Is this supposed to sound like that?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 4:07 PM

Hey guys, my new KMC 710 Kool chain makes this rattle when I bounce the bike... my chains have usually always done this to some degree, but this sounds different... maybe there's something I can do to stop this, idk what though... so watch this and let me know... I think it's probably okay... bit I'd just like a second opinion... Thanks guys!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/20/2018 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 4:14 PM

Sounds like the rollers are bouncing on the pins, meaning no lube. I'd also say to tension your chain a little more, it should be tight to where there's no slop but it still moves freely.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/20/2018 4:26 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Sounds like the rollers are bouncing on the pins, meaning no lube. I'd also say to tension your chain a little more, it should ...more

Well actually before I made that video, I just lubed the chain to see if that you fix it, but no luck... and I also tightened my chain and it still did it...

|

1/20/2018 4:28 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Well actually before I made that video, I just lubed the chain to see if that you fix it, but no luck... and I also tightened ...more

Strange...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/20/2018 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 4:41 PM

Yea that's a wierd sound. It sounds like its rattling... Or hitting the frame. Is it too tight maybe? Yea I just bounced my bike and mines not moving even half as much maybe you need to take a link out? Maybe just ride it a bit and see if it beds in. Mine kinda grinded for like to runs and then shut up.

|

1/20/2018 4:42 PM

Sounds like pretty typical chain rattle to me.. you're just hearing all the rollers moving on the pin and hitting the inside of the links. I wouldn't worry about it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/20/2018 5:01 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Sounds like pretty typical chain rattle to me.. you're just hearing all the rollers moving on the pin and hitting the inside ...more

That's what I was thinking...

|

1/20/2018 5:09 PM

How does it feel compared to your old one?

|

1/20/2018 5:23 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

How does it feel compared to your old one?

I like it alot! Still hasn't bed in yet, it's been nasty rainy weather.... but I'll definatly let you know when I get some more time on it!

|

1/20/2018 7:19 PM

That would annoy me, probably an easy fix though. Chain looks kinda loose, how about you pinch the chain with your fingers and then bounce the bike again and see if it makes that noise. What kind of bike is that?

|

1/20/2018 7:48 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

That would annoy me, probably an easy fix though. Chain looks kinda loose, how about you pinch the chain with your fingers and ...more

Yeah if I hold the chain and bounce it, it doesn't make that noise... idk it's a new chain so maybe it just needs to bed in more to the sprocket and driver... and my bike? It's just my custom build... I can give a parts list if you want...

|

1/20/2018 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 9:02 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

That would annoy me, probably an easy fix though. Chain looks kinda loose, how about you pinch the chain with your fingers and ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah if I hold the chain and bounce it, it doesn't make that noise... idk it's a new chain so maybe it just needs to bed in ...more

Just saw the frame was curious, it looks dope. I watched it again, it looks like it's all in the chain itself. Probably just how it's made, tightening it may help.

|

1/20/2018 9:01 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah if I hold the chain and bounce it, it doesn't make that noise... idk it's a new chain so maybe it just needs to bed in ...more

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Just saw the frame was curious, it looks dope. I watched it again, it looks like it's all in the chain itself. Probably just ...more

Thanks man!

|

1/21/2018 7:32 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

If you hold your chain while you bounce it, you are preventing the chain from moving side-to-side, thus keeping the rollers from rattling around. All you are hearing is your rollers moving around. Just ride it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/21/2018 8:04 AM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you hold your chain while you bounce it, you are preventing the chain from moving side-to-side, thus keeping the rollers ...more

Yeah I figured, Thanks Tim! I just like to keep my bike dialed af tongue

|