really have any more cushion though

Pros do.

|

2/9/2019 1:13 PM

Emerica make the best shoes for bmx

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/11/2019 8:49 PM

sorry for the "Old Guy Ignorance", but i have been gone for a few months:

which companies support BMX? I am looking for new riding shoes as well. I have a pair of 4-5 year old Addidas Seely's t hat are torn to shreds...

I wont' get DC's though. I hate the way they look and feel..like big floppy 80's Nike Airs...blech for riding

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

2/11/2019 10:46 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

which companies support BMX? I am looking for new riding shoes as well. I have a pair of 4-5 year old Addidas Seely's t hat are torn to shreds...

I wont' get DC's though. I hate the way they look and feel..like big floppy 80's Nike Airs...blech for riding

Lotek, Etnies, Vans are the only one with BMX teams

|

2/12/2019 5:02 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

ok, so not much has changed...I was wondering if there were any newer upstart companies...I also know of SCB or SBC(? can't remember the order oft he letters right now...)

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

2/12/2019 5:14 AM

Honestly, I WISH Adio was still around. They were among my faves to ride in.

I miss shoes that actually had some bulk-the modern skate/bmx shoe is slim, light and has barely any padding, and they fall apart in a couple months VS me running Adios for a year or more 100% of the time.

I don't like to feel the pins in my pedals THROUGH my shoes. My vans did that after a month or two, my Osiris pairs have too.

I also miss the Aaron Ross Etnies from like 2010 or so...when they had padding.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/12/2019 7:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2019 7:20 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Swaggy P wrote:

Lotek is dead I’m pretty sure , scg shoes has a bmx team , fade footwear is a bmx specific shoe company with shoes made in Columbia , a handmade shoe company from indonesia called burjurian footwear has bmx riders

|

2/12/2019 8:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Honestly, I WISH Adio was still around. They were among my faves to ride in.

I miss shoes that actually had some bulk-the modern skate/bmx shoe is slim, light and has barely any padding, and they fall apart in a couple months VS me running Adios for a year or more 100% of the time.

I don't like to feel the pins in my pedals THROUGH my shoes. My vans did that after a month or two, my Osiris pairs have too.

I also miss the Aaron Ross Etnies from like 2010 or so...when they had padding.

Etnie Faders or Fader II's. Old school type bulky shoe. Tons of cushion.

|

2/12/2019 9:48 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Swaggy P wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Lotek is dead I’m pretty sure , scg shoes has a bmx team , fade footwear is a bmx specific shoe company with shoes made in Columbia , a handmade shoe company from indonesia called burjurian footwear has bmx riders

I was getting the feeling that Lotek was going away...the selection seems "dated". I will check out Fade and Burjurian as well...I wonder if Fade and SCG source from the same makers....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

2/12/2019 10:17 AM

The guys from Adio have a company called Cali-Strong I don't know anything about them. Just that they exist.

|

2/12/2019 5:53 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

The guys from Adio have a company called Cali-Strong I don't know anything about them. Just that they exist.

they are pushing the longboard thing it looks like...FWIW...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus