Is this a good bmx bike ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2013 2:12 PM

Hey guys i bought the kink whip 2013 http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102158/2013_Kink_Whip_Bike.html
And i'm wondering if it's a good bmx bike. I plan on upgrading the stem, bars and tires.

|

7/23/2013 2:26 PM

yeah, pretty decent for a beginner
ride parts until they break, dont worry about replacing anything

bars are perfect size, if they feel small, get a cheap topload

as for tires, they will be fine

welcome to vital

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/23/2013 2:48 PM

I'm not that much of a beginner i can almost do a 360, i used to bmx so i decided to buy a bike again. And in your op which parts should i upgrade. Is the frame good ?

|

7/23/2013 2:54 PM

honestly, imho, you might wanna look a bit higher price range if you want a very high quality bike

frame is alright, as most stock frames are

try looking in for sale, as you can pick up an aftermarket complete for 3 or 4 hundo

if you are set on a stock bike, look at these

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102218/2013_Sunday_Seeley_Broadcaster_Bike.html

if you can afford this, it has an aftermarket frame, and very good parts, many of them aftermarket

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/23/2013 2:59 PM

Too late i already bough it. it coming today. Can u suggest what parts i should upgrade ?

|

7/23/2013 3:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2013 3:03 PM

Upgrade it when shit breaks.. I have rode some parts a long time that others woudn't think were that great.. if it lasts then use it.. As long as shit is the size you like then who cares.. If you want bigger bars etc.. then maybe think about getting new ones.. I have a Sun Ditch Witch rear rim that I ride.. I couldn't afford an expensive rim at the time.. I can now..however I really like it.. its done me good so far.. I'll get a new rim when I need it.. But do not plan on switching it out until this one goes to shit..

|

Over 500+ transactions on eBay at 100%. - jddewitt
Refs: nshs2010, handlebar-to-face, HardBMX_Tim

7/23/2013 3:07 PM

that a nice bike maybe cranks later , your rims are pretty good as are your hubs seat and bars

|

7/23/2013 3:07 PM

I can afford it i have the extra money. I just want to upgrade it right away to make it a better bmx bike. I'm think about getting the S&M Redneck XLT Stem, taller bars like 8.50 or 8.75, i'm pretty tall i'm 6.1 and some 2.30 demolition tires.

|

7/23/2013 10:00 PM

If you can afford a little more expensive bike the verde spectrum is a fantastic bike. I just messed up my steerer tube on mine but it was my fault for riding with a loose headset. It's $430.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

7/23/2013 11:19 PM

LDewey wrote:

If you can afford a little more expensive bike the verde spectrum is a fantastic bike. I just messed up my steerer tube on mine but it was my fault for riding with a loose headset. It's $430.

Someone here was impatient and already went right ahead to buy the bike. He's now gonna get aftermarket parts which on a better bike, could've had higher end parts and costed less. Nice thinking to the OP.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/24/2013 5:26 AM

To the OP: do you see how buying first, then asking if it's a good bike is bad logic? My suggestion for you going forward is to ask first, then buy.

|

7/24/2013 12:58 PM

I just got my 2013 kink whip last week. I've had no issues with it but i'm a beginner so I haven't been doing to much on it yet. The only thing i dislike about the bike is the seat.

In my opinion if you're just getting back into it I wouldn't worry about upgrading anything just yet. Ride it for awhile and figure out what you don't like then upgrade from there.

|

7/24/2013 2:36 PM

return it and then go with a more expensive bike... if you are set on upgrading.. otherwise leave it and ride shit till it breaks.. though being 6 foot you prob need taller bars. around 8.75

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 2:40 PM

Futon wrote:

I just got my 2013 kink whip last week. I've had no issues with it but i'm a beginner so I haven't been doing to much on it yet. The only thing i dislike about the bike is the seat.

In my opinion if you're just getting back into it I wouldn't worry about upgrading anything just yet. Ride it for awhile and figure out what you don't like then upgrade from there.

Lol that's the only thing I hated about my bike I had some plastic seat and I ended up breaking it now I got some comfy ass old alientation seat

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...