Issue with new sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2019 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2019 8:13 PM

I made a post about how my sprocket is brand new and when I install it on the bike there is a wobble towards the frame at the sprocket bolt.

I don't know what to do from here, I've tried my other sprocket I replaced and tightend the crank bolts first then the sprocket bolt and it was fine, I done the exact same thing with the new LaGuardia sprocket and it still has that wobble there.

Any help in advanced would be great, thanks.

|

2/26/2019 8:31 PM

It may be a good time to contact Odyssey/the distributor as it's very possible that the sprocket was machined poorly. If you can't make the problem happen with other sprockets, it's possible this sprocket is just slightly too thin on the clamping area.

Have you other cranks you could try it on, just to eliminate those?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2019 10:07 AM

galaxyrides wrote:

I made a post about how my sprocket is brand new and when I install it on the bike there is a wobble towards the frame at the sprocket bolt.

I don't know what to do from here, I've tried my other sprocket I replaced and tightend the crank bolts first then the sprocket bolt and it was fine, I done the exact same thing with the new LaGuardia sprocket and it still has that wobble there.

Any help in advanced would be great, thanks.

I had a similar issue with my bsd sticker bomb sprocket and it turns out I used the wrong sized top hat washer. Try the same washer as you used before with your old sprocket if your new sprocket didn't come with one of these washers. Try placing it on the sprocket then sliding it onto your spindle and move it around, if you have the right sized washer on it should be a snug fit and rotate straight. Let me know if it works

|