J-hop

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2010 11:41 AM

Every time I watch a video on youtube of a nice bunny hop, down in the comments, someone argues that it's a j-hop then someone replies no it's not. Then vice-versa on a j-hop video. They look the same to me when I watch them so they must be getting them wrong. Can someone tell me the true difference?

|

6/9/2010 11:42 AM

j-hop is what wannabe gangsters, mexicans, and black kids say

it's called a damn bunny hop
lol

|

6/9/2010 11:44 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

lol

so true

|

ha

6/9/2010 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/9/2010 11:45 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

lol

haha that's what i thought. lol, that's funny. People are arguing over what it's called what it really is and it's the same thing.

|

6/9/2010 11:45 AM

HOWEVER,
if i see someone do a bunny hop where they pull the front end and back end up at the same time, i refer to that as a flat hop lol

|

6/9/2010 11:46 AM

i thought j-hop was front tire firstlike and endo bunny hop ahhaha

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/9/2010 11:47 AM

Effting wrote:

"nollie"?

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

6/9/2010 11:49 AM

Effting wrote:

haha, i think that's a nollie.

|

6/9/2010 11:50 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

HOWEVER,
if i see someone do a bunny hop where they pull the front end and back end up at the same time, i refer to that as a flat hop lol

lol

|

6/9/2010 11:52 AM

Effting wrote:

imchrisperez wrote:

"nollie"?

yeah i call that shiznit a nollie

|

6/9/2010 11:53 AM

bunny hop is when you hop with both tires even in the air, usually a very low hop.

rat hop is what most people do, pull up the front of the bike then the back end with their legs and push forward to even out the bike.

j-hop is the same as a rat hop but you go nose dive to make it over something (rail hop)

|

6/9/2010 11:55 AM

Effting wrote:

imchrisperez wrote:

"nollie"?

intersting, my whole lifes a lie, i thought it was a j-hop this whole time sad

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/9/2010 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:58 AM

Effting wrote:

it's ok...
if you need a shoulder to cry on, i'm here for you

|

6/9/2010 11:56 AM

Effting wrote:

imchrisperez wrote:

"nollie"?

Effting wrote:

im so sorry. sad

|

6/9/2010 11:58 AM

There is bunny hops and they are failed attempts at bunny hops, there is no such thing as j-hops or rat hops.

Bunny hops are front first then back.

|

6/9/2010 11:58 AM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

bunny hop is when you hop with both tires even in the air, usually a very low hop.

rat hop is what most people do, pull up the front of the bike then the back end with their legs and push forward to even out the bike.

j-hop is the same as a rat hop but you go nose dive to make it over something (rail hop)

seriously? Every time someone jumps like what you called a rat hop, its called a bunny hop. even trick tips call them bunny hops. front first then back. hmmmmm. contradictions.

|

6/9/2010 11:59 AM

Twisted654 wrote:

There is bunny hops and they are failed attempts at bunny hops, there is no such thing as j-hops or rat hops.

Thank you!!! This is what I thought the entire time. And a lot of people said different.

|

6/9/2010 12:01 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

seriously? Every time someone jumps like what you called a rat hop, its called a bunny hop. even trick tips call them bunny hops. front first then back. hmmmmm. contradictions.

don't listen to him.
he is a noobasaurus-rex
he also likes arguing with me about freecoasters
tongue

|

6/9/2010 12:02 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

don't listen to him.
he is a noobasaurus-rex
he also likes arguing with me about freecoasters
tongue

hahaha laughing

|

6/9/2010 12:04 PM

bobminthy wrote:

Thank you!!! This is what I thought the entire time. And a lot of people said different.

All the other names and arguing are made up by little kids, that don't want to accept that they can't do a proper bunny hop. So they argue they are actually called something else and they are doing it right

|

6/9/2010 12:05 PM

haha 12 year olds

|

6/9/2010 12:06 PM

Twisted654 wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

Twisted654 wrote:

All the other names and arguing are made up by little kids, that don't want to accept that they can't do a proper bunny hop. So they argue they are actually called something else and they are doing it right

lol, thanks for clearing that up. If anyone says else wise, i'll send them to this thread. haha

|

6/9/2010 12:07 PM

Twisted654 wrote:

bobminthy wrote:

Twisted654 wrote:

This.

|

6/9/2010 12:30 PM

A J-hop entails lifting the front wheel off the ground and then leveling out in the air. A bunny hop on the other hand is like a cheap version in which both wheels are lifted at once (for people who cant j-hop). A J-hop will get your bike much higher and further than a bunny hop so i wouldnt worry yourself with bunny hops anyway.

Hope this helps smile

|

"....I know, I checked.........ONLINE." - Rod Kimble

6/9/2010 12:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 2:58 AM

LMW20294 wrote:

A J-hop entails lifting the front wheel off the ground and then leveling out in the air. A bunny hop on the other hand is like a cheap version in which both wheels are lifted at once (for people who cant j-hop). A J-hop will get your bike much higher and further than a bunny hop so i wouldnt worry yourself with bunny hops anyway.

Hope this helps smile

I have a question, how many of you people that keep insisting that a bunny hop is both wheels up at the same time have ever seen a bunny actually hop? I can assure you that they do not hop at the same time. It's front then back.

A bunny hop is front first then back. There is no such thing as a j-hop. It's made up buy kids that can't actually do a bunny hop.

|

6/9/2010 12:40 PM

LMW20294 wrote:

Hope this helps smile

Twisted654 wrote:

I have a question, how many of you people that keep insisting that a bunny hop is both wheels up at the same time have ever seen a bunny actually hop? I can assure you that they do not hop at the same time. It's front then back.

A bunny hop is front first then back. There is no such thing as a j-hop. It's made up buy kids that can't actually do a bunny hop.

This is definitely the answer.

|

6/9/2010 12:46 PM

i just say hop, way less controversial.

|

say yeahh.

6/9/2010 12:46 PM

LMW20294 wrote:

Hope this helps smile

Twisted654 wrote:

other way around dizzy j-hop is seen as more "legit" as it were, and bunny hop made up by incapeable kids. wink

|

"....I know, I checked.........ONLINE." - Rod Kimble

6/9/2010 12:49 PM

azbmx12 wrote:

i just say hop, way less controversial.

haha, good idea.

|

6/9/2010 12:51 PM

LMW20294 wrote:

other way around dizzy j-hop is seen as more "legit" as it were, and bunny hop made up by incapeable kids. wink

Apparently you have never seen a bunny actually hop....

Bunny hops, are front first then back. The term j-hop is made up by kids that want to make it seem like they can actually do a trick. They argue that when it's front then back is a j-hop because they don't want to admit they can't do the bunny hop properly. I

|