Is this frame worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2017 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2017 4:08 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastern-Bikes-Cobra-Frame-/232431825251

Comes with cranks too, I just want to replace my frame and my 1 piece crank. The toptube is 19.75in, will i fit if I am 5 foot 6?

From the looks of it, I think its a 2014 frame.

|

12/27/2017 5:01 PM

Meh... It's a hi tens frame. Nothing great about it. Yeah, it should fit you.

Honestly, you can find great deals on better bikes if you look into used bikes. I bought a full Chromoly frame/fork/bars/cranks bike for $70 not long ago. Found it on CL Marketplace.

|

12/27/2017 5:23 PM

Nice, I haven't really used CL much. I'll give that a try.

|

12/27/2017 5:23 PM

Not really . It’s not badly priced , just not worth buying . I got my brand new Bermuda V2 for like 210$ or something . Chromoly , 7mm dropouts and tensioners. I’m sure if you looked you can find something better for only slightly more .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/27/2017 5:30 PM

It's made very cheaply & it's quite small if it's under 20", most modern frames are 20.5-21.5".

That said, it does come with 3pc cranks and bearings and is only $50, so I guess you get what you pay for. With the 3pc cranks it's certainly an upgrade from 1pc and what I assume is also a cheaply made frame.

I would look for something chromoly though personally. It's lighter and far more durable.

You will also need new 9/16" pedals for the 3pc cranks btw.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/27/2017 5:51 PM

I have some pedals in mind such as the eastern facet, or some alloy pedals with a ton of pins. most pedals I find are 9/16'' which is one more reason why I want a 3 piece crank.

|

12/27/2017 7:40 PM

Brendan44 wrote:

I have some pedals in mind such as the eastern facet, or some alloy pedals with a ton of pins. most pedals I find are 9/16'' ...more

There's a thread on this forum... Not long ago... About upgrading your cheap bike to more modern specs. Take a look for it. It details how they make a BB conversion (American to mid) that's pretty cheap (like $20). Then, if you could pick up some used cranks, you'd be set without having to get another bike. Then you can use what you have until you can save more for a quality complete or a nice used rig.

Either way, know this... A new bike, new cranks, new forks, new whatever, isn't going to suddenly make your skill level increase. Yes, taller bars, or a longer (or shorter) TT, CS, etc... Or different head tube angle might help you learn easier or make it easier to do certain tricks, but nothing will replace skill. Practice is what it's all about. There are tons of guys out there better than me who could pick up a Wal-Mart Mongoose & probably ride circles around me. Will they be as smooth or fluid ad on their own bike? No, but the skill is in them, not the bike. That's all their skill.

|

12/29/2017 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2017 8:56 AM

Brendan44 wrote:

Comes with cranks too, I just want to replace my frame and ...more

I have a stranger nomad 21" in great shape. Also have some profile cranks with a titanium spindle. If your interested I could do both for a deal. I've been meaning to put them up on eBay, but I've been lazy about it. Don't buy a hi ten frame, you will regret it. If your going to buy used, do not buy used stock parts. Only aftermarket.

|

12/29/2017 9:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2017 9:15 AM

Brendan44 wrote:

Comes with cranks too, I just want to replace my frame and ...more

ggallin422 wrote:

I have a stranger nomad 21" in great shape. Also have some profile cranks with a titanium spindle. If your interested I could ...more

2 things... I'm positive that your frame and cranks are way out of his price range, and your frame is too large (he's been looking at shorter TT's).

|