Is there a way?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2011 12:20 PM

To ride a gyro if I don't have the gyro tab holes?

|

11/21/2011 12:22 PM

u can run a gyro plate

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

11/21/2011 12:24 PM

Do you have one you would recommend?

|

11/21/2011 12:25 PM

Drill them?

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/21/2011 12:59 PM

Anthony! wrote:

Do you have one you would recommend?

Idk any brands that make em but im sure you can search around the internet to find what you need. Ive seen a couple people run them before. it just goes around the fork tube under the stem where you put the spacers.

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

11/21/2011 1:00 PM

Nike iD wrote:

Drill them?

def not unless you want to substantially weaken your frame and cause problems for yourself

|

11/21/2011 1:04 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

what kind of frame do you have, because you're not getting a gyro plate to work with an integrated headset....

|

titties and beer > everything

11/21/2011 1:09 PM

Fit inman sig.

|

11/21/2011 1:10 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

this or drill them

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

11/21/2011 1:11 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

fckthatshyt wrote:

what kind of frame do you have, because you're not getting a gyro plate to work with an integrated headset....

o reallyy?
[LINK TO IMAGE]
shadow conspiracy gyro plate.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/21/2011 1:11 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

tito24 wrote:

this or drill them

never drill holes colton, your an idiot if you drill holes.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/21/2011 1:13 PM

yeah you can't get one to work unless you have a bike shop drill the frame for tabs, it's been done plenty of times, the shop by me drills for tabs a lot and it doesn't substantially weaken the frame...

|

11/21/2011 1:16 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

fckthatshyt wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

o reallyy?
[LINK TO IMAGE]
shadow conspiracy gyro plate.

exactly how does that work to hold the cable stationary on the frame?!

|

11/21/2011 1:19 PM

Nike iD wrote:

Drill them?

abreezy111 wrote:

def not unless you want to substantially weaken your frame and cause problems for yourself

A upper plate will work. But you need to tap your head tube for the lower part. It will not weaken your frame, if it did why would so may frames come with them? Just take it to your LBS and ask them to do it for you.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

11/21/2011 1:26 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

u can run a gyro plate

fckthatshyt wrote:

I have a codec and dont run a gyro. Just tryin to help the dude out.

The above posted gyro plate I see no reason why you can not run it with an integrated head set

|

11/21/2011 1:30 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

I have a codec and dont run a gyro. Just tryin to help the dude out.

The above posted gyro plate I see no reason why you can not run it with an integrated head set

we're all trying to help him out, there's three pieces to the gyro (the upper plate or stem with tabs, the detangler that spins, and the lower mounting plate or frame gyro tabs) the gyro plate above is for the upper cables to mount to, you won't get a lower gyro plate onto the frame and the lower cables will not mount to the bike so without tabs it's not going to work. i used to run a gyro before...

|

11/21/2011 1:31 PM

Standard headtube gyro.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Note lower plate.This will not fit a int.headset.You need tabs on the frame.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

11/21/2011 1:32 PM

Photo
|

11/21/2011 1:36 PM

fckthatshyt wrote:

we're all trying to help him out, there's three pieces to the gyro (the upper plate or stem with tabs, the detangler that spins, and the lower mounting plate or frame gyro tabs) the gyro plate above is for the upper cables to mount to, you won't get a lower gyro plate onto the frame and the lower cables will not mount to the bike so without tabs it's not going to work. i used to run a gyro before...

now I learned something for the day haha. good to know for future reference.

Drilling holes in the frame just seems super sketch to me personally. It'll be cool to see if that new "single cable" gryo design ever catches on

|

11/21/2011 1:39 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

now I learned something for the day haha. good to know for future reference.

Drilling holes in the frame just seems super sketch to me personally. It'll be cool to see if that new "single cable" gryo design ever catches on

haha a single cable thing would be cool...i don't think he should drill the head tube on his own, i'd have someone at a bike shop work on it.

|

11/21/2011 2:03 PM

There was a prototype of a single cable gyro at interbike this year but I cant find it online again

|

11/21/2011 2:15 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Standard headtube gyro.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

i seem to remember whenever int. headsets came about, somebody offered a lower plate that fit. just dont remember who it was. all my buddies just dremeled the inside out so it would fit, though

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

11/21/2011 2:16 PM

or get some tabs, shave off the little nub, and have them welded on

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

11/21/2011 2:51 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Standard headtube gyro.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I remember when i had one of these.

|

11/21/2011 3:55 PM

The only way I have ever heard of a gyro working with an integrated headset without gyro tabs was with an Odyssey gtx-r and there was some random lower plate I once heard was used.
But I think it was one of those situations like the DK 12t freewheel. They made it and it just didn;t work properly so it went away

|

11/21/2011 4:00 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

There was a prototype of a single cable gyro at interbike this year but I cant find it online again

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000137499/news/new-detangler-system-from-affix/

|

11/21/2011 5:01 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

yup thats it!

I think its a pretty cool idea that could catch on

|

11/27/2011 10:23 AM

What all do i need?

|

11/27/2011 10:43 AM

jmnuynmjynm

|

11/27/2011 1:07 PM

I need an answer soon.

|