Is this a cult gateway 2015 worth 170?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2018 4:57 PM

|

3/12/2018 5:36 PM

I wouldn't. It's hi tens in the rear. I wouldn't bother.

|

3/12/2018 7:25 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I wouldn't. It's hi tens in the rear. I wouldn't bother.

Yea ok
What abeout a fit Mac 1 2015
Also has 100$ after market parts put into it
For 200?
I think that’s a good deal

|

3/12/2018 8:07 PM

2015 Mac 1 is also hi-ten rear

|

3/12/2018 8:11 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

2015 Mac 1 is also hi-ten rear

True but I’m not trying to buy a bike that will be used for hardcore tricks
Ima a begginer I can barely hold up a wheelie for 2 seconds

|

3/12/2018 8:17 PM

What's your height, weight, & age? I get that your are a beginner... But what did you really see yourself doing in the future on the bike?

|

3/12/2018 8:20 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

What's your height, weight, & age? I get that your are a beginner... But what did you really see yourself doing in the ...more

I’m 5”1 or 5”2
I weight about 115
I’m 14 years old

|

3/13/2018 2:30 AM

Fuck me that's small

|

Hmmm

3/13/2018 4:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2018 4:47 AM

Can you do anything on a bike, yet? Not busting your balls. Just trying to gauge what would work for you. So, can you bunny hop? & by "bunny hop", I mean can you bunny hop at least a foot high? If so, I'd say to stay away from hi-tens, if you can help it. Only because at that point, you probably wouldn't be too far from attempting 180's. & 180's tend to be tough on frames when you are a true beginner because you sometimes land half-assed & that puts a lot of side stress on the frame.

But, as a true beginner (not able to do higher bunny hops, etc..), you could probably get away with some hi-tens. I'm just looking at it from a longevity point of view. Let's say you start riding & you find you are progressing relatively quickly. It wouldn't be long before you are trying 180's. & if you haven't really gotten the full feel for the bike, you could land & tweak the rear end of the frame if hi-tens. Not to say that THAT can't happen to a Chromoly frame. It can. But it's WAY less likely. So, if possible, I'd opt for a full chromoly frame, fork, bars, etc.

Lastly, didn't you get that Haro Lineage? If so, why are you looking at this bike (or any hi-tens bike, for that matter)?

|

3/13/2018 7:27 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Can you do anything on a bike, yet? Not busting your balls. Just trying to gauge what would work for you. So, can you bunny ...more

I can’t do a bunny hop even 1 inch above the ground

|

3/13/2018 7:41 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Can you do anything on a bike, yet? Not busting your balls. Just trying to gauge what would work for you. So, can you bunny ...more

AJ-Sajjad wrote:

I can’t do a bunny hop even 1 inch above the ground

well, ultimately, it's up to you. The hi-tens isn't all that bad for a beginner, like yourself. However, it won't last long-term. I'd say, if you were to stick with it & stay in BMX, within a year, you'd probably be looking at a new frame & fork, etc...

|