Is the Subrosa Armada good?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2012 5:09 AM

I just bought a Subrosa Armada frame. Is it any good?

|

The following sentence is true
The last sentence is false

"I don't punch girls, I punch bitches!" - TheTech.

Forget today, today is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday

E-Mail - freddydapice@yahoo.com
Tumblr - http://freddydapice.tumblr.com
Instagram - @freddydapice
Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 5:12 AM

I knew you were dumb, but now you're really reassuring me. WHY IN ALL HELLL FREDDY, would you ask if it's good AFTER you bought it. Scientic method kid....

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 5:21 AM

Mattix wrote:

I knew you were dumb, but now you're really reassuring me. WHY IN ALL HELLL FREDDY, would you ask if it's good AFTER you bought it. Scientic method kid....

I never really thought about it. Its subrosa so I figured it's good. I just wanted some other opinions. If that's okay? (

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2012 5:35 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

I never really thought about it. Its subrosa so I figured it's good. I just wanted some other opinions. If that's okay? (

Subrosa is good, BUT your dumb & you just bought a '09 frame.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 5:37 AM

Mattix wrote:

DoggieTreats wrote:

Mattix wrote:

This.

|

5/3/2012 5:40 AM

Mattix wrote:

DoggieTreats wrote:

Mattix wrote:

you're*

|

Go Faster..-Conor McKeon
Bitch, Its Kikkoman Or Die-Austin Barron
Its not like you're going to die, the worst that'll happen is you'll skin your elbow-Robert Mabe
"is she hot? gang rape her. 9 out 0f 10 people like it."-Brokenbmx

5/3/2012 5:42 AM

Mattix wrote:

So, if he bought it in 2009 would he be smart?

|

5/3/2012 5:46 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

Mattix wrote:

TheTech. wrote:

you're*

*You're

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 5:48 AM

Fondue wrote:

Depends on the frames that were around in 09. Biking has progressed since 09, he definitely could have gotten a better frame.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 5:55 AM

Mattix wrote:

Depends on the frames that were around in 09. Biking has progressed since 09, he definitely could have gotten a better frame.

If its full chromo and he got a deal, leave the munkie alone. If he likes the Geo, even better. It's not like he just bought a Walmart mongoose frame from 2000 or something. Buy my wheels Mattix, you culo pirata.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/3/2012 5:57 AM

I got if for $80. You're gonna tell me that wasnt a good deal?

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 5:58 AM

Mattix wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Mattix wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20 but, would you have thought the Armada was a good frame when it first came out? It's a rhetorical question. I'm curious as to what he paid for it, but the conversation has centered around your insult. The Armada is a good frame, but if he paid too much for it, THEN he's dumb. Your insult makes it seem as though anyone who buys an old frame is dumb. And that's dumb in and of itself. For all you know, it was barely used. I bought a year old car for half the price. Am I dumb? Or are you dumb for buying the brand new one?

|

5/3/2012 5:59 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

So there you go Matt. Who's the dumb one now?

|

5/3/2012 6:03 AM

Fondue wrote:

I'm not saying he's dumb for buying the frame, But rather, he is dumb for buying AND THEN asking if it's a good frame. $80 for it NEW or used?

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 6:11 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Mattix wrote:

I'm not saying he's dumb for buying the frame, But rather, he is dumb for buying AND THEN asking if it's a good frame. $80 for it NEW or used?

Used, but it looks like it was barely ridden.

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 6:13 AM

Fondue wrote:

AND if I may add, this kid's bike is perfectly fine, it's light, and has good parts. He doesn't need anything, especially for one who has been riding for quite a few months now and still cannot 180 or bunnyhop more than 10 inches.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 6:14 AM

Mattix wrote:

Biking has progressed since 2009 - sure. The frames? Not so much. The Armada has the most common geo available today in 2012. 75 HT, 71 ST 13.75 CS, 11.5 BB. It's a full chromoly aftermarket Eli Platt signature frame. Double butted toptube, ovalized down and seat tube. Has a wishbone chainstay and just about anything else you can find on most 2012 models. Oh what, you can't take the brake mounts off?! That frame sucks balls and Subrosa should just die for ever making such a frame. I know you're just trying to save face, but the Armada is a top of the line aftermarket frame...then and now. And that dude just got one for $80.

|

5/3/2012 6:20 AM

Fondue wrote:

Biking has progressed since 2009 - sure. The frames? Not so much. The Armada has the most common geo available today in 2012. 75 HT, 71 ST 13.75 CS, 11.5 BB. It's a full chromoly aftermarket Eli Platt signature frame. Double butted toptube, ovalized down and seat tube. Has a wishbone chainstay and just about anything else you can find on most 2012 models. Oh what, you can't take the brake mounts off?! That frame sucks balls and Subrosa should just die for ever making such a frame. I know you're just trying to save face, but the Armada is a top of the line aftermarket frame...then and now. And that dude just got one for $80.

I'm not saying he's dumb for buying the frame, But rather, he is dumb for buying AND THEN asking if it's a good frame.

AND if I may add, this kid's bike is perfectly fine, it's light, and has good parts. He doesn't need anything, especially for one who has been riding for quite a few months now and still cannot 180 or bunnyhop more than 10 inches but is constantly bitching about needing new parts. If you rode with us in person you'd understand where I am coming from.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 6:27 AM

Mattix wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Mattix wrote:

I'm not saying he's dumb for buying the frame, But rather, he is dumb for buying AND THEN asking if it's a good frame.

AND if I may add, this kid's bike is perfectly fine, it's light, and has good parts. He doesn't need anything, especially for one who has been riding for quite a few months now and still cannot 180 or bunnyhop more than 10 inches but is constantly bitching about needing new parts. If you rode with us in person you'd understand where I am coming from.

The only thing I bitch about is my frame. It has so many dents and
I wanted a new one.

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 6:40 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

I wanted a new one.

No. You bitch about everything, bars, tires, pedals & grips to name a few. You aren't even doing anything to risk the welfare of the frame.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 6:43 AM

Mattix wrote:

DoggieTreats wrote:

I wanted a new one.

Mattix wrote:

No. You bitch about everything, bars, tires, pedals & grips to name a few. You aren't even doing anything to risk the welfare of the frame.

My tires, pedals, and grips are fine. You try tiding with 24 inch wide bars. My back tire is bald and slides all over at the skatepark.

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 6:57 AM

You guys crack me up.
@fondue, nice to see some mature perspective on here once in a while.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/3/2012 7:23 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

My tires, pedals, and grips are fine. You try tiding with 24 inch wide bars. My back tire is bald and slides all over at the skatepark.

Then stop bitching. I can ride your bike fine. You just said your tires were fine, pick a side.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 7:58 AM

you also have better mechanics, and muscle memory for the sport and freddys new... granted he should be progressing faster but how long did it take you to 180...stop giving him shit cause hes a "look princess" you kind of are too..Mr. i buy a whole new bike..just to change color....and freddy nut the fuck up..stop spending money on stupid parts you dont need. bust your ass learning..and dont get ahead of your self! just push your self... i mean look what ive accomplished since transjam...the sport is about progression, not perfection, both of you should shut the hell up personally Austin, i dont know what you have against freddy, but the shit needs to stop...we all knows hes a bitch when it comes to trying things, but let his conscience eat him out when we are pros and hes stuck in mooresville.

|

Go Faster..-Conor McKeon
Bitch, Its Kikkoman Or Die-Austin Barron
Its not like you're going to die, the worst that'll happen is you'll skin your elbow-Robert Mabe
"is she hot? gang rape her. 9 out 0f 10 people like it."-Brokenbmx

5/3/2012 8:11 AM

TheTech. wrote:

you also have better mechanics, and muscle memory for the sport and freddys new... granted he should be progressing faster but how long did it take you to 180...stop giving him shit cause hes a "look princess" you kind of are too..Mr. i buy a whole new bike..just to change color....and freddy nut the fuck up..stop spending money on stupid parts you dont need. bust your ass learning..and dont get ahead of your self! just push your self... i mean look what ive accomplished since transjam...the sport is about progression, not perfection, both of you should shut the hell up personally Austin, i dont know what you have against freddy, but the shit needs to stop...we all knows hes a bitch when it comes to trying things, but let his conscience eat him out when we are pros and hes stuck in mooresville.

Freddy isn't new. He's been riding well over 5-6 months. I was doing 180s & shit by the 3rd month & I fucking ate my heart out trying them. I was riding flat doing the same trick over & over & over as soon as I got home til dark. I didn't even have a good bike either, I rode mags for sceintific methods sake ._. He has a good bike, us to teach him, even ryan could teach him. I didn't start keeping my bikes looking nice until I actually had a nice bike. You know I would've taken & rode any parts I couldve gotten at his stage Malyk. Shit pisses me off.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 9:09 AM

I practice every chance i get atthe parking lot. Especially my 180's.

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,

5/3/2012 9:11 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

bullshit.

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/3/2012 9:30 AM

DoggieTreats wrote:

Mattix wrote:

bullshit.

If you say so.

|

Phone - 704-797-6844

Refs - Night Light,