It's Official

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2017 10:56 AM

I am back in the industry. I am starting a part time gig at the shop I used to be Service Manager at. Looks like this ole' fella is gonna be throwing down on some fresh gear!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2017 12:51 PM

Hoorayyy for cheap parts. Best part about working in a shop

|

1/26/2017 7:36 PM

Good for you!! I sometimes wish I could part time in an LBS doing repairs and just helping out. My current 9-5 doesn't allow me the time, but when I was a kid..like 12-15, my friends and I would hang out at the LBS and do dirty work for the owner. In turn, he would give us "store credit" to buy parts etc. It was fun. People would drop off their bikes for repair, and we would "deliver" them back to the people when they were done. He would have us take bikes apart, or remove the damaged parts...so we got some "Wrenching 101" back then.

The best was when he would give us the old promotional posters and banners as new ones came in. My room at home was hella decorated!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

1/26/2017 7:45 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Good for you!! I sometimes wish I could part time in an LBS doing repairs and just helping out. My current 9-5 doesn't allow ...more

That's awesome!

For me it will be therapeutic, I will earn a few extra bucks, get some deals, and spend a few hours here or there helping out.

It's almost a win all the way around. Downside is I am giving up a day off sometimes, and miss time with my family.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2017 8:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's awesome!

For me it will be therapeutic, I will earn a few extra bucks, get some deals, and spend a few hours here or ...more

I definitely see the therapeutic side...and that might even make the time that you are with your family better...so the time loss might not be that "bad".

I think just getting to interact in a "live" situation with other riders would also be a blast...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence