Is this headset integrated or standard

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2015 4:24 PM

I have a Cult frame not sure which model, and I cant figure out if its integrated or standard. It looks standard but I figured I'd ask to make sure.Photo

|

1/23/2015 4:32 PM

Cult doesnt make frames with standard headsets

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

1/23/2015 4:33 PM

Interesting lol

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/23/2015 4:44 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Cult doesnt make frames with standard headsets

Ok thats what I was thinking. Somebody was telling me that the 2011-2012 cc00 complete frames had a standard headset. I know it a cult for sure though it has the stamp or whatever on the headtube gusset.

|

1/23/2015 4:45 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Cult doesnt make frames with standard headsets

Yes they do, the 2012 CC00 had one at least

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/cult-cc00-bmx-bike-2012/rp-prod75044








Email the serial number to Cult and ask them, they should be able to tell you.

|

1/23/2015 4:49 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

Cult doesnt make frames with standard headsets

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yes they do, the 2012 CC00 had one at least

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/cult-cc00-bmx-bike-2012/rp-prod75044








Email the serial number to Cult and ask them, they should be able to tell you.

Haha I was just looking at that. Ive emailed them a couple of times and got no response maybe it isnt going through I'll try again thanks.

|

1/23/2015 5:27 PM

It looks like a standard headset. If you look in the head tube and there's a lip after the bearing cup, it's standard. Should be pretty easy to tell. If the head tube is smooth all the way through it's integrated.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/23/2015 5:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2015 5:44 PM

That would be your Standard Race cup style headset. could very well be a Mechanik if it was previously owned. have your LBS check it out.

Their honestly is very VERY little diffrence in how smooth of rotation between standard(sealed) and intergrated(campy spec) simply put intergrated is just easier to work on, and slightly lighter due to lack of cups, however because of machineing cost, it means intergrated frames will be more expensive. The only real diffrence I can feel between the 2 of them, is that an intergrated headset seems to last longer, and slightly more durable, as the frame is generally stronger then the cups of a standard headset. But the weakness of being weaker then the frame is the bonus that if the cups crack or get dented or something you can just replace them, versus having to do welding and crap to your frame if it was bad enough to damage the headtube gussette.

Oh
Good news is for about 20 bucks you can slap an odyssey G3 like dis one! on that sucker and do a fufanu-double barspin Alll dayyyy wink


|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/23/2015 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2015 5:46 PM

transition_chris wrote:

It looks like a standard headset. If you look in the head tube and there's a lip after the bearing cup, it's standard. Should be pretty easy to tell. If the head tube is smooth all the way through it's integrated.

Thanks transition_chris and dkTechEthan to bad the guy before me cut the brake mounts or Id be running a gyro lol, I prob wont have this frame for long from the way it looks it isnt lasting to much longer.

|

1/23/2015 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2015 5:58 PM

Photo


Why do you say that? does it show any signs of cracking or weld fatigue or rust? if you dont see any of that or super heavy grinding love on the reardropouts, chainstays, and downtube/botton brackett, you should be just fine. Run the frame till it breaks!

as for brake mounts, you could drill a hole in the center of one of the stay bridges(the bar section between the left and right hand chain stays, and seat stays , and buy a 990 plate, that'll allow you to run a u brake, or even a V brake flipped(dont run a gyro AND a v brake BADDDD COMBO)

https://www.danscomp.com/products/489057/990_Brake_Plate.html

https://www.danscomp.com/products/510003/Odyssey_G3_Detangler.html
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/23/2015 8:24 PM

dkTechEthan wrote: Photo


Why do you say that? does it show any signs of cracking or weld fatigue or rust? if you dont see any of that or super heavy grinding love on the reardropouts, chainstays, and downtube/botton brackett, you should be just fine. Run the frame till it breaks!

as for brake mounts, you could drill a hole in the center of one of the stay bridges(the bar section between the left and right hand chain stays, and seat stays , and buy a 990 plate, that'll allow you to run a u brake, or even a V brake flipped(dont run a gyro AND a v brake BADDDD COMBO)

https://www.danscomp.com/products/489057/990_Brake_Plate.html

https://www.danscomp.com/products/510003/Odyssey_G3_Detangler.html

I have a question about that 990 mount actually. My seatstay bridge is curved instead of straight (Most might be curved havnt had another bike since 2 years ago). Can I still use the 990 mount on the curved bridge? Or will it affect the location of the pads? And the frame is in halfway decent shape a couple little dents nothing to bad.

|

1/23/2015 9:54 PM

Their's normally a fair bit of play in the brake pad's slot, at least in my case, mine are almost fully forward in the slot... for the price, I'd try it, it it looks like it'll work, try it, if not, you could always return it to danscomp, their pretty cool about that kinda stuff.

just get a brake set, (i like the springfeilds, they work great with the gyros cuz they self center, also, you can get the springfeild kit, and the g3, probably the cheapest way to do it.) and the 990 plate, hook it up, and just see where the pads are a curved bridge shouldnt have much of an effect on it since the bolt slot is alongated.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/24/2015 9:10 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

That would be your Standard Race cup style headset. could very well be a Mechanik if it was previously owned. have your LBS check it out.

Their honestly is very VERY little diffrence in how smooth of rotation between standard(sealed) and intergrated(campy spec) simply put intergrated is just easier to work on, and slightly lighter due to lack of cups, however because of machineing cost, it means intergrated frames will be more expensive. The only real diffrence I can feel between the 2 of them, is that an intergrated headset seems to last longer, and slightly more durable, as the frame is generally stronger then the cups of a standard headset. But the weakness of being weaker then the frame is the bonus that if the cups crack or get dented or something you can just replace them, versus having to do welding and crap to your frame if it was bad enough to damage the headtube gussette.

Oh
Good news is for about 20 bucks you can slap an odyssey G3 like dis one! on that sucker and do a fufanu-double barspin Alll dayyyy wink


Exactly, the cups protect the headtube a bit from ovalization. However if you rock a loose headset, it can cause issues in general, regardless of the headset type.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura