Is this good beginner bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2013 10:31 PM

Hey, I'm really considering picking this up.
It's a United Supreme SU2 running some custom parts:

Wheels-fitbikeco 2013.
cranks & sprocket-fitbikeco.2013
Seat-profile slim seat.
Tyres-odyssey keyboard

Would this be good for a beginner?

Also, is there any reason to run the crank on the left side opposed to the right? Is it just personal preference? Would it be easy to swap it to the right?

Cheers

|

8/16/2013 10:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 10:40 PM

it looks good what are the rest of the parts as for left side drive one reasont to do it is if you grind right so you dont destroy your sprocket and back hub as for switching it you'd have to flip all the hardware in your hub around and switch the crank arms and chain around if they dont have the pinch bolt holes on each crank

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/16/2013 11:09 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

it looks good what are the rest of the parts as for left side drive one reasont to do it is if you grind right so you dont destroy your sprocket and back hub as for switching it you'd have to flip all the hardware in your hub around and switch the crank arms and chain around if they dont have the pinch bolt holes on each crank

You're right on the reasons why but that hub isn't switchable and if the Cranks only have one Sprocket Bolt Hole (Which they do) they aren't switchable as otherwise the Pedals will always come loose.

|

8/16/2013 11:22 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

You're right on the reasons why but that hub isn't switchable and if the Cranks only have one Sprocket Bolt Hole (Which they do) they aren't switchable as otherwise the Pedals will always come loose.

oh ok i wasnt to sure what the specs were on those parts so i just gave him the basics of what i knew Trentacles its gonna suck if you grind left you might damage your parts

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/16/2013 11:38 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

TheMotherShip wrote:

oh ok i wasnt to sure what the specs were on those parts so i just gave him the basics of what i knew Trentacles its gonna suck if you grind left you might damage your parts

Well I ride right foot forward, I think it would feel more natural grinding on the left.

|

8/17/2013 7:18 AM

Trentacles wrote:

Well I ride right foot forward, I think it would feel more natural grinding on the left.

same with my you might want t o look into a bike with rhd but if you do get that one you dont have to grind right away you could just use it till you buy a new rhd cranks and back hub or find someone who grinds right with rhd to trade you

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/17/2013 7:39 AM

Wait is the bike already LHD or is it RHD?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/17/2013 7:44 AM

you dont need left hand drive. Just get a good hub guard and guard sprocket

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/17/2013 8:10 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

its alreeady lhd
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/17/2013 8:14 AM

does it have removable brake mounts. I take it you are a beginner so you WILL need brakes for a year or so

|

Bruh

8/17/2013 9:09 AM

Look here, a decent beginners can easily be a Mongoose Mode from WalMart. You really wont need a custom bike to start on, because it 1. Doesn't make you any better 2. Won't help you learn the basics and 3. It kind of makes you look douchey to those kids that an can't afford a decent bike. But, whatever floats you boat/Rant

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/17/2013 10:55 AM

It's fine

|

fack off

8/17/2013 1:14 PM

It's more than enough for a beginners bike.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

8/17/2013 4:04 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

TheMotherShip wrote:

its alreeady lhd
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Just talked to the seller, he has some right hand side cranks he's willing to throw in. How hard would it be to change to rhd?

|

8/17/2013 9:04 PM

your going to need a rhd hub to match though bmx forever just said the hub isn't switchable and if it was ive heard changing around or maintaining the hardware in a back hub is pretty hard i've been tinkering with a spare one i have and cant even figure it out ask the seller if hes got an rhd wheel to match and if he could just swap them out for you how much are you paying for this?

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/17/2013 9:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2013 9:10 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Look here, a decent beginners can easily be a Mongoose Mode from WalMart. You really wont need a custom bike to start on, because it 1. Doesn't make you any better 2. Won't help you learn the basics and 3. It kind of makes you look douchey to those kids that an can't afford a decent bike. But, whatever floats you boat/Rant

thats true but if he bought this one he wouldn't really need to upgrade as he progresses since he would already have a pretty solid build unless he see some parts he would like to have on his bike or something

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/18/2013 6:21 AM

FuckYoCult wrote:

3. Fuck you. I hate people that think like that. I work hard to afford the things I want. If you're better than me and have a shitty bike and I supposed to give you my nice bike? Want a nice bike? Get a fucking job kid.

|

fack off