Is this tire safe to use?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2020 2:14 PM

I have this spare Shadow tire laying around, but the bead is protruding through the rubber. Additionally, the bead has a 'bend' in this spot that you can feel as you run your finger down the bead, its clearly deformed a bit, inwards.

So, can I run this or will it cause constant puncture flats?

Thanks

Photo

|

3/1/2020 5:24 PM

Id say bend it back and wrap a couple layers of electrical tape over it. It could be a potential area for the tire to blow off the rim at certain angles of landing. I would run it for cruising and just hopping around bit, I wouldnt trust it for rotation tricks personally.

|

3/1/2020 5:50 PM

Safe enough.

|

3/1/2020 7:06 PM

I don't think you'll die, even if you end up blowing a tube because of it (not that you would at this point).

|

3/1/2020 11:29 PM

New tire def

|

3/2/2020 1:31 AM

Do exactly the same as Bulletpup said, and run it for a day or two to see if it pops your tube, if it doesnt then have fun with your new tire

|

3/2/2020 3:19 AM

that looks fine. ive ridden much worse. try and get the bend out of there. it will probably straighten out anyway once you add pressure.

|

3/2/2020 8:34 AM

Pump it up to 110 psi and giver

|

3/2/2020 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2020 10:35 AM

I'd be careful you run the risk of folding your bike with that tyre. Just to be safe/careful, just get a new bike.

|

3/2/2020 4:21 PM

Definitely should make sure to run it at 132 psi and then jump off 12'ers. Make sure you shift ALL your weight on it. After that you'll know whether or not you need a new tire.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican