I've got the urge to try a trick

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2017 9:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2017 9:02 AM

Never tried any tricks on my bike due to breaking my spine years ago,but I'm 80% healed and have the urge to try a simple drop off of this ledge near my apartment.I'd ride down the sloop part and hop off the ledge,is the drop off to high? For some reason I've got this urge to try it.ypu can't own a bmx bike and not try something right?

Photo

|

3/14/2017 9:30 AM

The drop looks to be about wheel height, not a problem. Unless you aim to clear the pavement, there'd be no need to hop. Just pull up a little as you roll off it. That said, it'd be much more fun, in my opinion at least, to clear the pavement.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/14/2017 10:27 AM

I would try to clear the pavement but I'm a newbie and would rough myself up

|

3/14/2017 10:28 AM

If I wanted to try to clear the pavement I'd have to pull up right when I hit the drop?

|

3/14/2017 10:53 AM

Kinda, it wouldn't be like hopping on flat. The slope kinda throws you into the ground but if you hop just at the right moment, you'd clear the pavement with ease as the slope would push you forward quite a bit as well. I'd say roll off it once or twice and then try go a little further.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/14/2017 11:06 AM

try the drop off many times...first to gauge how much you have to pull up to get a clean lift, and then also to learn how to get a clean landing

THEN, start trying to add length to the jump to eventually clear the pavement.

I always try new stuff in increments. As I get more comfortable with the trick, it gets "bigger" or better

I am sort of in your same boat in that about a year ago I nearly dislocated my leg playing hockey. IT is only about 90% recovered, and I have to be carefull about how I bear weight on it or my knee buckles. For me, the fear of doing tricks right now is more centered on if I have to bail off the bike, will my leg support the weight of the bail. It has nearly buckles a couple of times so I am still leary

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/14/2017 11:39 AM

Do it! It looks fun! Just lift the front at the bottom to level yourself out. It looks like you'd pick up a fair amount of speed by the time you get to the bottom

|

3/14/2017 2:53 PM

Do it, just watch out for security. I've ridden that spot and one time this huge security guard came running after us and he looked PISSED haha

|

3/14/2017 6:16 PM

Thanks for the reply's but indeed I'll try it.Sunday you live in Baltimore,if so that's awesome.

|

3/14/2017 6:22 PM

nah about an hour away but I ride there every now & then

|

3/14/2017 6:49 PM

Tires it to drop down manual - 180 off the curb

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/14/2017 7:02 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Tires it to drop down manual - 180 off the curb

180 into it, half-cab the pavement tongue

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/14/2017 9:14 PM

If you go for it film it so we can see!!

|

3/15/2017 6:30 AM

I will film it indeed but have to wait until it warms up and the snow melts.

|

3/15/2017 6:33 AM

@SundaybmxRR that's cool.

|