Create New Tag

3/9/2018 9:47 PM

Long story short

Buddy buys bars
Other buddy installs those bars to “test height”
Said buddy hasn’t returned the bars for like 8 months now
Him and I plan on trading bars so I’d be possession of the OG buddies bars
I’m kinda friends with the OG buddy

Who’s problem is it if he traded bars because from my understanding the other buddy owes him like 250$ in stuff he bought and borrowed parts/tools he still has . If I trade bars , I’m thinking his bar situation stays the same , just with “my” pair , which is actually the other buddies . They’re the same height bars .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/9/2018 9:58 PM

Brain.exe has stopped working.

|

3/9/2018 9:59 PM

jbales wrote:

Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/9/2018 10:12 PM

The bars belong to the guy who bought them. If you're trading and getting them from the other guy, that's theft, and you're handling stolen property (and it's a bit of a douche move). But, I'd you're trading with the guy who bought them, then he may leave it to you to get them back.

Why doesn't he just get his stuff back?

|

3/10/2018 5:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The bars belong to the guy who bought them. If you're trading and getting them from the other guy, that's theft, and you're ...more

This.

Being in possession of stolen property essentially makes you as bad as the thief (legally.)

However, if you're really concerned, why not ask your friend how he'd feel if you traded for his old bars? Maybe since it was so long ago, he's over it an doesn't care. I definitely wouldn't risk a friendship over a set of handlebars.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/10/2018 5:42 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The bars belong to the guy who bought them. If you're trading and getting them from the other guy, that's theft, and you're ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This.

Being in possession of stolen property essentially makes you as bad as the thief (legally.)

However, if you're really ...more

It starts with a set of handlebars, then it might progress to a car or some other shit.

Brayden, My suggestion in addition to Steve’s and Tim’s is to get those two to sort their shit out, dont get involved. You already know the unfairness of the situation, it wouldn't be good on your part to get involved in the potential conflict. One dude owes money, and the other dude took this dudes handlebars because he feels entitled to take anything that he feels hes owed, and now hes trading them off.

|

3/10/2018 5:55 AM

Also I'll add;

How would YOU feel if your friend showed up to the skatepark one day rocking your old handlebars that somebody stole from you?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

3/10/2018 6:43 AM

Id show up with a 6mm allen and strip the parts off he owes your friend and give them back to the person that rightfully owns them.

|

3/10/2018 7:04 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Id show up with a 6mm allen and strip the parts off he owes your friend and give them back to the person that rightfully owns ...more

Show up armed with a 9mm 6mm allen.

|

3/10/2018 7:09 AM

jbales wrote:

Exactly....

"404 error.... Please reference manual...."

|

3/10/2018 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 7:27 AM

Seriously tho... I once had a friend that had a bunch of my bike stuff that I had in his parents garage. Frame, fork, stem, bars. He was getting into smoking pot... etc... At that time. One day, I drive up on him and a friend. His friend is sitting on my bike (with his wheels etc...). They ask me if I want to "get high". I say "sure! Let's put the bike in the back & go to my house". We do. Once there, I shall while I tear down the bike. I grab all his parts, throw them at their feet & tell them "those are your parts... The rest is mine". Needless to say, we didn't get high & he promptly left. My friend then says "dude, that's not cool". To which I replied "No, pawning off my shit for your habits isn't cool."

|

3/10/2018 7:57 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Seriously tho... I once had a friend that had a bunch of my bike stuff that I had in his parents garage. Frame, fork, stem, ...more

Damn dude... that's just sad.... that's why I don't do drugs or hang around people that do... they get into that shit and just ruin their lives... then go steal shit from other people and their friends to sell and buy drugs... if some dumbass pothead tried to take my bike while I'm at the park or riding street, I'm goning to fucking do my best to beat his ass and keep my bike... plus that's another reason I almost NEVER ride alone... becasue if I'm out with my buddies and someone tries to steal any of our bikes, we're all going at whoever takes our shit... unless we're completely out numbered and or they have a weapon of some sort...

I remember Bullet was telling me he was driving to the skatepark in his truck and he had his bike in the bed, and he was at a red light and two guys looked at his truck and saw the bike, then Bullet said he saw them look at each other and nod, then Bullet was like, "NICE BIKE AIN'T IT?!" and then he said they just ranlaughing That was funny as helllaughing

And Brayden, I'd do what Bullet said, just go with some tools and take your shit back... that sucks that is happening to you, but you have to show your friends that you not playing around and if they stole your shit you're going yo take it back... otherwise they most likely will steal more stuff from you becasue they're like, "Ah, let's go steal Brayden's shit becasue he won't do anything about it!" So yeah, I'd just rock up with some tools and take your shit back.... best of luck dude!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/10/2018 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 8:24 AM

The first dude is loaded with money and gets anything he wants from his parents LOL

The second buddy hasn’t stolen it , the original guy just never actually tries to get his stuff back because he’s loaded and 250$ is pocket change for him and he gets new parts when he wants . I know both of them and I hardly think the original guy cares because I brought it up to him like a month ago and he didn’t really seem to care , but I’ll talk and figure it out . My original friend likes my bars just as much actually . I don’t think he’d be upset with trying to get back “his” pair which essentially would be mine after a trade , they’re the same height just 4 piece

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/10/2018 8:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 8:31 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Seriously tho... I once had a friend that had a bunch of my bike stuff that I had in his parents garage. Frame, fork, stem, ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Damn dude... that's just sad.... that's why I don't do drugs or hang around people that do... they get into that shit and just ...more

Yeah... Drugs are fucked. Honestly, pot isn't as big of a deal as it's made it to be & there's some very real benefits to its use & the products that can be produced from it. That's not to say that a completely healthy person needs it. & I wouldn't worry about any "druggy" stealing your shit from a park, etc... They aren't the types for confrontation. They will steal from you but it's the sort of plausible deniability stealing that they do. If someone is trying to steal your shit at a park, group up... Those bitches are more brazen & will fight you. Your best bet is to never let them think there's an opening to steal. Like a big dog barking in an empty house. Or an obvious active alarm system in an empty house. Would-be thieves will look for an easier target. So if someone is prone to leaving their bike unattended while filming, & there's a door nearby... That's a potential target. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But yeah.... Eventually. Shit, I once had friends steal my shit. I was in the hospital after collarbone surgery. My "friend", knowing my mother slept like a rock & would leave the screen door locked, came in, stole my bike, my stereo, game systems, etc...; yeah... Real nice.

Anyway... Sorry about the rant. Be careful "taking your shot back". Reason being, possession is 9/10th of the law. Meaning, if you can't prove something is yours, the person in possession of said item is the owner in the eyes of the law. So you are taking your shot back, he calls the cops, they bust you for stealing. Now, I can say that I'm all in favor of real justice. "That's my shit. You know it, I know it, I'm taking it.". That's the way shit should be when it goes wrong. But let's say you aren't as strong or capable... Then you are at the mercy of the person who stole? That sucks. That's where the law should come in.

Anyway... What it may vcome down to (to paraphrase from A Bronx Tale) is that sometimes it's better to write off that friend. So... The bars are $40? Hee has shown himself to be a Dick. You got off cheap. It cost you $40 to learn that this guy is a POS.

|

3/10/2018 8:57 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Damn dude... that's just sad.... that's why I don't do drugs or hang around people that do... they get into that shit and just ...more

Fuckin pot heads always stealing bikes

|

3/10/2018 9:03 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I say pot heads, but Mishinn is right, people doing head drugs like coke, speed etc. are the people most likely to steal your shit... usually pot heads when they're high are super calm, but people drinking alcohol and on hard drugs lose their shit and go do shit they 100% wouldn't do while sober... that's why I never have, and never will do drugs, or even try them...

|

3/10/2018 9:08 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I say pot heads, but Mishinn is right, people doing head drugs like coke, speed etc. are the people most likely to steal your ...more

I've done a lot of of cocaine, speed and MDMA in my past. But I've never stolen anything. I'm sure you mean meth/heroin addicts.

|

3/10/2018 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 9:12 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I say pot heads, but Mishinn is right, people doing head drugs like coke, speed etc. are the people most likely to steal your ...more

jbales wrote:

I've done a lot of of cocaine, speed and MDMA in my past. But I've never stolen anything. I'm sure you mean meth/heroin ...more

Yeah.... That's the shit that makes people steal shit... To feed their addiction.

|

3/10/2018 9:20 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

jbales wrote:

I've done a lot of of cocaine, speed and MDMA in my past. But I've never stolen anything. I'm sure you mean meth/heroin ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah.... That's the shit that makes people steal shit... To feed their addiction.

Well that's what I meant then... damn! Well I guess that should prove to you guys I dont do drugs becasue obviously I don't know shit about them LMAOlaughing

|

3/10/2018 11:11 AM

If your friend bought the items online, there Will be dome kind of transaction receipt to prove he bought those items. Either way, if you know they are stolen, dont buy them...unless you intend on giving them to your friend after they are in your possesion.

|

3/10/2018 1:14 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

If your friend bought the items online, there Will be dome kind of transaction receipt to prove he bought those items. Either ...more

Turns out the bars are probably cut too short for me to want to ride them . Don’t think my buddy would have cared much if I did obtain them but ya I think I’ll probably skip on this

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/10/2018 3:12 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Id show up with a 6mm allen and strip the parts off he owes your friend and give them back to the person that rightfully owns ...more

jbales wrote:

Show up armed with a 9mm 6mm allen.

hahaha.

i’d go with this option

|